+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cardiff and Bristol City interested in free agent

Re: Cardiff and Bristol City interested in free agent

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Happens more often now, he was clearly never going to make it at Spurs. If he signs a 2/3 year deal, he'll be 22/23 without any first team football potentially and might be out of the game. His next move is crucial.
    Good point.

Got to admire it if he's left for the right reasons. Look at Liverpool Chelsea etc who loan out players into their early 20s Wilson for example.. Go out there and get it.

Reports say that he was heading to Hoffenheim to be one of many young players looking for pathway to first team football they don't think is available at Premier League level, but because Spurs offered him a contract that forced negotiations of compensation for Spurs which couldn't be agreed.

when Warnock was here you'd think we were about the last club a player like that would consider joining. if he was still here I dread to think who our young player of the year would be.
    there is undeniably a pathway to the first team for young prospects at the club at the moment though. if they establish themselves then you'd think that this could be the most that we have, but it would be good if we are always bringing through 2-4 young players in any given season from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    when Warnock was here you'd think we were about the last club a player like that would consider joining. if he was still here I dread to think who our young player of the year would be.
    there is undeniably a pathway to the first team for young prospects at the club at the moment though. if they establish themselves then you'd think that this could be the most that we have, but it would be good if we are always bringing through 2-4 young players in any given season from now on.
    If a few can establish themselves as first team or even reliable squad players this season I'd be happy with even 2 pushing every year after. Can only be a good thing.

well it looks like he's going to sign for Luton.
    good luck to him, hope he does well and then comes through for Wales too

This guy doesn't seem to have even been on the bench for Luton since he signed for them . The only evidence I can see that he exists at all there is one U23 game shortly after he signed. I wonder if he would have had any more opportunities if he'd come here instead.

Let him go to the Wurzels, we can sign him in about 8 years time when his pace has gone and injuries have taken its toll. That’s the usual scenario isn’t it ?

This guy doesn't seem to have even been on the bench for Luton since he signed for them . The only evidence I can see that he exists at all there is one U23 game shortly after he signed. I wonder if he would have had any more opportunities if he'd come here instead.
    I think he dropped out of the Wales U21s recently so perhaps an injury issue? Also, it's possible he missed pre-season so had some catching up to do.

so this player who we were apparently interested in a while back finally made their debut for Luton on the weekend in the cup against lower league opposition. apparently did very well and got an assist. I guess as soon as Luton aren't in any danger of troubling either end of the table they might give him some more game time.
    good news for Wales if we can get more young players playing at this level or higher.

also a real contrast with how we have used youngsters this season.

so this player who we were apparently interested in a while back finally made their debut for Luton on the weekend in the cup against lower league opposition. apparently did very well and got an assist. I guess as soon as Luton aren't in any danger of troubling either end of the table they might give him some more game time.
    good news for Wales if we can get more young players playing at this level or higher.

also a real contrast with how we have used youngsters this season.
    Maybe Colwill Davies Bowen Evans etc are just better than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Maybe Colwill Davies Bowen Evans etc are just better than him.
    yes possibly, he was highly rated at spurs apparently. will be interesting to see how he gets on for the rest of the season