+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Academy Manager James McCarthy Leaving

Academy Manager James McCarthy Leaving

Re: Academy Manager James McCarthy Leaving

DML, get your tracksuit on lad

Wasn't McCarthy being touted as a possible 1st team manager at one point? I wonder if Steve Morison is seen as the next 1st team manager post-Mick

So, does this mean that the allegations of bullying against James McCarthy with the subsequent investigation will just be put to one side and forgotten about?

7 managers in 8 years. Jesus.

Exactly my thoughts Paul
    Macca’s been under a cloud and was suspended from his role.
    Take from it what you will 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    7 managers in 8 years. Jesus.
    The other day they were saying that Forest have had 15 in 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, does this mean that the allegations of bullying against James McCarthy with the subsequent investigation will just be put to one side and forgotten about?
    I wonder.

I didn't want to speculate too much, but the reality / facts, is that whatever went on at Cardiff, happened on his watch.

Bellers is back ?

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I wonder.

I didn't want to speculate too much, but the reality / facts, is that whatever went on at Cardiff, happened on his watch.
    I heard that he's been looking to get a move from Cardiff for awhile. Maybe a fresh start because has you say things that happened were on his watch..

Since writing this, I've learned that the club enquiry exonerated McCarthy, but, apparently, they decided they wanted to go in a "different direction" afterwards. All I can say is that I've heard some right horror stories about what things were like on McCarthy's watch from a source I trust completely.

Since writing this, I've learned that the club enquiry exonerated McCarthy, but, apparently, they decided they wanted to go in a "different direction" afterwards. All I can say is that I've heard some right horror stories about what things were like on McCarthy's watch from a source I trust completely.

I also heard some horror stories, like you, from a source I trust (a former coach at the club).

While those things cannot be attributed to McCarthy, the culture under him left a lot to be desired.

I wonder if the club will appoint a new Academy manager - I hope it is someone new from outside the club.

I thought it would be contract renewals but this now looks like first big test of where Tan et al are taking us.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I also heard some horror stories, like you, from a source I trust (a former coach at the club).

While those things cannot be attributed to McCarthy, the culture under him left a lot to be desired.

I wonder if the club will appoint a new Academy manager - I hope it is someone new from outside the club.
    To counter what I’ve heard about McCarthy a bit, David Highes is seen as a definite step in the right direction it seems - he certainly comes over well when interviewed or when he’s helping with the commentary on Development team matches.

Given the financial decisions being taken by the club, I’d say a promotion from within is the most likely way they’ll go.