+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Not many big clubs left outside the top two flights now

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Not many big clubs left outside the top two flights now

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I think it's all tied up to a long running saga about a new 'Stadium for Cornwall' to be built in Truro as the club there was making a go of rising up the leagues and had some success with that.

The more controversial element is that Cornish Pirates, who are pretty successful, plan to move from Penzance to Truro to share the ground. Amidst all the drama I guess Truro City fell into difficulty and got bought out by the rugby club and temporarily moved to Plymouth. Not sure why they themselves didn't temporarily relocate to Penzance where the rugby club currently play.

Either way, I don't think people in Cornwall have much of an issue supporting Plymouth Argyle which is on the Cornish border anyway. Rugby is also pretty big there.
    My daughter's bf is from St Ives. Truro would be his nearest club; Plymouth/Exeter neaest League clubs, no naturally he supports...

Chelsea!

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    My daughter's bf is from St Ives. Truro would be his nearest club; Plymouth/Exeter neaest League clubs, no naturally he supports...

Chelsea!
    From one father to another, I wish your daughter all the best in getting out of this obviously toxic relationship

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    From one father to another, I wish your daughter all the best in getting out of this obviously toxic relationship
    Fat chance, though Cardiff is now his "second team".

My other daughter married a Manu fan!