+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DML, anybody, give me something

Re: DML, anybody, give me something

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Ok so we arent sinking like the titanic.

Now who are the young players who are " simply not up to it"

Harris and Colwill both deemed good enough to have been made full internationals?

Bagan who had the choice of Ireland or Scotland.?

Bowen or Evans. ? No idea if they are good enough myself but I havent seen enough to form any sort of opinion.
    Nobody said we're sinking like the Titanic.
    I said some people on here would be sat on it as it sank and welcome the opportunity of a swim.
    It was an observation of their ability to drag any little positive from every crap decision that City make as a club.

I've never once said City will be relegated. You've got your wires crossed here.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Nobody said we're sinking like the Titanic.
    I said some people on here would be sat on it as it sank and welcome the opportunity of a swim.
    It was an observation of their ability to drag any little positive from every crap decision that City make as a club.

I've never once said City will be relegated. You've got your wires crossed here.
    Fair enough. So who are the simply not up to it young players?

Fair enough. So who are the simply not up to it young players?
    I think a few of them aren't great and wouldn't be playing if we had more money. Again my opinion and some might think they'd be coming through regardless. Opinions differ, it happens.

I like the look of Colwill but he has plenty to work on and have liked a bit of what I have seen of Bowen. I'm not sure Bowen should be seeing game time over the likes of Wintle but I think he has something. The jury is still out on a few of the others and despite it being popular belief on here games do not suddenly bring them up to standard. For some of those players it simply exposes them as not being up to this level.

They might well prove me wrong and all come good. It is never a good idea to throw kids in because you have to though. Kids should come in because they are ready, not because we are threadbare in terms of depth in that position.
    Good luck to them though and I hope they come good for everybody's benefit.

Do I think we have been producing top level kids all along and despite being good enough for the first team we've overlooked them time and again? Not really.
    Do I think we've overhauled our academy so much in the past season or two that we're suddenly producing kids good enough for the first team after many years of producing absolutely zilch? No.

Nobody is backtracking. If anything it is the board and Mick sympathisers that are backtracking. Avoiding relegation being a success? Really?
    As for no parachute payments, virtually the same as the rest of the league then. If we're being honest we've wasted a lot of the money we made from the PL seasons and the parachute payments. All under the watchful eyes of our transfer committee.

I don't think we're going to get relegated though.
    Is it a possibility? It wouldn't surprise me if we were dragged into trouble if we don't improve and quickly.

You are happy to play to our strengths but want to stop the hoofing and head tennis? Some might argue that is our style and lumping or throwing the ball in the general direction of our giants is our one and only plan.

I have looked at virtually every game this season and it has been a simple case of can the other team cope with our direct style? If they can then the other team usually get the better of us or take something from the game. Sadly for us more and more teams are working us out too. Not hard when we play one way and never move from that.
    So, maybe I'll be the first to say it... I like what you post!
    I find myself in agreement with a lot of what you say.
    Don't let the detractors stop you from posting what you feel (and I feel, for that matter!).

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I was at that Preston game too…no goals Nogan the nob of llanederyn managed to score even
    My aunty use to work with his mum in JR Freeman's cigar factory.

I was on the Grange End for that game in the time when it didn't have a roof and it absolutely p*ssed it down. One of the many occasions over the years I've questioned my sanity (yesterday included)

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    So, maybe I'll be the first to say it... I like what you post!
    I find myself in agreement with a lot of what you say.
    Don't let the detractors stop you from posting what you feel (and I feel, for that matter!).
    I won't. The day I start tailoring my opinions to point score with a lot of people I'll never meet on here it will be a sad day.

A lot don't agree with me. I don't agree with many of the glass always half full brigade but it is what it is.

If people believe with a few tweaks that an academy that produced absolutely nothing for years and years suddenly starts producing Championship standard players and all they need is game time then more fool them.

Playing Devil's Advocate here let's say the players are up to Championship standard as many here believe.

What changes do you think the academy have made to go from producing no youngsters to the required standard for years to getting a lot into the team in one season?

Okay, some positives.
    I fully expected us to get a hiding yesterday, and we didn't. So that's a plus. Okay, being pleased because we 'only' lost 1-0 isn't the best positive, but I'll go further - the game could have ended 1-1 just as easily. Then we'd all be saying a draw against one of the top sides was a great result.
    If they are a 'top side', then they struggled to impose themselves enough that they could score more than one. So either they're not a top side, or we're better than we think.
    Player positives ? Playing Moore and Collins looked to be a good idea, and though Bagan is always prone to errors, he laid on more crosses in five minutes than Brown did in an entire half. Vaulks looked knackered.
    Yes, it was poor football, and yes, it was dire to watch. But we didn't get a drubbing, and we were still in it right up to the final whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Okay, some positives.
    I fully expected us to get a hiding yesterday, and we didn't. So that's a plus. Okay, being pleased because we 'only' lost 1-0 isn't the best positive, but I'll go further - the game could have ended 1-1 just as easily. Then we'd all be saying a draw against one of the top sides was a great result.
    If they are a 'top side', then they struggled to impose themselves enough that they could score more than one. So either they're not a top side, or we're better than we think.
    Player positives ? Playing Moore and Collins looked to be a good idea, and though Bagan is always prone to errors, he laid on more crosses in five minutes than Brown did in an entire half. Vaulks looked knackered.
    Yes, it was poor football, and yes, it was dire to watch. But we didn't get a drubbing, and we were still in it right up to the final whistle.
    While I can see what you're trying to say here it was more Bournemouth missing a host of chances that meant we were only one goal adrift.

On another day it could have been 4 and should have been.

Interesting and informative information - in the 24 hours after we beat Forest the OP posted 8 times. In the last 24 hours, since we lost to Bournemouth, he has posted 26 times, every single one negative and critical, as usual. Says it all for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Interesting and informative information - in the 24 hours after we beat Forest the OP posted 8 times. In the last 24 hours, since we lost to Bournemouth, he has posted 26 times, every single one negative and critical, as usual. Says it all for me.
    Good to see you're still posting.

Been on holiday?

Enough about me.

What positives did you take out of yesterday?

Interesting and informative information - in the 24 hours after we beat Forest the OP posted 8 times. In the last 24 hours, since we lost to Bournemouth, he has posted 26 times, every single one negative and critical, as usual.
    Interesting and informative information: in the 24 hours after City beat Forest, dml1954 posted 8 times. In the 24 hours after City got beaten by Coventry, he posted 0 times.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Interesting and informative information: in the 24 hours after City beat Forest, dml1954 posted 8 times. In the 24 hours after City got beaten by Coventry, he posted 0 times.
    🤣

But you said I don't post after wins. Which is it?

At least we can prove this one, we're still waiting for the signed statement from your Sheffield relative on the Madine loan fee.

Touché!

oh no

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    oh no
    You appear to be becoming TLG’s lackey. You have obviously been brown nosing him far too long and it is adversely affecting your judgement. Associating with someone like that wont do your ‘street cred’ any good. Remember, he doesn't like our owner, apparently at least partly because he is from the far east and dresses differently.

You appear to be becoming TLG’s lackey. You have obviously been brown nosing him far too long and it is adversely affecting your judgement. Associating with someone like that wont do your ‘street cred’ any good. Remember, he doesn't like our owner, apparently at least partly because he is from the far east and dresses differently.
    Interesting observation, did you count how many times I've interacted with him or something? Honestly don't think I've spoken to him on here much so I'm wondering how you've come to that conclusion DML, perhaps your age is showing and it's impairing your memory

You will grasp at any straw you can won't you?

He doesn't like Tan because he is from the far East and dresses differently? Are you serious?

As for street cred, telling lies and disappearing when the team get beat does little for yours.

Mid table safety bringing through young players will be a relatively successful season.
    Not if it means we’re still play McHoofball.

Good to see you're still posting.

Been on holiday?
    Yorkshire, maybe?

Come on, even for you that is preposterous. Accusing of TLG of being racist, and before you say, "where did I say that", that is what you have insinuated.

January 1st, 1992.

I went to plenty of away games on New Year's Day down the years. Indeed, the year before the Maidstone game I went all the way up to Darlington to see City get stuffed 4-1.

The reverse of that Maidstone game would be January 1st, 2000, when City battered Exeter 6-1 at Ninian Park. That was Hammam's first season at the club, when Earnie scored shedloads of goals, but oddly he didn't score in that one.
    The second of Andy Jordan's 2 own goals! I think I'm right in saying that was the last time we had 6 different goalscorers.