+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Theophile-Catherine gifts West Ham the opening goal yesterday...

Theophile-Catherine gifts West Ham the opening goal yesterday...

1.20 in...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1hnPjA46Ag

He's 31 now, with Dinamo Zagreb; at City in 2013-15 including Premier League season.

Decent player too

Re: Theophile-Catherine gifts West Ham the opening goal yesterday...

Sorry it's 35 seconds into the clip - but there's a lot of replays and goes on till 1.10

Some of the blame has to go on the keeper, he looked hesitant and he swung at the ball half-heartedly.

A player from our past who’s, no doubt, made a hell of living out of the game. Was it him who should have cleared his lines before a Sunderland equaliser in the ‘red Premier League season’?

I always thought he was a good player, but a strange signing, we had just signed John Brayford for 1.5 million, who had been a top championship attacking right back for a few years and had earned a shot at the premier league, we still had McNaughton, and Matt Connolly who could play there. then we spend another couple of million on KTC.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I always thought he was a good player, but a strange signing, we had just signed John Brayford for 1.5 million, who had been a top championship attacking right back for a few years and had earned a shot at the premier league, we still had McNaughton, and Matt Connolly who could play there. then we spend another couple of million on KTC.
    Jon Parkin thought it was KFC

Then after all that didn't he start Connolly at right back lol.
    Brayford was such a strange one.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Then after all that didn't he start Connolly at right back lol.
    Brayford was such a strange one.
    Matt Connolly playing right-back in the Premier? - Ouch!!... doesn't bear thinking of.

My guess is that progressive hipster Brayford clashed with 70s man Malky and the former was booted out. I have no evidence for this; just surmising.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Matt Connolly playing right-back in the Premier? - Ouch!!... doesn't bear thinking of.
    I'm sure I saw him play left back once in the championship, it was painful to watch. I thought he was great as a centre back and average as a right back, but he couldn't play left back.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I'm sure I saw him play left back once in the championship, it was painful to watch. I thought he was great as a centre back and average as a right back, but he couldn't play left back.
    Connolly played left-back for us at Ipswich in 2017/18. We had Bruno Ecuele Manga at right-back as well, so four centre-backs in the back four.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Connolly played left-back for us at Ipswich in 2017/18. We had Bruno Ecuele Manga at right-back as well, so four centre-backs in the back four.
    That was against a Mick McCarthy team playing a predictable 352, so our full backs probably had a quiet game 😁