+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Great Cardiff City Finishers In A Greavsie Style

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Great Cardiff City Finishers In A Greavsie Style

A player who doesn't get much of a mention from the early eighties is Gordon Owen. A winger with good feet and an eye for a goal if my memory is correct. Sure he was Top Scorer for us in the old 2nd division, the year after we were promoted under Ashurst. I was pretty young at the time, maybe my judgement is clouded. Does anyone else remember him?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    A player who doesn't get much of a mention from the early eighties is Gordon Owen. A winger with good feet and an eye for a goal if my memory is correct. Sure he was Top Scorer for us in the old 2nd division, the year after we were promoted under Ashurst. I was pretty young at the time, maybe my judgement is clouded. Does anyone else remember him?
    Yes think he played in the 2nd season after I started going. Replaced Dave Bennett on a free I believe and even though not as good was a very good player for us. Sold for a ludicrously low fee if I remember.

After that season our complete freefall started.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yes, good player, who made the departure of Dave Bennett not as bad as it could have been, but I think we probably saw the best of him judging by the rest of his career.