+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: All decisions are made by Tan

Re: All decisions are made by Tan

I’m not a fan of Tan, I simply don’t like his attitude towards the club, I can never forgive him for the Red debacle and the numerous missed opportunities to take the club forward. On the business front City represents roughly 6% of Berjaya’s assets so its never going to get the personal level of attention from Tan. The days of it being his plaything have gone, the club is in stasis until the day he wants rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I’m not a fan of Tan, I simply don’t like his attitude towards the club, I can never forgive him for the Red debacle and the numerous missed opportunities to take the club forward. On the business front City represents roughly 6% of Berjaya’s assets so its never going to get the personal level of attention from Tan. The days of it being his plaything have gone, the club is in stasis until the day he wants rid of it.
    It all depends on how you want to look at it.
    I can name at least a dozen clubs off the top of my head, who used to be league clubs, and are now non league.
    We could easily have been amongst that lot.
    We’ve been in the 2nd tier now for almost 2 decades, and have tasted 2 seasons in the Premier league, and 4 visits to Wembley.
    Something none of us would have believed in the dungeon days.
    Obviously that’s not all down to Tan, but we’ve had more good times than bad during his tenure.
    Those who say they can never forgive him for the attempted rebrand, are imo, very childish and bitter.
    There are lots of things in the world at the moment to be to be upset and angry about. The colour of a football shirt isn’t one.
    I was born in St Davids hospital, and have never lived further than 3 miles away from NP and the CCS all my life. I’ve supported them since i was a toddler. I’ll support them for the rest of my days, what ever colour they play in.
    As owners go, he’s ok in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    As soon as i read this post, i knew TLG would be all over it like a rash.
    Similarly, as soon as I posted on this thread, I knew my most avid fan would follow. It’s the perfect platform for yet another in his lengthy series of inane comments. Let it go, fella. You’ll get ulcers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Similarly, as soon as I posted on this thread, I knew my most avid fan would follow. It’s the perfect platform for yet another in his lengthy series of inane comments. Let it go, fella. You’ll get ulcers.
    First time i’ve posted on here for weeks bitterman. Unlike you, continually refusing to put your toys back in the pram.

First time i’ve posted on here for weeks bitterman..
    Exactly. First time you’ve posted here in weeks and the first thing you do is hunt down one of my posts to supply another of your tedious responses. What a bitter man. Or woman.

I was born in St Davids hospital, and have never lived further than 3 miles away from NP and the CCS all my life. I’ve supported them since i was a toddler. I’ll support them for the rest of my days, what ever colour they play in.
    I wasn’t born in Cardiff, I’d never set foot in the place until my first match, the closest I’ve lived is 40 miles away, I only come to Cardiff for City or Wales matches. I’ve lived all over the world, currently in Poland. I’ve attended roughly 1200 games including 78 of the 92 with City. I’ve supported them since I was 8 & will support them the rest of my days. What’s your point?

I wasn’t born in Cardiff, I’d never set foot in the place until my first match, the closest I’ve lived is 40 miles away, I only come to Cardiff for City or Wales matches. I’ve lived all over the world, currently in Poland. I’ve attended roughly 1200 games including 78 of the 92 with City. I’ve supported them since I was 8 & will support them the rest of my days. What’s your point?
    My point is, as a Cardiff boy through and through, the attempted rebrand was just a bit of fabric woven into our colourful history. We haven’t got the monopoly on the colour blue. Grow up.

My point is, as a Cardiff boy through and through, the attempted rebrand was just a bit of fabric woven into our colourful history. We haven’t got the monopoly on the colour blue. Grow up.
    Thankfully the majority didn't see it like this .
    Hence we are back in blue.

If we were in red right now , you would probably have the stadium to your self , which I think would suit you
    seeing as you were born a stones throw from the ground . Gives your opinion so much more ?? ......nothing actually.....

It actually pleases me to see a red on here whingeing

What does this mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Thankfully the majority didn't see it like this .
    Hence we are back in blue.

If we were in red right now , you would probably have the stadium to your self , which I think would suit you
    seeing as you were born a stones throw from the ground . Gives your opinion so much more ?? ......nothing actually.....

It actually pleases me to see a red on here whingeing
    We had our biggest crowds in Red. It’s success that brings fans in, not the colour of the shirt.
    My point about being a local boy, wasn’t that my opinion means more than others, it was that if it doesn’t bother me, why should it bother interlopers like you?

We had our biggest crowds in Red.
    Incorrect.

Steady on. The height of any sensible fan’s ambitions is to be Not Derby.
    Did you know that we were once in the 4th Division, Playing in front of 3,000 fans.

We had our biggest crowds in Red. It’s success that brings fans in, not the colour of the shirt.
    My point about being a local boy, wasn’t that my opinion means more than others, it was that if it doesn’t bother me, why should it bother interlopers like you?
    Is there a contradiction in there ?

Interestingly where did all the local born reds go when the ratings dropped?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Did you know that we were once in the 4th Division, Playing in front of 3,000 fans.
    And thats why , if we lose 5-0 today , We should all count our blessings .

Exactly. And no team currently in the Premier League ever played in the bottom division, so City fans shouldn’t be aiming that high.

(*No team in the Premier League except Brentford. And Burnley. And Brighton. Oh, and Wolves.)

Its not as straightforward as the club being in stasis until he wants rid of it.

You need someone who wants it.

The likelihood is Tan or his family are going to be our owners for years.

It wouldnt suprise me if we get another promotion in the years ahead or even dropped to L1. There are currently bigger clubs than us down there.

Im pretty confident we will be safe in mid table over the next couple of seasons. Though the football isnt going to be pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    And thats why , if we lose 5-0 today , We should all count our blessings .
    It's a great strategy. Used by Bum politicians and the servile foe Centuries.

Exactly. And no team currently in the Premier League ever played in the bottom division, so City fans shouldn’t be aiming that high.

(*No team in the Premier League except Brentford. And Burnley. And Brighton. Oh, and Wolves.)
    Stop this disobedience! We could've ended up like Leicester who played in the 3rd division and had to go into Administration. I wonder what happened to them?

Stop this disobedience! We could've ended up like Leicester who played in the 3rd division and had to go into Administration. I wonder what happened to them?
    Thats a reason I couldnt be happy with them winning the league.

I may be wrong but I think they did it before the points deduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

I may be wrong but I think they did it before the points deduction.
    They did, i think they were 30 million in debt, 2003 i think.

Today’s opponents have been in administration. Twice. As have Premier League clubs Crystal Palace (twice), Southampton and Leeds.

This thread was started and is being perpetuated by the biggest pair of ‘anti anything Cardiff City’ posters on this board and their hangers on. Anyone who has posted anything remotely disagreeing with their opinion is immediately jumped upon and ridiculed. It is one of a long line of anti Tan, anti McCarthy, anti team threads to be started by this pair in the six years that I have been posting on the board. At least I now now that I am not the only person on this board that is totally pissed off by their attitude and constant sniping and moaning. I refuse to engage with them any more directly and will not let them spoil the enjoyment I get from following my team, which is after all what they really want. Their opinions are irrelevant.

Today’s opponents have been in administration. Twice. As have Premier League clubs Crystal Palace (twice), Southampton and Leeds.
    Wasnt there breaking of FFP rules the year they got promoted as well? Im sure it was either Bournemouth or QPR.

Wasnt there breaking of FFP rules the year they got promoted as well? Im sure it was either Bournemouth or QPR.
    Bournemouth were fined for breaching FFP rules during their promotion season, but the fine was reduced on appeal if I remember correctly.

QPR were also fined for the same thing. I think they appealed too, but their appeal was rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I can't accept anyone having opinions that differ from mine.
    Are you still upset because you made a fool of yourself over your ludicrous Madine loan fee claims?