+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I hate the way my team play at the moment.

Re: I hate the way my team play at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The fact that he is a Councillor has nothing to do with his views on football. He is just an ordinary football fan and these are his personal views. Some will agree with him and others wont. However to WOL this is like manna from heaven. A chance to print a sensationalised and critical article about the club, giving the impression that all the fans are against the club and that he must have his ‘finger on the pulse’ because he is a Councillor. In their eyes the fact that he is a Councillor gives the article legitimacy and importance but it doesn't - it is irrelevant what he does. Do you think that WOL would have gone anywhere near this type of full article if he had just been say, a labourer or a bus driver - no chance. It serves their agenda nicely.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    A nice bit of publicity for the councillor.
    Local elections soon

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    Local elections soon
    I don't think Peter has any problem being elected.

However to WOL this is like manna from heaven. A chance to print a sensationalised and critical article about the club, giving the impression that all the fans are against the club .
    Wanting the club to play football in a style that isn't from the dark ages isn't being against the club its actually having a love for the club and realising Mick Mccarthy and his tactics have no place in modern football.
    To progress we need change starting with the manager until such time imo we are just treading water.
    I want progress not the shite that is being served up now.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

The fact that he is a Councillor has nothing to do with his views on football. He is just an ordinary football fan and these are his personal views. Some will agree with him and others wont. However to WOL this is like manna from heaven. A chance to print a sensationalised and critical article about the club, giving the impression that all the fans are against the club and that he must have his ‘finger on the pulse’ because he is a Councillor. In their eyes the fact that he is a Councillor gives the article legitimacy and importance but it doesn't - it is irrelevant what he does. Do you think that WOL would have gone anywhere near this type of full article if he had just been say, a labourer or a bus driver - no chance. It serves their agenda nicely.
    Eloquently put.

Personally, the article is refreshing.
    It’s a well overdue critique of the club on that website.
    It’s what the journalists covering Cardiff City should be doing.
    Frankly, I think the club get off very lightly with the local press, when it’s a journalist’s job to dig under the surface.
    You only to have to look at the numerous fob off answers Dalman and Choo give to the Supporters Trust and the bland nonsense coming out of McMick to see this.

I like Peter a lot, but maybe he should concentrate on sorting his own house out (The City of Cardiff) before throwing accusations about.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Agreed.
    Posters who were quick to remind us Callum Patterson was player of the month for Sheffield Wednesday probably shouldn't be moaning about our style of football.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I like Peter a lot, but maybe he should concentrate on sorting his own house out (The City of Cardiff) before throwing accusations about.
    What accusations is he throwing about?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    What accusations is he throwing about?
    If you take the time to actually read the article, there are loads.

If you take the time to actually read the article, there are loads.
    I don't think that you understand what accusation means. Go on, give some examples of accusation s from that article. You said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't think that you understand what accusation means. Go on, give some examples of accusation s from that article. You said it.
    Peter has just text me and said I’m spot on

That's convenient! Go on then, what can you see that I can't, where does he accuse something or someone of doing something wrong or illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Posters who were quick to remind us Callum Patterson was player of the month for Sheffield Wednesday probably shouldn't be moaning about our style of football.
    Given the amount we spunked on players like Glatzel, Watters and Vassell, Patterson would have scored more goals than the lot of them.

Given the amount we spunked on players like Glatzel, Watters and Vassell, Patterson would have scored more goals than the lot of them.
    Too skilful for Mick.

Blah, blah, blah. It serves their agenda nicely.
    Everything's an agenda with you, isn't it?

CCFC is a football club, not a political party. Those criticising the quality of the fare being served up by its management and its players are not doing so because they have an agenda. They're doing so because it's shit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Why would a councillor need publicity?
    Name recognition when it comes to election time.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think he's more well known to his local residents through what he does for them than through an article in the paper.

Pete is a popular and hard-working councillor and will have no trouble being elected again. He's also a lovely guy.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think I'm right in saying Peter has been a councillor for the Caerau ward for something like nine or ten years. I somehow doubt a midweek Walesonline article about Cardiff City in September 2021 is going to hold much sway at the ballot box during the next elections in May 2022.

I think I'm right in saying Peter has been a councillor for the Caerau ward for something like nine or ten years. I somehow doubt a midweek Walesonline article about Cardiff City in September 2021 is going to hold much sway at the ballot box during the next elections in May 2022.
    Nevertheless. It is a reason why a councilor would need publicity.

For the record, I think we'll end up more like Nuno's Wolves than Bruno's and that won't make many happy - those who want change want to go further than that - but it will be one hundred times better than the Cardiff City Warnock left us.

It's just so boring that some things are going reasonably well but posters on here and now those writing in Walesonline refuse to see that and popular line is that everything is awful because the 90 minutes isn't so good.

An article name-dropping DoF seemingly without knowing how it could change things or saying 5 at the back is unattractive despite how the U23's play shouldn't be considered reflective of fanbase.

And yet the club need to know that's the popular line because they could lose the one thing that's been consistently good about the 90 minutes (full and loud Canton and full'ish rest of the stadium) since Warnock came in, but at the same time we're probably in a better position now (not more enjoyable - just better) than we've been for past 20 years which fans should recognise. Maybe it's only better because of how bad it has been but we are making better moves now which should filter down into the 90 minutes in the future.

Absolutely. I think he's been there even longer than that. I first met him around 2004 and I think he might have been a councillor then, though I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    For the record, I think we'll end up more like Nuno's Wolves than Bruno's and that won't make many happy - those who want change want to go further than that - but it will be one hundred times better than the Cardiff City Warnock left us.
    Is that your prediction for the McCarthy reign? From where I'm sitting I think we'll be more like Graham Turner's Wolves back in the 80s.

Is that your prediction for the McCarthy reign? From where I'm sitting I think we'll be more like Graham Turner's Wolves back in the 80s.
    You've done it now-Graham Turner-3 year deal-Ken Choo, leaning over the desk (arm on shoulder)as young Turner puts pen to paper.

Everything's an agenda with you, isn't it?

CCFC is a football club, not a political party. Those criticising the quality of the fare being served up by its management and its players are not doing so because they have an agenda. They're doing so because it's shit.
    Donald Michael Lewis
    Derek Mark Lawson
    David Martin Long
    Dennis Morris Lowe
    Danny Monty Lyneham
    .....I don't know exactly what this person's name is but he or she is fascinating! Unreal to the extent of being a bot, but fascinating nevertheless. A Tory to boot, perfect!!! I want to meet him, her or it in person and have a selfie taken!!! We all need these fantasy personas to lighten up the drudgery of life!

Anyway, I think he's Mehmet.