+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DML, anybody, give me something

Re: DML, anybody, give me something

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    Four defeats in five, the season is over only a few weeks in!! Bring back Bellamy.
    Steady on. The guys got depression, if he had to work with our current squad of “footballers” it could tip him over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I saw us lose 5-1 at home on Boxing Day to maidenstone town once….that was a low point
    new years day 5-0

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I’m no fan of DML but the OP appears delighted we’ve lost just so he can bait him.
    Sat through 90 plus minutes of that yesterday and delighted was not one of the words I'd use to describe how I felt at full time.

I come across negative because the situation is negative. Pretending it is alright and everything is going to work out fine with this lot running the show is a more Jack act than actually seeing it for what it is and wanting change believe me.

Until Tan gives the chuckle brothers the boot and gets somebody in that knows what they're doing then I can't see that changing any time soon.

People can call me a Jack on here all they like. I don't come on for validation or to be praised for my posts.

They are my opinion and nothing more. For what it is worth I think that I'm closer to the mark than many on here are. Pretending it is all ok when it quite clearly isn't achieves nothing. Some would have been on the Titanic as it went down and celebrated the chance to have a swim.

I saw us lose 5-1 at home on Boxing Day to maidenstone town once….that was a low point
    It was New Year's Day, City lost 5-0 and the opposition was Maidstone United.

2/5, must try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

2/5, must try harder.

What year was it? Got to be 25/30 years ago so give me a break shirely? besides I can’t recall ever seeing us win on nyd, it’s not the best morning to get up and go to football is it?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    People can call me a Jack on here all they like. I don't come on for validation or to be praised for my posts.

They are my opinion and nothing more. For what it is worth I think that I'm closer to the mark than many on here are. Pretending it is all ok when it quite clearly isn't achieves nothing. Some would have been on the Titanic as it went down and celebrated the chance to have a swim.
    So if we stay up comfortably it will be time to admit your wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    He won’t be wrong, because it’s not just about the result. The style of play is not conducive to an enjoyable watch.

What year was it? Got to be 25/30 years ago so give me a break shirely? besides I can’t recall ever seeing us win on nyd, it’s not the best morning to get up and go to football is it?
    It was New Year's day 1992. I was in the grandstand. Our new signing who looked more like a farmer than a footballer got sent off before half time. The thing that stands out in my memory is that families could bring their children for free and after the 4th or 5th goal there was a mass exodus of parents and kids from the enclosure. They just stepped over the wall and walked down the touch line towards the corner of the grandstand and the Canton stand.

January 1st, 1992.

I went to plenty of away games on New Year's Day down the years. Indeed, the year before the Maidstone game I went all the way up to Darlington to see City get stuffed 4-1.

The reverse of that Maidstone game would be January 1st, 2000, when City battered Exeter 6-1 at Ninian Park. That was Hammam's first season at the club, when Earnie scored shedloads of goals, but oddly he didn't score in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    He won’t be wrong, because it’s not just about the result. The style of play is not conducive to an enjoyable watch.
    No he will be wrong. Hes making references to the Titanic.

If thats his reference hes looking at us heading into L1.

Mid table safety bringing through young players will be a relatively successful season.

2/5, must try harder.

I'm sure I saw us lose 5-1 at home to Preston on boxing day, one of the Jorn Schwinkendorf games

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    I'm sure I saw us lose 5-1 at home to Preston on boxing day, one of the Jorn Schwinkendorf games
    Close. That was January 3rd, 2000. It was 0-4, Kurt Nogan scored one of their goals.

I was wrong in the previous post - the 6-1 win over Exeter was 01/01/2001, not 01/01/2000.

It tells a story when a fan of a team that was in the Premier League in 2018/19 sees staying in the league below playing $hite football as success.

No, survival in this league will not be success in my opinion. Especially not while playing arguably the worst brand of football in this league. The fact you have even considered survival as some degree of success shows how far we have regressed.

We are not winning with direct football at the moment, we are not entertaining. Our squad is getting weaker, we are making very odd decisions and loaning out anybody with flair. We are playing kids out of necessity and some simply aren't up to it.

Is it a direct demand from those above managerial level to play kids? It wouldn't surprise me and would be another sign that the people running our club simply don't get football. You can't just make a decision to play kids and start playing them and hope they get up to that level. If it was that easy every club would be doing it. You get an academy in place that produces players that kick the door down because they are such bright prospects that it makes it impossible not to pick them. We're a world away from that now.

Mick would have a job on here if he had funds to buy the players he wants. Doing it on a shoestring is not going to happen. He is very direct and if he let's the players whose contracts run out at the end of the season go then I can only see him bringing in players that fit that system sadly.

If they want to see less people through the turnstiles and turn the casual fans away from the club then they are going the right way about it.

It tells a story when a fan of a team that was in the Premier League in 2018/19 sees staying in the league below playing $hite football as success.

No, survival in this league will not be success in my opinion. Especially not while playing arguably the worst brand of football in this league. The fact you have even considered survival as some degree of success shows how far we have regressed.

We are not winning with direct football at the moment, we are not entertaining. Our squad is getting weaker, we are making very odd decisions and loaning out anybody with flair. We are playing kids out of necessity and some simply aren't up to it.

Is it a direct demand from those above managerial level to play kids? It wouldn't surprise me and would be another sign that the people running our club simply don't get football. You can't just make a decision to play kids and start playing them and hope they get up to that level. If it was that easy every club would be doing it. You get an academy in place that produces players that kick the door down because they are such bright prospects that it makes it impossible not to pick them. We're a world away from that now.

Mick would have a job on here if he had funds to buy the players he wants. Doing it on a shoestring is not going to happen. He is very direct and if he let's the players whose contracts run out at the end of the season go then I can only see him bringing in players that fit that system sadly.

If they want to see less people through the turnstiles and turn the casual fans away from the club then they are going the right way about it.
    Your backtracking. Those not agreeing with youve accused of going for a swim when the Titanic sinks. So are we getting relegated or not.?

Id say if we finish mid table with Bagan Colwill Bowen Harris maybe even Kieran Evans and Isaak Davies then its fair to say most will have proved they are up to this level. I dont think it will be because the likes of Flint Vaulks and co have carried them.

We are skint. No parachute payments .Its survival mode at the moment.

I agree the football is dire. I didnt want Mick McCarthy but thats where we are. Im pretty certain he can keep us out of a relegation fight. Im happy to play to our strengths but the aimless hoofing it and head tennis needs to be cut out.

Close. That was January 3rd, 2000. It was 0-4, Kurt Nogan scored one of their goals.

I was wrong in the previous post - the 6-1 win over Exeter was 01/01/2001, not 01/01/2000.
    I was at that Preston game too…no goals Nogan the nob of llanederyn managed to score even

Is that win over Exeter the only ever win on nyd? Typically I was 1000’s of miles away in Sumatra that NYD

Is that win over Exeter the only ever win on nyd? Typically I was 1000’s of miles away in Sumatra that NYD
    I went back as far as 1990:

01/01/1994 - Cardiff 3 Reading 0
    01/01/2001 - Cardiff 6 Exeter 1
    01/01/2005 - Derby 0 Cardiff 1
    01/01/2008 - Cardiff 1 Plymouth 0
    01/01/2013 - Birmingham 0 Cardiff Redbirds 1

There were lots of years when City didn't play on New Year's Day. Some thumping defeats on that date too though.

Your backtracking. Those not agreeing with youve accused of going for a swim when the Titanic sinks. So are we getting relegated or not.?

Id say if we finish mid table with Bagan Colwill Bowen Harris maybe even Kieran Evans and Isaak Davies then its fair to say most will have proved they are up to this level. I dont think it will be because the likes of Flint Vaulks and co have carried them.

We are skint. No parachute payments .Its survival mode at the moment.

I agree the football is dire. I didnt want Mick McCarthy but thats where we are. Im pretty certain he can keep us out of a relegation fight. Im happy to play to our strengths but the aimless hoofing it and head tennis needs to be cut out.
    Nobody is backtracking. If anything it is the board and Mick sympathisers that are backtracking. Avoiding relegation being a success? Really?
    As for no parachute payments, virtually the same as the rest of the league then. If we're being honest we've wasted a lot of the money we made from the PL seasons and the parachute payments. All under the watchful eyes of our transfer committee.

I don't think we're going to get relegated though.
    Is it a possibility? It wouldn't surprise me if we were dragged into trouble if we don't improve and quickly.

You are happy to play to our strengths but want to stop the hoofing and head tennis? Some might argue that is our style and lumping or throwing the ball in the general direction of our giants is our one and only plan.

I have looked at virtually every game this season and it has been a simple case of can the other team cope with our direct style? If they can then the other team usually get the better of us or take something from the game. Sadly for us more and more teams are working us out too. Not hard when we play one way and never move from that.

Nobody is backtracking. If anything it is the board and Mick sympathisers that are backtracking. Avoiding relegation being a success? Really?
    As for no parachute payments, virtually the same as the rest of the league then. If we're being honest we've wasted a lot of the money we made from the PL seasons and the parachute payments. All under the watchful eyes of our transfer committee.

I don't think we're going to get relegated though.
    Is it a possibility? It wouldn't surprise me if we were dragged into trouble if we don't improve and quickly.

You are happy to play to our strengths but want to stop the hoofing and head tennis? Some might argue that is our style and lumping or throwing the ball in the general direction of our giants is our one and only plan.

I have looked at virtually every game this season and it has been a simple case of can the other team cope with our direct style? If they can then the other team usually get the better of us or take something from the game. Sadly for us more and more teams are working us out too. Not hard when we play one way and never move from that.
    Ok so we arent sinking like the titanic.

Now who are the young players who are " simply not up to it"

Harris and Colwill both deemed good enough to have been made full internationals?

Bagan who had the choice of Ireland or Scotland.?

Bowen or Evans. ? No idea if they are good enough myself but I havent seen enough to form any sort of opinion.

I'm not sure how being internationals makes anyone good enough or having the choice of countries..

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I'm not sure how being internationals makes anyone good enough or having the choice of countries..
    No but the coaches there clearly rate them. I also think those 3 will have decent careers at Championship level at least.

I may be wrong but weve wanted young players given an opportunity for years. Weve been in financial shit for the way weve dished out large amounts and big contracts for players.

Now things are tough and we have youngsters who have even managed to impress international coaches being deemed as simply not good enough.

No but the coaches there clearly rate them. I also think those 3 will have decent careers at Championship level at least.

I may be wrong but weve wanted young players given an opportunity for years. Weve been in financial shit for the way weve dished out large amounts and big contracts for players.

Now things are tough and we have youngsters who have even managed to impress international coaches being deemed as simply not good enough.
    I think they all have a decent chance, I just didn't see how them being internationals mattered that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I think they all have a decent chance, I just didn't see how them being internationals mattered that's all.
    Well to be fair I wouldnt want Joe Morrell or that centre back Lawrence so its a fair point.