+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Wintle

Re: Ryan Wintle

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Totally agree, Bowen looked like a real prospect when he was in the team, hopefully we'll see him get some minutes soon. Last night seemed made for him rather than King but maybe he's still a way of being match fit
    I hope it's just a question of fitness otherwise I can't see why Morison doesn't pick Bowen before the likes of Vaulks. I hope they haven't fallen out.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    He came from a struggling league 1 side. It wouldn't be absurd to loan him out to another Championship side to get him up to the faster pace etc. of this league. Had his best game yesterday IMHO, and looks better each game.
    That makes no sense whatsoever. Why loan him to a championship side when we were already a championship side. Absurd decision by an absurd manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I hope it's just a question of fitness otherwise I can't see why Morison doesn't pick Bowen before the likes of Vaulks. I hope they haven't fallen out.
    As Dembe says above its a thread about Wintle but to put it to bed as youre the second person on this thread today to mention Bowen I dont think we will be seeing him feature under Morison unless we have an absolute shedload of injuries.

I hope for the lads own career he gets a move in the summer and isnt made to rot in the under 23s for the final year of his contract. Should have been allowed to leave in January if the manager had no intention of using him.

Whilst Steve Morison is manager his Cardiff first team career would appear over before its began which is a shame, but such is life, some managers fancy you, some dont.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You’re always pissed of about something or nothing. Hence your message board reputation for being a toy thrower and floncuer.
    Oh the irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Vaulks played fine yesterday - what did he do wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Vaulks played fine yesterday - what did he do wrong?
    In my opinion he was ok, not fine. It's not what he did wrong it's that he hasn't the ability to be effective.

I'd rather a different option than Vaulks .

Wintle is very good , thought he had his best game Tuesday, love the way he gets about his business with no fuss , swift passing, he can go unnoticed as he does the simple things very well and quietly, bit like the mighty McPhail.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Wintle is very good , thought he had his best game Tuesday, love the way he gets about his business with no fuss , swift passing, he can go unnoticed as he does the simple things very well and quietly, bit like the mighty McPhail.
    Hes good at what he does but hes no Mcphail. Mcphail could dictate the tempo of the game and had more strings to his bow than Wintle.

Hes good at what he does but hes no Mcphail. Mcphail could dictate the tempo of the game and had more strings to his bow than Wintle.
    There's another player who was absolutely slaughtered by a section of our fanbase because he wasn't throwing himself into tackles and running around like a blue arsed fly

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    There's another player who was absolutely slaughtered by a section of our fanbase because he wasn't throwing himself into tackles and running around like a blue arsed fly
    Correct.

To be fair to Wintle he hasnt the quality of players around him Mcphail had.

I dont think they are that similar anyway.

Wintle is quicker and a far more physical player.

Class again on Saturday, it's his simple passing that makes me think he's like McPhail, I do agree McPhail had other elements and differences to his game , early days though ?

Doing exactly what I saw him do wjen he was on loan at Blackpool.

Glad he is finally doing it for us.

To me they are 2 wildly different players

To me they are 2 wildly different players

McPhail was great felt I was always defending him but if anything I would want Wintle alongside McPhail. For me McPhail was at his best when we had Scimeca alongside him.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Nah I will never take advice from a twat like you. Thought I had you blocked on here.

We signed a player that was supposed to improve our midfield. One month later he’s improving a rival team’s midfield. I’m allowed to be pissed off about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    Oh the irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Glad he's back with us :)
    Defensively he's been a huge help. We looked all at sea before we stuck him in front of the back 4.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

He did the swivel around in the spot thing host like McPhail yesterday and in fact he’s reminding me of him.

Only difference is Wintle is a bit quicker, but maybe hasn’t got the killer pass McPhail has.

However he’s excellent defensively and his ball retention is good too. Think although Vaulks has done pretty well since he’s come back in,Ralls is a far more capable player and reads the game so much better too. Balance looks good with Doyle, Ralls & Wintle.

Tough choices coming up for Morison

Hopefully he'll get a run of games with Ralls alongside him.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Hopefully he'll get a run of games with Ralls alongside him.
    I was hoping to see a ralls, Wintle and Colwill at some point, possibly once we are definitely safe from relegation he'll start to explore more things

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I was hoping to see a ralls, Wintle and Colwill at some point, possibly once we are definitely safe from relegation he'll start to explore more things
    Same here, before we got Doyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Colwill seems our most natural replacement for Doyle

I think if we're going to persist with a 3 man midfield (we probably should) then Colwill definitely needs to be given some games there to see if he can do it. Realistically we'll be reliant on him to a certain extent next season