+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Where's the magic gone and will it ever come back?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Where's the magic gone and will it ever come back?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well it's utterly relevant as the poster talked about watching ccfc in the 1990s , a time when we were complete crap most of the time

So I am sorry but you are incorrect
    You’re right, of course: crap then and crap now. Nothing has changed except the wage bill and the division we play in!

If I was coming fresh to football now I would not give it the time of the day, its a sordid little world , with so much greed and hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    If I was coming fresh to football now I would not give it the time of the day, its a sordid little world , with so much greed and hypocrisy.
    What would you have thought if you were coming fresh to football in the 80's/90's and every time you went to games there were huge gangs kicking the shit out of each other and bricking each other inside and outside the ground? Would you have given it the time of day then?

Football's never been perfect

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    What would you have thought if you were coming fresh to football in the 80's/90's and every time you went to games there were huge gangs kicking the shit out of each other and bricking each other inside and outside the ground? Would you have given it the time of day then?

You are right ,and to answer your question directly and honestly yes I did give it the time of day ,a lot of life was like that sadly and one could get caught up in it and as you become more mature you look back and reflect , some folk have turned that violent ear into some form of nostalgia and romantic era with book events , films ,clothing .

Why the two extremes?

I don't think that many people who bemoan some elements of the modern football experience want a return to the darkest days of the 1980s.

Most however would like to see a matchday experience more akin to that in Germany or many other countries.

Things feel different for me post-covid personally. It shakes up your thinking a bit and it all just feels grubbier and I feel more exploited. Has been like that for some time, but it feels worse now, personally speaking.

What would you have thought if you were coming fresh to football in the 80's/90's and every time you went to games there were huge gangs kicking the shit out of each other and bricking each other inside and outside the ground?
    Every time?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Every time?

I just kicked em back

I have fallen out of love with this situation....as a fan since 1958-59 this is dire stuff...and I speak as someone who used to go to Halifax, Chesterfield, Bradford, Rotherham and the like.

I live in France, and in previous (pre covid) seasons I subscribed to a season ticket to watch online. I begrudge that now...and used to pay per match...but after the Bristol City game...no more. I paid....did not get a stream...after 20 minutes I emailed support (again) and said cannot get a stream so please refund. ..now I watch on free streams.

As many contributors have said, one can accept losing if we TRY to play football....there really has to be a sea change in ambition and style to move ahead. MM is not the answer despite his previous promotions. Eddie Howe would be my choice. We have a good crop of youngsters coming through but they need to continue the FOOTBALL they are used to in Academy/U23.

I read that VT watches every match regardless of time differences...surely he cannot be happy with what is being presented....To the board I would say 'bite the bullet' and change direction to get us back on track.