Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
Looking at the players we've recently brought in (transfers or academy) and players we've let go (sales or not renewing deals) it looks like we have somewhat turned a corner - there is more football know how here than previously though obviously this can go further.

Academy reportedly is playing more like first team while still a more attractive version.

However, I wonder if Tan is ready to trust a younger manager having had bad experiences with past choices and I wonder if that trust is more likely if younger person has an older head next to him or someone Tan is familiar with and likes?

In order to change the style within the 90 minutes we probably (not definitely) need a different manager and in order to keep fans coming back next year we probably need to send them a signal towards end of the year/in the summer.

We probably don't have funds to buy Mick out and hire new manager and fund new signing. That means doing something bold away from dugout without completely changing what we have been doing for past 2 years...

My ideal next step is to see if we can get.the Norwich City DoF to leave them and come here on the basis that:

I) it sends a more obvious signal that things have changed to keep interest up,

ii) it helps build that relationship with Tan a year early so younger manager can come in and continue to take us from Jackett's Wolves to Nuno's

iii) it's not completely unrealistic on basis that Norwich might want to change and he might want to change if they're relegated again and we're not a million miles from where Norwich were when he arrived. If we can sell us as a better prospect on basis of bigger stadium and perhaps Tan being willing to spend a bit more in the future than Norwich can then it might be possible.

We're already evolving but perhaps need to make it more obvious and perhaps need to be willing to go a bit further than previously planned.
I very much doubt he'll be leaving Norwich to come here. he seems highly rated and even if Norwich go straight back down they are in a better position than us.