+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NML. Still without a club?

NML. Still without a club?

No thank you

Re: NML. Still without a club?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    No thank you
    We cancelled his contract, It's not an option anyway. I've never seen a player where the fans and the player had no idea what was going to happen when he was in possession. He was like Frank Spencer with a ball at his feet and had the touch of a jagged rock.

Yup, head down and locked into "I'm going to do my own thing" mode.
    Not a team player, and as you said - an awful first touch!
    However, In full-stride with space in front of him, he could be devastating (perhaps 'devastating is too strong a word, but certainly very effective).

Too creative for us.

We are in the process of culling any creativity this squad has and filling the gaps with cut price kids. It goes right against that plan.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Too creative for us.

We are in the process of culling any creativity this squad has and filling the gaps with cut price kids. It goes right against that plan.
    I don't understand this post.

13 goals and 10 assists in his time here.

In 87 games.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I don't understand this post.

13 goals and 10 assists in his time here.
    I am saying he is too much of a flair player. All of our flair players are either crocked or loaned out. Our manager is not a fan of the luxury player and is happy to see players like Murphy and Whyte on loan at other clubs and persist with his brand of footballing dambusters.

I am saying that it would be another wage when we seem to be loaning out anything but the bare bones to save as much as possible. We would prefer to put a cheap kid in his place and model it as giving youth a chance when it is nothing more than a cost cutting measure and playing them out of necessity because our squad is threadbare.

I am saying he is too much of a flair player. All of our flair players are either crocked or loaned out. Our manager is not a fan of the luxury player and is happy to see players like Murphy and Whyte on loan at other clubs and persist with his brand of footballing dambusters.

I am saying that it would be another wage when we seem to be loaning out anything but the bare bones to save as much as possible. We would prefer to put a cheap kid in his place and model it as giving youth a chance when it is nothing more than a cost cutting measure and playing them out of necessity because our squad is threadbare.
    He's a hit and run player

Flair would be a hard sell.

I liked him in patches, but he wasn't flair or creative.

He's a hit and run player

Flair would be a hard sell.

I liked him in patches, but he wasn't flair or creative.
    I mean flair as in he tries to beat a man, doesn't lump it straight forward, doesn't track back.

We have no wingers and have loaned out Whyte and Murphy. That shows anybody how high wingers are on the clubs list of priorities.

I mean flair as in he tries to beat a man, doesn't lump it straight forward, doesn't track back.

We have no wingers and have loaned out Whyte and Murphy. That shows anybody how high wingers are on the clubs list of priorities.
    Knocking the ball 10 yards ahead of yourself and chasing after it isn't flair mate. He had a touch like an elephant and literally knocked the ball forward to chase it.

Knocking the ball 10 yards ahead of yourself and chasing after it isn't flair mate. He had a touch like an elephant and literally knocked the ball forward to chase it.
    It's too much flair for Mick.

Mick is more a 'Ave It type of bloke.

It's too much flair for Mick.

Mick is more a 'Ave It type of bloke.
    We get your point.

the lower league game needs more like him, yes his only trick was the knock ball past player and beat said player, but when attacking it was exciting, when it worked you were up on your feet roaring him on

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    the lower league game needs more like him, yes his only trick was the knock ball past player and beat said player, but when attacking it was exciting, when it worked you were up on your feet roaring him on
    It was exciting at times.

I'm just saying I don't think it qualified as flair.

He was strong, quick and had a decent shot on him, but he wasn't what I'd call intelligent or skillful. Not sure you can put your chips in with NML and moan about lack of skill in our style of play.

Warnock's best football here was with him in the side though whether that was with Hoilett and Zohore or the Premier League days at Brighton or Man United but those moments were far too rare.

Hope he gets back on his feet and then does work to help others.

It was exciting at times.

I'm just saying I don't think it qualified as flair.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    He was strong, quick and had a decent shot on him, but he wasn't what I'd call intelligent or skillful. Not sure you can put your chips in with NML and moan about lack of skill in our style of play.

Warnock's best football here was with him in the side though whether that was with Hoilett and Zohore or the Premier League days at Brighton or Man United but those moments were far too rare.

Hope he gets back on his feet and then does work to help others.
    That was when Warnock played him and hoilett on the right sides. He changed it after a few games (5 wins in a row wasn't it) and they never had the same threat again.

Too creative for us.

Give it a rest your boring kent

Seems strange he doesn't have any club after an OK stint at Boro. Let's hope he isn't suspended again.

That was when Warnock played him and hoilett on the right sides. He changed it after a few games (5 wins in a row wasn't it) and they never had the same threat again.
    Mendez-Laing down the left side was a monster. He had a blistering start to that season partly due to that and we rarely saw him in that position again. Baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Give it a rest your boring kent
    I'll post what I want. Thanks for the advice though.

Not sure why posting something fairly obvious gets people so worked up. Tell me what flair players Mick had in the team Saturday? He doesn't seem to like them. Dembe doesn't think he'd be a flair player but I think he is. I know if NML was in our team he would be the only one likely to do a stepover, at least until Mick introduced fines for doing them.

It isn't my intention when I post to wind people up but if it does then it is a little bonus.

Flair players like NML , Gavin Whyte with Arter and Wintle in the middle.

Lewj should be next manager.🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Flair players like NML , Gavin Whyte with Arter and Wintle in the middle.

Lewj should be next manager.🤣
    Any worse than what we've got there now?

Did you watch the game Saturday?

We had two shots on target all game. One per half, at home against the footballing giant that is Bournemouth. Yeah, the current crop are outstanding.

Add those two shots on target to the one shot on target we had in 90 plus minutes at Coventry.

Yeah stick with what we've got I say. We're putting teams to the sword without breaking a sweat. 👍

Add those two shots on target to the one shot on target we had in 90 plus minutes at Coventry.

Yeah stick with what we've got I say. We're putting teams to the sword without breaking a sweat. ��
    Out of interest what do you think should happen next in an ideal world?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Out of interest what do you think should happen next in an ideal world?
    In an ideal world we get a director of football in.
    The money Tan would pay this individual would be more than saved by the football savvy he would bring to the football operations. Large wages and long contracts for average players would be a thing of the past.

I would bring in a manager whose style fits in with the way the academy play and at least try to play some modern football where we try to keep it a bit
    attack and drop the underdog attitude. We are as big as teams like Bournemouth. I could take Warnock bigging up teams in the Premier League (just) but not the Bournemouths of this world.
    If our aim is to just tread water for a few years then why not get a more forward thinking manager now. Or do we just ask the new fella to change it up overnight with Mick's squad and act as though the situation has crept up on us, like we have a tendency to do.

I would use academy players when they are ready. I cannot agree under any circumstances that our academy is producing players of the required quality overnight in such numbers having produced nothing for seasons. One or two maybe but not to that level.

I would look into why we are signing players to supplement the midfield and then making excuses and loaning them out.

Of course the above would be somebody who is not a yes man to Tan (The DOF) and somebody that may well tell him he hasn't been doing things the right way, which isn't something that happens here.

So, in short I'd bring in a director of football, I'd bring in a younger manager that has some clue what a modern football team plays like that is more aligned with what we're asking the academy to do and I would not force players into the team if they are not good enough yet, that only ends one way.
    Finally I'd look at why, at a time when we have next to no money, we seem to think we have the luxury to sign players and loan them out. If we were rolling in it then yes take a chance. We need that money spent on somebody featuring in the first team now.