+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Predictable Liverpool win, but a good day all round for Cardiff City as fans do them proud.

Predictable Liverpool win, but a good day all round for Cardiff City as fans do them proud.

Denham and Bagan impress in young Cardiff line up.

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: Predictable Liverpool win, but a good day all round for Cardiff City as fans do them proud.

I make it 9 players aged 21 or under had game time yesterday. Albeit one is a loan player and another was a cameo. Encouraging though to see so many young players play a part against formidable opposition and give a good account of themselves and gain great experience.

Re: Predictable Liverpool win, but a good day all round for Cardiff City as fans do them proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I make it 9 players aged 21 or under had game time yesterday. Albeit one is a loan player and another was a cameo. Encouraging though to see so many young players play a part against formidable opposition and give a good account of themselves and gain great experience.
    Didn’t realise that there were that many, plus the unused sub Bowen.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I make it 8, who am I missing?

McGuiness, Denham, King Bagan, Colwill , Davies , Doyle, Semenyo

With Semenyo I don't know why he brought him on so late though. Wouldn't have hurt to give the lad 5, even 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    With Semenyo I don't know why he brought him on so late though. Wouldn't have hurt to give the lad 5, even 10 minutes.
    its not the first time I've seen a manager do that though.

maybe it just means that the next time he comes on he's already gone through the process of being subbed on in a televised game with a massive crowd etc so he's more likely to be able to relax and play his natural game.
    if it's all alien to you AND you're expected to perform at your best then that's not an ideal situation

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I make it 8, who am I missing?

McGuiness, Denham, King Bagan, Colwill , Davies , Doyle, Semenyo
    Nobody, I thought Harris was 20 for some reason.