+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steve Cooper agrees to become Nottingham Forest manager

Re: Steve Cooper agrees to become Nottingham Forest manager

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I wonder if that would have continued once it was announced that Alan Tate was coming with him?
    They're all just professionals working in the game. There's absolutely no loyalty in football, it's just a job like any other. We are tribal but the players and staff we support couldn't give a toss about us at the end of the day. It's entertainment and I want to be entertained. If I'm honest, there are just eleven players in blue who I support and I want to watch some good footie.

I was going to post a PR montage that Middlesborough put together and Sol Bamba posted on social media on here a few weeks ago that was a complete lie. All shots that were originally taken when he was playing for us but Photoshopped with Middlesborough kit, including the famous salute after scoring. All before he'd even kicked a ball for them. I didn't because it would have looked like sour grapes but in all honesty, I was really impressed with the graphics work!

Did they edit out all the hoofing?

You can’t blame Cooper for wanting to leave for a bigger club, so many have there, from roberto to Brendan, to potter, on it goes……

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Did they edit out all the hoofing?
    There's no App for that.....yet!

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    You can’t blame Cooper for wanting to leave for a bigger club, so many have there, from roberto to Brendan, to potter, on it goes……
    It's an interesting pattern. Swansea's managers generally go on to bigger and better things, while City's managers get sacked.

To be fair Swansea have had some really decent managers , no wonder they are streets ahead of us

😀

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I was going to post a PR montage that Middlesborough put together and Sol Bamba posted on social media on here a few weeks ago that was a complete lie. All shots that were originally taken when he was playing for us but Photoshopped with Middlesborough kit, including the famous salute after scoring. All before he'd even kicked a ball for them. I didn't because it would have looked like sour grapes but in all honesty, I was really impressed with the graphics work!
    Did they really do that? How bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    To be fair Swansea have had some really decent managers , no wonder they are streets ahead of us
    Swansea have finished ahead of Cardiff in nine of the last eleven seasons, during which time they spent seven consecutive seasons in the Premier League, qualified for the Europa League and won the League Cup.

In the same period, City were managed by such luminaries as Russell Slade, Paul Trollope and Neil Harris.

His football might have been considered too pragmatic for Swansea but think it could have been a good fit here.

Of course, a young manager looks at the whole club as to whether it's going to advance his reputation and low expectations and big budget at Forest might make them more attractive option currently.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It's an interesting pattern. Swansea's managers generally go on to bigger and better things, while City's managers get sacked.
    They get compo for their managers….what do we get?
    They have had a few duffs mind, who can forget the yank? The Italian guy?

Swansea have finished ahead of Cardiff in nine of the last eleven seasons, during which time they spent seven consecutive seasons in the Premier League, qualified for the Europa League and won the League Cup.

In the same period, City were managed by such luminaries as Russell Slade, Paul Trollope and Neil Harris.
    And some people say Vincent Tan doesn’t know what he’s doing……

Doesn't is present tense.

Don't think anyone disagrees that Tan didn't know what he was doing and we wasted and awful lot of money going nowhere (maybe even slightly backwards) but, to borrow from another poster, we're now experiencing you reap what you sow. Some of us are arguing that we're now reaping better (enough? Yet to be seen) than we did to get to this point.

I'm going to get some Che Guevara-style tee-shirts in Vincent Tan's image and start selling them outside the ground. How dare you mock our great leader. Slade, Trollope, and Harris were just misunderstood geniuses and ahead of their time (or from another dimension, I get confused).

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    How about Tommy Cooper? Born in Caerphilly, so he must be a Bluebird!
    He's dead unfortunately

Cooper is a weird one. From the outside he seemed like he did a brilliant job getting to the playoffs 2 years in a row with a limited squad. But nearly every Swansea fan I know said that the football was God awful and they were genuinely pleased when he left.

He does seem to have a lot of good contacts though and most of his loan signings have been very good. Think he'll do well at Forest.

They get compo for their managers….what do we get?
    They have had a few duffs mind, who can forget the yank? The Italian guy?
    Brad Bobley as he became known on Soccer AM😁

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Doesn't is present tense.

Don't think anyone disagrees that Tan didn't know what he was doing and we wasted and awful lot of money going nowhere (maybe even slightly backwards) but, to borrow from another poster, we're now experiencing you reap what you sow. Some of us are arguing that we're now reaping better (enough? Yet to be seen) than we did to get to this point.
    He certainly didn’t for the first few years, does he now? How many CEO’s and woeful managers have we had?
    You don’t need to pay massive to get good ones, the jacks didn’t? I’m sure he’s learnt a bit along the way wasting millions of pounds that the club owes him, or did he right it off I can’t recall? Personally I don’t feel that telling the supporters of a club that’s played in blue for 100 years that I will only fund your dreams if you accept red, is a very morale and just way to run it. No doubt he learnt from that huge mistake, do we need to reap what we have for standing our ground?

Careful! You’ll have DML after you - Jack lover! 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    He's dead unfortunately
    He’d be ideal for Cardiff City, compared to the rubbish we’ve got!

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    His football might have been considered too pragmatic for Swansea but think it could have been a good fit here.

Of course, a young manager looks at the whole club as to whether it's going to advance his reputation and low expectations and big budget at Forest might make them more attractive option currently.
    Low expectations at Forest?

Aye. OK.