Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
Come on, you're better than this. The woman suffering a stroke was going to anyway. The woman due a child was risking it going on the M25 in the first place. The M25 is the dog's breath of a motorway and is to be avoided at all costs. I've literally lost days of my life stuck on the M25 over my lifetime. Idiots driving like idiots cause more death and carnage than a few misguided but well-intentioned protesters.

FWIW I think these kinds of protests are doing more harm than good but I weighed in yesterday because of the cynical language and attitudes of many e.g. tree-huggers, narcissists, scum etc. which is just playing into the divide and conquer tactics of the media and governments who want to demonise environmental protesters.

Sometimes things are so important that it takes radical action to initiate change. This has been true throughout history, hence my references to some of the biggest protesters and movements who were also demonised by the establishments of the time.

It's the cynism that I can't abide. I have no problem with discussion and suggesting different ways of doing things but I can't stand the cheap shots or the flag-waving, patriots who think being 17th in some meaningless table of meaningless data actually has any meaning at all.

So yeah, I'll fight their corner when they're being ganged up on by a bunch of cynics. Sometimes I do it because I truly believe in the cause, and sometimes I do it because I don't like the name-calling.
Yes the woman would have had the stroke, but the chances of a recovery were greatly diminished by the delays. According to her son, the medical staff said it was unlikely that she would have suffered the full left side paralysis that she has, had she gotten to the hospital sooner.