+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Wintle

Ryan Wintle

“Ryan Wintle was mint again today, about 86th minute he went over to take the corner at our end. Oh my god I’ve never fallen in love with a player more. Proper belting smile he was absolutely gassed, laughing. HE LOVES IT. What a player”

I was talking him up during preseason. A midfielder that gives it his all AND can pass forward. Better than what we have. I lost all interest once we decided not to go in that direction this season. Awful decision to let him go without a run in the squad.

Re: Ryan Wintle

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    “Ryan Wintle was mint again today, about 86th minute he went over to take the corner at our end. Oh my god I’ve never fallen in love with a player more. Proper belting smile he was absolutely gassed, laughing. HE LOVES IT. What a player”

I was talking him up during preseason. A midfielder that gives it his all AND can pass forward. Better than what we have. I lost all interest once we decided not to go in that direction this season. Awful decision to let him go without a run in the squad.
    LOL

You lost all interest when we didn’t pick a player who has been with us a month.

Get a grip flouncey.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    LOL

You lost all interest when we didn’t pick a player who has been with us a month.

Get a grip flouncey.
    Nah I will never take advice from a twat like you. Thought I had you blocked on here.

We signed a player that was supposed to improve our midfield. One month later he’s improving a rival team’s midfield. I’m allowed to be pissed off about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Nah I will never take advice from a twat like you. Thought I had you blocked on here.

We signed a player that was supposed to improve our midfield. One month later he’s improving a rival team’s midfield. I’m allowed to be pissed off about that.
    You’re always pissed of about something or nothing. Hence your message board reputation for being a toy thrower and floncuer.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You’re always pissed of about something or nothing. Hence your message board reputation for being a toy thrower and floncuer.
    Haha. Don’t be a hypocrite.

seems like he's doing well there. there's always a danger that he'll be dropped in favour of one of their players and the whole exercise will be pointless. but from what we've seen so far he's coming along nicely at Blackpool, and will be ready to take over from pack next season when his contract runs out

He needs more games to develop apparently.

At 24 and after 160 plus professional football matches. All while some of our midfield players chase shadows and produce the square root of f@ck all week in, week out.
    It is a very Cardiff City decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    seems like he's doing well there. there's always a danger that he'll be dropped in favour of one of their players and the whole exercise will be pointless. but from what we've seen so far he's coming along nicely at Blackpool, and will be ready to take over from pack next season when his contract runs out
    Or maybe he was that player already, City couldn't see it and didn't think he was worth a place and loaned him out.

Do I think he's suddenly started turning in top class performances at Blackpool because he has had a little spell there and is developing? No. Mainly because he has been doing it since his first game.

Is he any worse or more of a gamble than a kid who had no professional games under their belt until this season? Of course he isn't but let's all listen to the clubs excuses even when they don't make sense.

Add it to the pile of unfathomable decisions at Carry On Cardiff City.

My understanding he had to be shipped out as he was embarrassing the squad , with his delicate Messi type skills in training ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    My understanding he had to be shipped out as he was embarrassing the squad , with his delicate Messi type skills in training ?
    I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't fancied purely because he played too much football. I genuinely wouldn't.

We all know Neil Warnock didn't like too many flair players in his lineups and I wouldn't put Mick at too far away in football style.

Apparently lots of clubs sign players and send them straight out on loan. That is absolute codswallop unless you're a Chelsea, PSG and the like but what some on here believe.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't fancied purely because he played too much football. I genuinely wouldn't.

We all know Neil Warnock didn't like too many flair players in his lineups and I wouldn't put Mick at too far away in football style.

Apparently lots of clubs sign players and send them straight out on loan. That is absolute codswallop unless you're a Chelsea, PSG and the like but what some on here believe.
    My bet is youve barely seen Ryan Wintle kick a football.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    He's had two very good games at Blackpool.

Our midfield are atrocious and I firmly believe Wintle can do no worse than a few of them. They have next to no influence on the game. I'm not sure what some of them do, let alone do well. I would struggle to describe many of their playing styles outside of he runs around a bit without getting near to the opposition, never beats a man while in possession, doesnt look comfortable on the ball, and gets rid of it as soon as possible. That could describe most of our central midfield, probably Pack aside. He is probably the most technically gifted of our midfielders but slower than Dai Hunt.

It also doesn't need a football genius to work out that a player who has 160 odd football league games under his belt needs less development and exposure than a player who has had a few seasons at Under 23 level. The City management know this too, it is just some on here fall for their ridiculous explanations for their actions time and again.

I suppose you've got an in depth dossier on Wintle and all of the gems we're bringing through from the Under 23s though.

If not then you know roughly the same as me then, despite how much you think you know.

Are you honestly telling me Wintle would have been as ineffective as Vaulks yesterday? Is his throw not long enough?

So youve watched 2 90 minute Blackpool games?

So youve watched 2 90 minute Blackpool games?
    No I haven't.

I sat there watching our midfield doing next to nothing yesterday though and have done several times this season.

Are you telling me Wintle would not be better than any of our central midfield?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    No I haven't.

I sat there watching our midfield doing next to nothing yesterday though and have done several times this season.

Are you telling me Wintle would not be better than any of our central midfield?
    Ah as I thought. Youve barely seen Wintle play.

Like you I have no idea if hes better than Vaulks as I know nothing about him as ive barely seen him.

Like you I have no idea if hes better than Vaulks as I know nothing about him as ive barely seen him.
    Whoscored have rated two of Wintle's three performances at 7.18 and 7.22.

Vaulks highest rating for a league game for us, 6.8.

He should be starting for us, no doubt in my mind. For no other reason than how ineffective our current midfield is.

People moan that we've got no money and then are fine with the money we do spend (in wages in this case) are spent on players that they have no intention of putting in the team. I realise that in this case Blackpool will be paying all or some of his wages while there but the signing players that we have no intention of playing point remains.

Oh, c'mon - he could hardly be any worse!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Oh, c'mon - he could hardly be any worse!
    I do wonder if Vaulks didn't play for Wales is performances would be more harshly judged , as to Wintle he really should have been given more of a chance as we have with Collins, as our midfield is woeful going forward .

Glad he's back with us :)

Wintle the ticking heart of the midfield - he gets on with the routine stuff without fuss, and full of endeavour.
    Makes the decision to loan him out seems absurd.

Good player, the Gunnarsson replacement we've needed for a long time

I know I'm banging on about him at this point but why aren't we finding a place for Sam Bowen? Bowen outshone Wintle when they played together in cup games and has shown more than King when he's played in the league

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

I know I'm banging on about him at this point but why aren't we finding a place for Sam Bowen? Bowen outshone Wintle when they played together in cup games and has shown more than King when he's played in the league
    Perhaps a point to make in one of the other 500 threads it's been brought up in and leave this one a celebration to Wintle

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

Totally agree, Bowen looked like a real prospect when he was in the team, hopefully we'll see him get some minutes soon. Last night seemed made for him rather than King but maybe he's still a way of being match fit

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Wintle the ticking heart of the midfield - he gets on with the routine stuff without fuss, and full of endeavour.
    Makes the decision to loan him out seems absurd.
    He came from a struggling league 1 side. It wouldn't be absurd to loan him out to another Championship side to get him up to the faster pace etc. of this league. Had his best game yesterday IMHO, and looks better each game.