+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Covid vaccine and test passes to be introduced in Wales

Re: Covid vaccine and test passes to be introduced in Wales

I've been on the nhs site and got the covid pass, but it is only valid in bleeding England.
    From what I can see, as yet you cannot get a digital one that is valid in Wales.🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    This is what I don't get. If the vaccines don't stop people getting covid and transmitting covid but they are effective at stopping serious illness what is the need for vaccine passports? In other words those who are vaccinated are protected from serious illness so what difference does it make to them lf they come into contact with someone who is vaccinated or not vaccinated?
    It's quite simple a vaccinated person is less likely to catch covid (efficacy 68% AZ, 82% Pfizer).

This makes a room (or stadium in this case) full of vaccinated people a safer space than a room of unvaccinated people. All people are less likely to have covid and less likely to catch it.

If it helps builds up defences ahead of winter then it can only be a good thing.

They've implemented it in a way that those unvaccinated can still be a part of society if they are willing to prove they have a negative test result.

Regarding working from home I think it's here to stay for many roles with some face to face time to bring on new employees regardless of Welsh Government's advice.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    I've been on the nhs site and got the covid pass, but it is only valid in bleeding England.
    From what I can see, as yet you cannot get a digital one that is valid in Wales.��
    Yes you can, of course you can

https://gov.wales/nhs-covid-pass-pro...#section-73757

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    From what I can see, as yet you cannot get a digital one that is valid in Wales.🙄
    You can its a ball ache though

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    You can its a ball ache though
    Just completed it took 10 minutes.

Before you start you need a photo ID ie passport .

Your Nat Health Nos its on your vaccine paperwork .

E mail address and mobile phone number for just in time verification purposes.

It will ask you to take a clear photo of passport .

You also will be asked to do a video of you speaking 4 numbers .

https://gov.wales/nhs-covid-pass-prove-your-vaccination-status#section-73757

Both of the above are uploaded via the link .

Do it in a quiet moment.

Good luck .

I’ve had to have one for 2 events now. The first time was difficult to get your head around but once done, fairly easy to repeat. They last between a few days and a few weeks.

Of course, CCFC will be quick to implement this in a most efficient way so we don't get queues of people trying to get in the ground 5 mins before kick-off.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Of course, CCFC will be quick to implement this in a most efficient way so we don't get queues of people trying to get in the ground 5 mins before kick-off.
    Yes they should be able to add it to season tickets profile , bet the don't, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    It's quite simple a vaccinated person is less likely to catch covid (efficacy 68% AZ, 82% Pfizer).

This makes a room (or stadium in this case) full of vaccinated people a safer space than a room of unvaccinated people. All people are less likely to have covid and less likely to catch it.
    But it doesn't stop them from catching covid nor transmitting it so your still not safe.

Absolutely moronic idea. Just the WAG trying to make it look like they are trying to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    My mate across the road has been double jabbed but he’s off work with Covid
    He wasn’t feeling well on Monday and they did a lateral flow test in his works which was positive
    He then booked into the drive through at the City
    That was positive
    Says he’s got no taste and coughing all day and night
    Generally feels like shite
    Now his Mrs has got it and all the kids
    How many double jabbed people will be carrying Covid into the ground next month??
    Sort of makes a nonsense of the whole passport thing 🥺
    He could be dead without that vaccine

Do it in a quiet moment.

Good luck .
    Did all that and got an email asking me to retake a photo of my passport.
    Also got pinged on the app this afternoon. The only place I could have been a close contact to someone was at uhw🙄

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    The Pass says "only valid in England". For those of us east of Offa's. Take the N out of NHS. I'll try getting a Welsh version so I can go West.
    Last edited by IanD; 17-09-21 at 19:18. Reason: Incorrect

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    This is the thing. We are trying to convince people who for one reason or other don't want the vaccine, by saying that Covid is spreading and even if you go to a place full of vaccinated people you are still in danger.

I 100% support the vaccine, I'm just not convinced this will get that many more to take it and I rather suspect it may fuel more suspicion about it all
    It worked in France. Vaccine take up went up dramatically when this was introduced and that is in a country a great deal more vaccine hesitant than here.

Do it in a quiet moment.

Good luck .
    I have one on my phone. It literally took two minutes to download and set up. All I had to do was enter my phone number and DOB. The app found my vaccination records and that was that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    But it doesn't stop them from catching covid nor transmitting it so your still not safe.
    It's not 100% but it makes it much less likely as I said above. The "it doesn't stop you" argument is very over simplified.

I know I’ll get criticised for this but there seems to be a lot more focus on Covid in the UK than here in Europe. I’ve travelled freely in 6 countries in the last 2 months. Of course people are still wary & there are restrictions in place here & there but there doesn’t seem to be the paranoia that exists in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I know I’ll get criticised for this but there seems to be a lot more focus on Covid in the UK than here in Europe. I’ve travelled freely in 6 countries in the last 2 months. Of course people are still wary & there are restrictions in place here & there but there doesn’t seem to be the paranoia that exists in the UK
    Just returned from Spain .
    Travelling is a total ball ache at the moment . Jabs, proof of jabs, proof of jabs that were in qr format are now in a letter that is a waste of space coming back into uk. travel locators .Spains own locator.
    We had to take the holiday or lose it , I won't be rushing out of the country for a while.
    Hour and half wait at airport as people were providing the appropriate documents.
    I dont know how they managed it but people were being turned away at the boarding gate . Wrong docs.

this is ridiculous how the hell are older people going to do thisand do it every month as it only lasts for 30 days

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    this is ridiculous how the hell are older people going to do thisand do it every month as it only lasts for 30 days
    and there is no mention of wales or scotland on it

Vaccine uptake is actually really good in the UK, we are never going to get 100% and there will always be a few who will never get it for different reasons, but at the end of the day we do not need 100% vaccinated.

I do not see why there is an obsession to bully the minority to get one, just carry on offering it to those who want it and just focus on the boosters now for those who want them.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    The Pass says "only valid in England". For those of us east of Offa's. Take the N out of NHS. I'll try getting a Welsh version so I can go West.
    Problem sorted. Log in via NHS app and "only valid in England" comes up on mine. Log in to NHS online and there is no mention of where the QR code is valid for. Valid for 30 days so that will do for Jacks away.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Just returned from Spain .
    Travelling is a total ball ache at the moment . Jabs, proof of jabs, proof of jabs that were in qr format are now in a letter that is a waste of space coming back into uk. travel locators .Spains own locator.
    We had to take the holiday or lose it , I won't be rushing out of the country for a while.
    Hour and half wait at airport as people were providing the appropriate documents.
    I dont know how they managed it but people were being turned away at the boarding gate . Wrong docs.
    No checks within most of EU, I did have to fill in a locator form & show vaccine passport in Czech a couple of weeks back plus the Declaration in France but zip in Belgium, Holland, Germany, Poland. Looking at the horrendously high figures in UK I’m surprised that EU countries are not closing their borders again.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    No checks within most of EU, I did have to fill in a locator form & show vaccine passport in Czech a couple of weeks back plus the Declaration in France but zip in Belgium, Holland, Germany, Poland. Looking at the horrendously high figures in UK I’m surprised that EU countries are not closing their borders again.
    Christ Des you rack up some miles