+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: All decisions are made by Tan

Re: All decisions are made by Tan

I don't think he selected the shit over priced drinks and food they sell

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I believe we are in safe hands so i just worry and moan about on the field problems..
    Come on Stockholm, let's be honest here - you mostly moan about people who use another message board.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Hear hear! After all, Vincent Tan is the only person in the world who is wealthy enough to back a Championship football club. Except for all of the other equally wealthy people. Or the people who are more wealthy than him. Or people who have less material wealth but are better at running football clubs.
    He has more loyalty to the City than a lot of folk living in Cardiff .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I don't think he selected the shit over priced drinks and food they sell
    Deal was agreed with a catering company by the club and overseen by Tan or the people Tan employed so yes, directly or indirectly it was Tan.

Come on Stockholm, let's be honest here - you mostly moan about people who use another message board.
    Oh yes if hypocritical..
    I was going to post my agreement on your post above but now you can sod of Sugar.
    Love Stockholm

He has more loyalty to the City than a lot of folk living in Cardiff .
    He's a hero in my book. I wonder if he's had his season ticket card yet?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Deal was agreed with a catering company by the club and overseen by Tan or the people Tan employed so yes, directly or indirectly it was Tan.
    Did you ever speak out against the dealings of other owners or did you lose your voice?

Stockholm..

He's showed more loyalty to Cardiff City than you have.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    He's showed more loyalty to Cardiff City than you have.
    I was fiercely loyal to the Bluebirds from 1974 until 2012 (Uncle Vinnie had no idea who Cardiff City were for most of that period). However, once he'd started throwing his weight around and attempted to turn the club into a fake Man Utd, I came to realise how daft I'd been.

I was fiercely loyal to the Bluebirds from 1974 until 2012 (Uncle Vinnie had no idea who Cardiff City were for most of that period). However, once he'd started throwing his weight around and attempted to turn the club into a fake Man Utd, I came to realise how daft I'd been.

That's surely water under the bridge now? He hasn't a clue how to run the club but he's kept us safe and we are back in blue..

Well one way would be to ask Dalman and Choo more probing questions when they have a fan engagement. That should filter back to Tan.

One off the cuff would be to Dalman 'You suggested that you wanted the club to go in the direction of playing more entertaining football. Do you think Neil Harris provided that and is this still the intention with Mick McCarthy?'.

Sitting here and happy clapping will see us getting what we have always got. Some people seem more than happy with it though. Some even label our desperate position a rebuild.
    Write to him then and ask the question.

Well one way would be to ask Dalman and Choo more probing questions when they have a fan engagement. That should filter back to Tan.

One off the cuff would be to Dalman 'You suggested that you wanted the club to go in the direction of playing more entertaining football. Do you think Neil Harris provided that and is this still the intention with Mick McCarthy?'.

Sitting here and happy clapping will see us getting what we have always got. Some people seem more than happy with it though. Some even label our desperate position a rebuild.
    Do you think you'd get sensible or meaningful answers? People at the club are scared of saying anything in case it upsets the next level up, including Choo and Dalman.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Do you think you'd get sensible or meaningful answers? People at the club are scared of saying anything in case it upsets the next level up, including Choo and Dalman.
    Sounds like every business I've ever worked in

Are you honestly saying our owner does not decide who he employs or choose who makes decisions at the club if he does not make them himself?
    What I am saying is how the hell do you know Honestly what decisions Tan does and does not take. The fact is you don’t know, neither do I nor does Abraham and his sidekicks.

Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    What I am saying is how the hell do you know Honestly what decisions Tan does and does not take. The fact is you don’t know, neither do I nor does Abraham and his sidekicks.
    I'm not sure why you're lumping me in with that lot but you're wide of the mark.

I'm not in the know but what the man in charge says normally happens. Or let's put it another way, if he wanted to change virtually any aspect of the club then he could.

I'd give a freedom the City to Vincent Tan unlike many foreign owners he has added value and joy to a lot of people's lives in and around Cardiff from youngsters through to the elderly , many local charities and poor children who have life defining health issues have also been beneficiaries of the clubs mission and success. On many occasions we have won family club of the year , the money spent on our development squads are bearing fruit and the City's training facilities at the Vale are wonderful.

Promotions, some good players have come and gone

All of the above are down to Vincent Tan the best owner we have ever had .

Again (added more value) than some born and bred in this City of ours.

I'd give a freedom the City to Vincent Tan unlike many foreign owners he has added value and joy to a lot of people's lives in and around Cardiff from youngsters through to the elderly , many local charities and poor children who have life defining health issues have also been beneficiaries of the clubs mission and success.
    Maybe a higher accolade is in order? Can a Malaysian be knighted? If so, Her Majesty should be seriously considering it.

The joy Vincent has given to the people of South Wales is incomparable. The sense of excitement throughout the area at the prospect of more mid-table Championship football under Mick McCarthy is palpable, especially given the team’s swashbuckling style.

Everyone is benefitting from this magnificent mission. Especially the poor and sick children.

Maybe a higher accolade is in order? Can a Malaysian be knighted? If so, Her Majesty should be seriously considering it.

The joy Vincent has given to the people of South Wales is incomparable. The sense of excitement throughout the area at the prospect of more mid-table Championship football under Mick McCarthy is palpable, especially given the team’s swashbuckling style.

Everyone is benefitting from this magnificent mission. Especially the poor and sick children.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nst...wealth-charity

he doesn't seem a bad guy to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    he doesn't seem a bad guy to be honest
    Practically a saint. Of course, he could give half of his wealth to charity while he’s still alive, but that’s besides the point. He’ll do it when he’s dead. Allegedly.

For me there is little difference.

If you had your investment in an enterprise and picked your own people to run it then you would be at fault if your people failed would you not?

You talk of all the success we have had. Where has that success led us? On a shoe string in the Championship and forced to play kids is all I can see.
    People have been clamouring for the manager to play players from the academy and now it has happened you say the manager is forced to play kids as it saves the club money.

Success has led us to the Premier League on two occasions under Tan and our chances of staying there were pretty remote even though we gave it a good shot. We simply cannot compete with other clubs financially. Perhaps you would like another owner. Good luck with that as Derby (about to go into Administration) have just found out.

You really couldn't make it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    People have been clamouring for the manager to play players from the academy and now it has happened you say the manager is forced to play kids as it saves the club money.

Success has led us to the Premier League on two occasions under Tan and our chances of staying there were pretty remote even though we gave it a good shot. We simply cannot compete with other clubs financially. Perhaps you would like another owner. Good luck with that as Derby (about to go into Administration) have just found out.

I reckon that we could've been a Watford, Brighton, Burnley, Leicester, Norwich, Crystal Palace, Brentford etc If Tan had recruited the correct people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I reckon that we could've been a Watford, Brighton, Burnley, Leicester, Norwich, Crystal Palace, Brentford etc If Tan had recruited the correct people.
    Steady on. The height of any sensible fan’s ambitions is to be Not Derby.

Almost every aspect of the club is overseen by Tan or employees that have been put in place by Tan.

He has been in place over a decade and has picked the following managers to take this club forward - Malky, Ole, Slade, Trollope, Warnock, Harris, McCarthy.

Whether you agree with them or not he picked them.
    For me it is rich to pick a man and then be unhappy with spending and signings that you have signed off.

Tan picks the board, the manager, the people in charge of the academy, the tea lady if he chooses. He oversees everything and can change what he likes when he likes, even the kit.
    If the board he picks have picked the wrong manager then that is on him. If they release funds for a signing for a manager that they have picked then sorry that again is the fault of the owner.

We can argue the toss about the latest manager who has been installed to be shot at all we like but unless Tan changes his thinking on the way the rest of the club works then he will continue to make the same errors again and again. Just changing one man over and over will see very little change long term.

You can't bask in the glory of the right decisions you make and then put on the naive act when things go wrong. You either have that footballing knowledge or admit you do not and employ somebody that does.

For me, as a club we are going around in circles. Let's say we made the play offs and miraculously got promoted this season, does anybody here think the people in charge here above the manager would have any clue how to keep us up?

Cardiff City at the moment is like groundhog day.
    Pick a manager, give him money/or not based on a manager stinging you previously (a manager you picked and signings you agreed to). Hope for success and if it doesn't work sack him and change the manager while keeping almost everything else constant.

Tan dictates almost all aspects of the club and it is Tan who should be held accountable. Slating the latest manager in charge isn't going to change anything because the decision makers here aren't doing anything differently and won't be doing any time soon it seems.
    So the buck stops at the top! Who knew

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post

I said before the season started if we use kids it'll be because our hand has been forced financially, rather than a genuine desire to start playing the kids.

I'm happy it's happened. But I won't fool myself why.

As soon as i read this post, i knew TLG would be all over it like a rash.
    The perfect thread for another outpouring of bitterness. Let it go fella. You’ll get ulcers.