+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: All decisions are made by Tan

Re: All decisions are made by Tan

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    My point is, as a Cardiff boy through and through, the attempted rebrand was just a bit of fabric woven into our colourful history. We haven’t got the monopoly on the colour blue. Grow up.
    You did ok until the last two words, then you just couldn’t resist it.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    You did ok until the last two words, then you just couldn’t resist it.
    That’s just my reaction to a grown, intelligent man, who ‘can’t forgive’ a club owner who dared to implement a rebrand, , albeit a daft rebrand,
    Anyone would think he’d committed a heinous crime.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    This thread was started and is being perpetuated by the biggest pair of ‘anti anything Cardiff City’ posters on this board and their hangers on. Anyone who has posted anything remotely disagreeing with their opinion is immediately jumped upon and ridiculed. It is one of a long line of anti Tan, anti McCarthy, anti team threads to be started by this pair in the six years that I have been posting on the board. At least I now now that I am not the only person on this board that is totally pissed off by their attitude and constant sniping and moaning. I refuse to engage with them any more directly and will not let them spoil the enjoyment I get from following my team, which is after all what they really want. Their opinions are irrelevant.
    It’s water off s ducks back to me. Thankfully the negative bitter element on this board make up about 0000000.1% of the clubs actual fanbase, if that.

This I believe is the price we pay for playing in blue which is ok by me.The pandemic has hit many a big businessman hard including Tan and maybe those that wanna see the back of him should contact an alternative on behalf of the rest of us poor fans or at least name a couple.I think even at Wrexham the current owners would wince at the financial demands if they ever get to championship level,same goes for Salford methinks.Also another thing that bugs me is that people think that Tans supposed naivety about football is hurting our club when my guess is the opposite insomuch as his naivety saved us from oblivion in the beginning.A fact that a few have tried to airbrush out since.Only ever get threads like this when we get a poor onfield result.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    This I believe is the price we pay for playing in blue which is ok by me.The pandemic has hit many a big businessman hard including Tan and maybe those that wanna see the back of him should contact an alternative on behalf of the rest of us poor fans or at least name a couple.I think even at Wrexham the current owners would wince at the financial demands if they ever get to championship level,same goes for Salford methinks.Also another thing that bugs me is that people think that Tans supposed naivety about football is hurting our club when my guess is the opposite insomuch as his naivety saved us from oblivion in the beginning.A fact that a few have tried to airbrush out since.Only ever get threads like this when we get a poor onfield result.
    Tan is supposedly a billionaire. There's a good chance he did quite well over the pandemic. The collective wealth of billionaires increased by $4 trillion in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Tan is supposedly a billionaire. There's a good chance he did quite well over the pandemic. The collective wealth of billionaires increased by $4 trillion in that time.
    You’re absolutely spot on. It’s not as if he was forced to buy a football club. He did it for financial reasons or a vanity project that turned back to blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    You’re absolutely spot on. It’s not as if he was forced to buy a football club. He did it for financial reasons or a vanity project that turned back to blue.
    He's not a billionaire and as his businesses are in the main leisure based I would imagine he's taken a big hit and who the **** buys a football club for financial gain? 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Also another thing that bugs me is that people think that Tans supposed naivety about football is hurting our club when my guess is the opposite insomuch as his naivety saved us from oblivion in the beginning. A fact that a few have tried to airbrush out since.
    I have no idea what this means. Perhaps you can explain it. But I'm pretty certain that whatever you mean isn't a fact.

That’s just my reaction to a grown, intelligent man, who ‘can’t forgive’ a club owner who dared to implement a rebrand, albeit a daft rebrand, anyone would think he’d committed a heinous crime.
    Why do other people's opinions regarding Vincent Tan upset you so much? You appear to get genuinely upset, which is more than a little weird.

Incidentally, I'd guess that most people's views about the man are not solely a result of his laughable rebrand. I know mine aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Why do other people's opinions regarding Vincent Tan upset you so much? You appear to get genuinely upset, which is more than a little weird.

Incidentally, I'd guess that most people's views about the man are not solely a result of his laughable rebrand. I know mine aren't.
    Doesn’t upset me in the least. That’s just your take on it. I do find it equally weird how grown men can stop going to games because of a colour change.

Doesn’t upset me in the least. That’s just your take on it. I do find it equally weird how grown men can stop going to games because of a colour change.
    Doesn't upset you in the least? Could have fooled me. The tone of your posts on the subject strongly suggest otherwise.

As for grown men stopping going to games because of a colour change, I can't speak for anyone else, but for me it was about a whole lot more than that.

Doesn't upset you in the least? Could have fooled me. The tone of your posts on the subject strongly suggest otherwise.

As for grown men stopping going to games because of a colour change, I can't speak for anyone else, but for me it was about a whole lot more than that.
    What was your opinion on the way Hammam ran the club, compared to Tan?

What was your opinion on the way Hammam ran the club, compared to Tan?
    Hammam's reign was a psychotic, psychedelic and psychopathic psychodrama.

Tan's reign isn't over, so a comparison isn't possible.

Hammam's reign was a psychotic, psychedelic and psychopathic psychodrama.

Tan's reign isn't over, so a comparison isn't possible.
    How about a comparison on what you’ve seen so far. What were the other reasons, apart from the colour change that stopped you going?
    I’m genuinely interested.

How about a comparison on what you’ve seen so far. What were the other reasons, apart from the colour change that stopped you going? I’m genuinely interested.
    http://thelonegunmanblog.blogspot.co...lour_1920.html