Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
I think it is caused by a lot of factors but for many football is not how it was.

The move from Ninian Park to the new ground, while needed, lost a lot of character and sanitised the whole experience for many. Some might have welcomed it but it changed the actual match experience for many including myself.

Football has changed, a lot of the aspects I enjoyed have gone out of the game. The meaty challenge, the midfield tussle where players got stuck into one another. I dislike aspects of the game now for the same reason I've never enjoyed watching friendlies. It is like a non contact sport and becoming increasingly so.

There seems a lack of connection between the fans and players that there was. The current team seems a world away from some of the players mentioned here. Your Earnie's, Ledley's and the like. Can't put my finger on why but they just seem disconnected from the fans in a way that wouldn't happen before.

The owners, while still being here, seem to be disinterested and running things on a shoe string while still expecting fans to turn up and give 100% our end just through blind loyalty.

All the above with the pandemic thrown in and people realising that there are things outside of football that they could be doing. I don't think you are the only one who feels less of a buzz about the whole thing.

If that makes me a bed wetter, a Jack or a bed wetting Jack I don't care. I'm not going to say the football is great, the owners and board are clued up or the matchday experience is top notch because it is simply not the case.
The picture of our fans celebrating with our 3 young players Harris Colwill and Bagan at Forest (of course youve suggested some or all of these are simply not good enough) shows there is a connection with the fans.

Its hard to dispute the football is sh!t but you have a downer on just about everything.