+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: ToBW

ToBW

Didn’t want to turn the Jimmy Greaves thread into a debate,, but interested on your opinion on Dennis Law and Kenny Dalgliesh when you describe Rush and Greaves as the best 2 British finishers you’ve seen.

Re: ToBW

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Didn’t want to turn the Jimmy Greaves thread into a debate,, but interested on your opinion on Dennis Law and Kenny Dalgliesh when you describe Rush and Greaves as the best 2 British finishers you’ve seen.
    I think of Dalglish and Law as more like all rounders than just finishers. It would be unfair to think of Rush especially as someone who didn’t do his share for the team, but he wasn’t like a Dalglish who had creativity to go with his goals. I struggle to form many conclusions on Law because my memories come more from towards the end of his career when he was past his best.

Re: ToBW

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think of Dalglish and Law as more like all rounders than just finishers. It would be unfair to think of Rush especially as someone who didn’t do his share for the team, but he wasn’t like a Dalglish who had creativity to go with his goals. I struggle to form many conclusions on Law because my memories come more from towards the end of his career when he was past his best.
    Thanks for that. I didn’t see much of Greaves, but his scoring record speaks for itself.