+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Strangest People You Have Met Following Cardiff City

Strangest People You Have Met Following Cardiff City

The two deaf twins , complete raving hard-core soul crew

Money Spinner Lottery Ticket Man ......never saw anyone buy one from him

Cwmbran Cross Dresser .......regular on away trips , always playing pool , off his face , looked like Ronnie Wood on a bad day

Port Talbot Mike Peters Tribute Act ........bloke from baglan would travel on ccsc coaches dressed immaculately like his hero Mike Peters , Alarm . With real life spikey gelled hair .

Re: Strangest People You Have Met Following Cardiff City

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Cwmbran Cross Dresser .......regular on away trips , always playing pool , off his face , looked like Ronnie Wood on a bad day

Port Talbot Mike Peters Tribute Act ........bloke from baglan would travel on ccsc coaches dressed immaculately like his hero Mike Peters , Alarm . With real life spikey gelled hair .
    David Sugarman

Cwmbran Cross Dresser - was this "Rapping Rance" one of the crew with Big Dai?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Cwmbran Cross Dresser - was this "Rapping Rance" one of the crew with Big Dai?
    Big dai , grey hair?

This fella had jet black hair , often wore a beret and eyeliner

Always pissed , always playing pool

Got to be Mr Hunt, shirley?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Got to be Mr Hunt, shirley?
    He's one of a kind

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    David Sugarman
    Seconded

You.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You.
    Are you that bloke that used to bump his head on the underneath of the crash barriers ?

Are you that bloke that used to bump his head on the underneath of the crash barriers ?
    I actually did that once. Was sat down on the Bob bank, we scored. You know the drill.

I actually did that once. Was sat down on the Bob bank, we scored. You know the drill.
    So did I mate

To be fair there wasn't a lot of action on the pitch so it was always worth a crafty nap

Not really strange, but a mate of mine met Robert Plant in Skin Shop one Saturday afternoon. He was on his own and had come down to watch Wolves play. This would have been around '86-'87.

Geoff Capes

My eyes are bad I thought you wrote strongest

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Not really strange, but a mate of mine met Robert Plant in Skin Shop one Saturday afternoon. He was on his own and had come down to watch Wolves play. This would have been around '86-'87.
    My cousin owned/managed the Skin Shop back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    His son studied at Cardiff met some years after and played league of Wales, I think. That wolves game was a naughty one if memory serves. We had snow a few days previous (if it's that game) and it had turned to ice-slush some city fans were making balls with it and throwing it at the wolves fans on the Grange end, one of them was taken out quite badly with a direct hit! Stones were thrown as well.

His son studied at Cardiff met some years after and played league of Wales, I think. That wolves game was a naughty one if memory serves. We had snow a few days previous (if it's that game) and it had turned to ice-slush some city fans were making balls with it and throwing it at the wolves fans on the Grange end, one of them was taken out quite badly with a direct hit! Stones were thrown as well.
    I was on the admin side of UWIC FC after the merger with Inter Cardiff and was introduced to him. I'd never heard of him and when I asked my wife who he was, she nearly fainted.
    His son was a regular in the team and I went to games with Robert Plant for best part of a season. I was the Press Officer and he made it clear that although the newspapers were desperate to write stories about the two of them, he made it clear that his son was there as a student and didn't want to see any stories about him.
    We went into the hospitality area at Barry Town after one game and he wasn't happy there was nobody serving teas to the visitors so he went behind the counter and did it himself!