+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Net Carbon Neutral game Spurs Vs chelsea

Net Carbon Neutral game Spurs Vs chelsea

Congratulations to Chelsea funded by an oil oligarch in winning the net carbon neutral game.....

Re: Net Carbon Neutral game Spurs Vs chelsea

Tottenham did their best to help the environment by not expanding any energy at all.

Chelsea were superb and could have scored a shedload in the second half

FT: 0 - 3

What's the issue of efforts are being made? Why do we always have to find an angle to shit on things?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    What's the issue of efforts are being made? Why do we always have to find an angle to shit on things?
    Surely there's no issue with the efforts being made?

Maybe because it's virtue signalling when places can often do hell of a lot more

How many football fans up and down the country are using buses because train prices are ridiculous, but we're supposed to pat ourselves on the back because 1 coach runs on biofuel

Things are often nothing more than a marketing plot to absolve themselves from real and actually difference making change

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Maybe because it's virtue signalling when places can often do hell of a lot more

How many football fans up and down the country are using buses because train prices are ridiculous, but we're supposed to pat ourselves on the back because 1 coach runs on biofuel

Things are often nothing more than a marketing plot to absolve themselves from real and actually difference making change
    Do you go above and beyond then?

I can't see how they can possibly claim that a football match is carbon neutral. How did they work it out? What did they include or exclude from their calculations? Let's see the figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Surely there's no issue with the efforts being made?
    It's just box ticking, marketing nonsense.

If the clubs want to take it seriously then offer free tube travel with tickets, turn off the huge TV screens in stadiums, discourage fans from streaming games on their phones etc etc etc.

That said, I personally don't mind the idea if it gets people thinking but I can see why people don't and on it's own it's totally pointless.

It's just another example of the desire to be seen to do something being more important than actually doing it

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It's just box ticking, marketing nonsense.

If the clubs want to take it seriously then offer free tube travel with tickets, turn off the huge TV screens in stadiums, discourage fans from streaming games on their phones etc etc etc.

That said, I personally don't mind the idea if it gets people thinking but I can see why people don't and on it's own it's totally pointless.

It's just another example of the desire to be seen to do something being more important than actually doing it
    Encourage fans not to exhale

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Ignoring the environmental thing for a minute - that sounds great. I'm only in my 30s so can remember life before mobile phones, but they've been part of my life for most of it. However I cannot get my head around someone who goes to an event and then spends most of their time filming it on their phone. Utterly bizarre - it's a self-inflicted downgrade in the experience of seeing something live.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Ignoring the environmental thing for a minute - that sounds great. I'm only in my 30s so can remember life before mobile phones, but they've been part of my life for most of it. However I cannot get my head around someone who goes to an event and then spends most of their time filming it on their phone. Utterly bizarre - it's a self-inflicted downgrade in the experience of seeing something live.
    Last time I was in ibiza, big club big DJ and a huge percentage of people in there filming it.

I got an "I was there" 30 second or so clip and enjoyed it.. Never understand filming at length something that'll be on YouTube anyway.

Last time I was in ibiza, big club big DJ and a huge percentage of people in there filming it.

I got an "I was there" 30 second or so clip and enjoyed it.. Never understand filming at length something that'll be on YouTube anyway.
    Yep. Dave on his handheld iPhone vs the entire professional camera setup of the broadcaster covering the game? Who even watches teh crap they film at these events- do people actually re-watch the gig/match/whatever that they recorded on their phone? Surely if you are going to re-watch an event you would watch the broadcaster's professional footage instead of your own?

I can understand getting a snapshot or whatever, but I cannot get my head around why you'd ever think it's worth foregoing the actual event to capture amateur footage on a mobile with a lens smaller than a pinhead, when you've got people who know what they are doing with proper gear to do the job anyway.

Still- each to their own. Doesn't do any harm, it just puzzles me.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Yep. Dave on his handheld iPhone vs the entire professional camera setup of the broadcaster covering the game? Who even watches teh crap they film at these events- do people actually re-watch the gig/match/whatever that they recorded on their phone? Surely if you are going to re-watch an event you would watch the broadcaster's professional footage instead of your own?

I can understand getting a snapshot or whatever, but I cannot get my head around why you'd ever think it's worth foregoing the actual event to capture amateur footage on a mobile with a lens smaller than a pinhead, when you've got people who know what they are doing with proper gear to do the job anyway.

Still- each to their own. Doesn't do any harm, it just puzzles me.
    No harm done but like you I don't understand it. The atmosphere is so good at these things you need to soak it up not worry about your camera angle. Weird.