+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Reading to be docked points?

Reading to be docked points?

Being reported that they're going to lose up to 9 points.

Re: Reading to be docked points?

You'll only nee 30 points to stay up at this rate! Great chance for the three newly promoted sides to keep their spot in the division

I suspect we will get docked six points with a further three suspended. We can have no complaints for the abysmal running of the club since 2017. Massive losses way in excess of FFP.
    If it is six points I still think we will stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    You'll only nee 30 points to stay up at this rate! Great chance for the three newly promoted sides to keep their spot in the division
    good season to blood all the youngsters as well

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I suspect we will get docked six points with a further three suspended. We can have no complaints for the abysmal running of the club since 2017. Massive losses way in excess of FFP.
    If it is six points I still think we will stay up.
    that's seems to be the rumour, that they will get 6.
    they were so far over the ffp rules though it's laughable if they don't get the full punishment.

Think they'd be OK with 9 as well to stay up. Mind you get into the mid table battle and anything happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    that's seems to be the rumour, that they will get 6.
    they were so far over the ffp rules though it's laughable if they don't get the full punishment.
    There is more to it than that though. Teams sending in false accounts, deliberating ignoring the EFL, not paying wages, dodgy stadium valuations etc. We are guilty and will pay a penalty but others have gotten away with it.
    The EFL need to get their act together. The Championship is going to end up with teams relegated from the PL going straight back up again due to huge parachute payments giving them a massive advantage as the other Championship clubs can’t spend.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Think they'd be OK with 9 as well to stay up. Mind you get into the mid table battle and anything happens.

Nine points would be tough for us.

Nine points would be tough for us.
    Oh definitely, I just think you've got enough about you.

There is more to it than that though. Teams sending in false accounts, deliberating ignoring the EFL, not paying wages, dodgy stadium valuations etc. We are guilty and will pay a penalty but others have gotten away with it.
    The EFL need to get their act together. The Championship is going to end up with teams relegated from the PL going straight back up again due to huge parachute payments giving them a massive advantage as the other Championship clubs can’t spend.
    that was always the intention

That’s the masterplan….isn’t it Fulham, Norwich, West Brom yo yo ing at the mo

I hope we do get something, its horrible being overlooked with these new trends .

If we don't get a point deduction will folk give the club some recognition ?.