Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
His son studied at Cardiff met some years after and played league of Wales, I think. That wolves game was a naughty one if memory serves. We had snow a few days previous (if it's that game) and it had turned to ice-slush some city fans were making balls with it and throwing it at the wolves fans on the Grange end, one of them was taken out quite badly with a direct hit! Stones were thrown as well.
I was on the admin side of UWIC FC after the merger with Inter Cardiff and was introduced to him. I'd never heard of him and when I asked my wife who he was, she nearly fainted.
His son was a regular in the team and I went to games with Robert Plant for best part of a season. I was the Press Officer and he made it clear that although the newspapers were desperate to write stories about the two of them, he made it clear that his son was there as a student and didn't want to see any stories about him.
We went into the hospitality area at Barry Town after one game and he wasn't happy there was nobody serving teas to the visitors so he went behind the counter and did it himself!