+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 AFC BOURNEMOUTH. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 AFC BOURNEMOUTH. Match thread

Mick says he’s pleased the lads kept going and battling to the end, bit like a stuck record every week

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Just got back and can honestly say that if Bournmouth are supposed to be one of the best in The Championship then the English League is more broken than I thought. They were nothing special but we were devoid of anything consistently creative.

A few things. Morrison made two long ball passes across the park which were pinpoint accurate and trapped perfectly in the first half. But nothing was done with them. So he can do it.

Moore ran into space on the left on several occasions only for one of midfielders to pass it directly forward to a Bournmouth player.

Colwill can play football and wants to but needs players around him who can play a one two.

Moore looks like he's lost his entire life savings on what was supposed to be a safe bet.

This is so far from development its laughable.

No player should be picked out as worse than the other because as a team we are....well not one.

It was a warm and sunny afternoon so I wore my shorts and the rather fetching pink away top which looked rather dapper.
    Nah, that's being far too nice to Will Vaulks who was absolutely f*cking shocking. Constantly the wrong side of the man, allowed Billing to drift off him all game, no pace, no skill. Shit. I note WalesOnline gave him a 4, f*ck knows what he'd have to have done to get lower than that

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Mick says he’s pleased the lads kept going and battling to the end, bit like a stuck record every week
    I'd rather they just create something, anything.

Citizens nephew above mentioned Bournemouth didn't look good, that may well be but compared to us I thought they were a good division better. We were like the plucky lower league club in the cup.

Matched our physicality and caused us many problems defensively.

A few thoughts from today,
    I have no idea what formation we actually play. What were the roles of Harris and Bacuna meant to be??
    With the exception of Harris we have zero pace in our team - had Bourmouth not pissed about with it at the back and attacked us with pace it could have been embarrassing.
    Colwilll appeared to be the only player comfortable on the ball.
    The players looked unsure what each others jobs were at times and looked short on confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    He must be losing touch with reality. We have lost 3 out of our last 5 games. That is the worst in the championship outside of the bottom three.

We were clueless, they were nothing special, which speaks volumes of our performance

Re: CARDIFF CITY v AFC BOURNEMOUTH. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I actually though the atmosphere/crowd was pretty good today. considering we had barely nothing to get excited about.
    Really? I thought it was dead pretty much straight from kick-off. All the chanting was half-hearted and there was barely any reaction to going behind.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Nah, that's being far too nice to Will Vaulks who was absolutely f*cking shocking. Constantly the wrong side of the man, allowed Billing to drift off him all game, no pace, no skill. Shit. I note WalesOnline gave him a 4, f*ck knows what he'd have to have done to get lower than that
    I'm not one of the Will Vaulks haters but he was truly shocking today. No skill, no awareness, slow and absolutely powder-puff which is embarrassing. Pack consistently out sprinted him running back. 😭

It's quite telling that the post-match thread this week is only 3 pages long. Normally would be around 6 or 7 by this time. I guess there are only so many ways anyone can say how poor the current City squad is.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I'd rather they just create something, anything.

Citizens nephew above mentioned Bournemouth didn't look good, that may well be but compared to us I thought they were a good division better. We were like the plucky lower league club in the cup.

Matched our physicality and caused us many problems defensively.
    I hate to sound pedantic but I said they were nothing special and really think Championship football is pretty dire compared to the next tier up and is looking more and more like L1 football which is looking more and more like L2. The best football I've seen this season was Coventry against us on Wednesday. I'm really referring to the league in general. We happen to be awful and 0-1 was flattering - Bournemouth, if they went up and didn't finish like they didn't today, would be slaughtered.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    It's quite telling that the post-match thread this week is only 3 pages long. Normally would be around 6 or 7 by this time. I guess there are only so many ways anyone can say how poor the current City squad is.
    People accept the shit football when we are winning*

We aren't winning and are looking worse game by game.

*not all people but but the special hoof branch on ccmb seem to embrace it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    This is exactly what I was just thinking. It's getting depressing. They say "it's the hope that kills you", I respectfully disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    I'm not one of the Will Vaulks haters but he was truly shocking today. No skill, no awareness, slow and absolutely powder-puff which is embarrassing. Pack consistently out sprinted him running back. 😭
    I'm not going to defend him, he was rubbish. We were rubbish. They were all rubbish. I take exception to any reference to sprinting or pace in general when referring to us though!

The elephant in the room though is Moore's lack of, ahem....fastness.

Would have been 0-0 if the keeper hadn't misjudged the ball , he thought it was gong wide 🤔

Yes we were poor but they didn't show much to worry team's.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Just got back and can honestly say that if Bournmouth are supposed to be one of the best in The Championship then the English League is more broken than I thought. They were nothing special but we were devoid of anything consistently creative.

A few things. Morrison made two long ball passes across the park which were pinpoint accurate and trapped perfectly in the first half. But nothing was done with them. So he can do it.

Moore ran into space on the left on several occasions only for one of midfielders to pass it directly forward to a Bournmouth player.

Colwill can play football and wants to but needs players around him who can play a one two.

Moore looks like he's lost his entire life savings on what was supposed to be a safe bet.

This is so far from development its laughable.

No player should be picked out as worse than the other because as a team we are....well not one.

It was a warm and sunny afternoon so I wore my shorts and the rather fetching pink away top which looked rather dapper.
    Bet you looked lovely 😍

Lovely sunny sunny day , pre match ales and laugh was Premiership standard, feck the football.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    . You're right. I was being far too nice. I do think scores are meaningless though, I'd have given him a 2.7.....see what I mean?!

Mick moaning abiut the travel.

It was bloody Coventry 2 hours away ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Bet you looked lovely ��

Lovely sunny sunny day , pre match ales and laugh was Premiership standard, feck the football.
    Yup. It's gone. Like all the other matches. I'm just going to look forward to the next one. Met up with a load of people I hadn't seen since lockdown and that's more important to me!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Would have been 0-0 if the keeper hadn't misjudged the ball , he thought it was gong wide 🤔

Yes we were poor but they didn't show much to worry team's.
    Only seen the goal once but I thought it was a top finish, Phillips maybe started going the wrong way?
    Terrible watching us the last 2 home games and Coventry away. Very little pace, and very little quality delivered in to the box aside from a few crosses. NG was best of a bad bunch…then we drop him!

There are all sorts of deficiencies with the squad, but only having Joel Bagan and Ciaron Brown as options at left-wing-back is standing out as a pretty big problem at the moment. Bagan is a promising player despite a few struggles this season, but he can't play every game, and Brown is just a hoofballer. I thought we were going to play Giles in that position when we signed him.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    There are all sorts of deficiencies with the squad, but only having Joel Bagan and Ciaron Brown as options at left-wing-back is standing out as a pretty big problem at the moment. Bagan is a promising player despite a few struggles this season, but he can't play every game, and Brown is just a hoofballer. I thought we were going to play Giles in that position when we signed him.
    I kept saying MM is to defensive to play Giles at wingback and kept being told I was wrong and it was just because he didn't have many options.
    Brown should never ever be played as a wingback, he holds no ability needed to play thay position.