+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: anyone on here been to Baja ? ?

anyone on here been to Baja ? ?

struggling with the US border still being closed, but we can fly into Mexico, we still have a open ticket that we can use, looked at LHR to MEX and found them around £500 each

thinking of Rosarito, but its fairly close to Tijuana which appears to be a no-go with the cartels shooting each other

thinking of surfing and just enjoying the beach for a week

Sooooo anyone been and offer any advice ? ??

Re: anyone on here been to Baja ? ?

If you're into surfing, do some research on Costa Rica. Much safer than Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    struggling with the US border still being closed, but we can fly into Mexico, we still have a open ticket that we can use, looked at LHR to MEX and found them around £500 each

thinking of Rosarito, but its fairly close to Tijuana which appears to be a no-go with the cartels shooting each other

thinking of surfing and just enjoying the beach for a week

Sooooo anyone been and offer any advice ? ??
    Bit lively maybe for a family holiday maybe Matt, I’ve been to Mexico twice and travelled around for 2 months once, crazy place.
    I was warned off going up north towards the us border, baja is supposed to be amazing though according to my mate who lives in San Diego. Surfing on that coast isn’t for the faint hearted either, spent a week in Porto Escondido and the waves/rips looked heavy.
    Heard lots of good stuff about Costa Rica as mentioned before. A country that’s basically a national park.

Only reading this week about the problems in northern Mexico - especially anywhere you could possibly get across the border. Not the safest of places, apparently.

My understanding is that The Western States are the most dangerous.
    Baja, Sinaloa and parts of Chihuahua being amongst the worst.

A friend did go to Cabo last year and said it was fine...I wouldn’t be going there though at the moment.

thanks all

maybe Baja is not the destination for me then, I only looked that way as I have a open ticket with Utd airlines ( and its Star Alliance partnerships ) So Mexico was a goer

I will have a look at Costa Rica ( ive seen some of the big wave hunters riding waves during storms around Costa Rica ) and see if theStar Alliance flies that way

thanks all