+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I hate the way my team play at the moment.

Re: I hate the way my team play at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Everything's an agenda with you, isn't it?

CCFC is a football club, not a political party. Those criticising the quality of the fare being served up by its management and its players are not doing so because they have an agenda. They're doing so because it's shit.
    You are now posting quotes from me from totally different threads. If you actually think that WOL don't have an agenda to criticise the club and sensationalise everything about it then you really do live in cloud cuckoo land. They have been doing it for years. Also, I wasn't criticising what Peter said - I don't agree with him but he is entitled to his opinion, only as a private person not a councillor. How the club is run and the tactics the manager employs is not something a local councillor should get involved with, although in this case the blame probably mostly lies with WOL who, realising he was a councillor, saw an opportunity to make capital out of it, thereby giving the impression that he was speaking for all his electorate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Donald Michael Lewis
    Derek Mark Lawson
    David Martin Long
    Dennis Morris Lowe
    Danny Monty Lyneham
    .....I don't know exactly what this person's name is but he or she is fascinating! Unreal to the extent of being a bot, but fascinating nevertheless. A Tory to boot, perfect!!! I want to meet him, her or it in person and have a selfie taken!!! We all need these fantasy personas to lighten up the drudgery of life!

Anyway, I think he's Mehmet.
    Perhaps you should spend the next few hours trying to work out who the other people on this thread, who have agreed with my post, are as well. It will pass the time for you, as you obviously don't have enough to do. While you are at it, perhaps you could try to work out who you are. That might take a bit longer. My money is on you being one of TLG’s multi’s.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    For the record, I think we'll end up more like Nuno's Wolves than Bruno's and that won't make many happy - those who want change want to go further than that - but it will be one hundred times better than the Cardiff City Warnock left us.

It's just so boring that some things are going reasonably well but posters on here and now those writing in Walesonline refuse to see that and popular line is that everything is awful because the 90 minutes isn't so good.

An article name-dropping DoF seemingly without knowing how it could change things or saying 5 at the back is unattractive despite how the U23's play shouldn't be considered reflective of fanbase.

And yet the club need to know that's the popular line because they could lose the one thing that's been consistently good about the 90 minutes (full and loud Canton and full'ish rest of the stadium) since Warnock came in, but at the same time we're probably in a better position now (not more enjoyable - just better) than we've been for past 20 years which fans should recognise. Maybe it's only better because of how bad it has been but we are making better moves now which should filter down into the 90 minutes in the future.
    I think I've worked out why I find this and many of your predictive posts jarring. It feels like I'm being giving a presentation by a strategic manager, minus the slides, in a generic meeting room at some hotel near Coryton. I'm not having a go it's just that this would work if you were presenting to fan-owned club share-holders and we could vote a yay or nay on the proposals. All this would be communicated to Trust Members and to the media and everyone would be kept in the loop.

But you know what I'm going to say next, don't you? It's in your imagination and we're not in the loop as to whether any of your ideas of what the long-term plan's chances of success will be. We don't even know if what your saying is a plan at all. We're not fan-owners just customers...,ahem, I mean supporters of Tan and the board's plaything.

And, as a supporter who shells out a considerable amount of money to watch Cardiff City I want to enjoy the experience and be entertained. I'm not a teenager any longer so my expectations are higher. If your idea of a plan is the one going on, then the business...,ahem, club, should tell me so I can decide if I spend my money or nor or wait 3 years and go and do something else with my time and money until the team/experience...ahem product, is better quality.

I don't have the time or energy anymore to hope that things will improve and pay to travel to and watch awful football. I'd much rather go and watch non-league and really enjoy it as opposed to second-tier English League bollox that's so far away from the league the teams are aspiring to get to it's laughable. I've mentioned before I feel The Championship quality has morphed into L1 quality which has morphed into L2. F*ck, it doesn't cost anything to watch the U23s. Maybe that's the best option for the next few seasons then and I'll spend my money elsewhere. The club needs to realise that it's in the entertainment/match-day experience business.

I'll always support City but the current season and the lack of excitement on the horizon isn't going to make me do it with any sort of financial conviction for much longer.

I mentioned on the last day of the transfer window how disappointed I was that there was nothing, no buzz, no excitement. I'm sick of all the same old excuses of why we can't do this or that. I don't think there's any lateral, innovative thinking happening at the club and I've said before we it feels to me that we're in decline and the board and owner are stale and devoid of ideas of how to give us an edge.

I don't think there's a footballing plan happening. I think it's entirely financial decisions driving the club. 'Of course, it's financial decisions' I hear people cry. Well OK then, what's in it for the fans and paying punters?

And I am getting sick of not being able to have these discussions in an adult way without being treated like some dissenting cult member. That got old real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You are now posting quotes from me from totally different threads. If you actually think that WOL don't have an agenda to criticise the club and sensationalise everything about it then you really do live in cloud cuckoo land. They have been doing it for years. Also, I wasn't criticising what Peter said - I don't agree with him but he is entitled to his opinion, only as a private person not a councillor. How the club is run and the tactics the manager employs is not something a local councillor should get involved with, although in this case the blame probably mostly lies with WOL who, realising he was a councillor, saw an opportunity to make capital out of it, thereby giving the impression that he was speaking for all his electorate.
    That is nonsense. The article is written in the first person. And he continually refers to his own feelings on the subject. All Wales Online has done is publish it.

The time a club really needs its fans are when the chips are down. On or off the pitch. I bet Derby fans couldn't give a s*** right now about how the team plays. They just want them to survive. Apart from the relegated Premier League teams, few clubs are spending money on players and managers have got to go with what they have got and try to get the best out of them. The players we signed in the summer gave an indication that we were looking for better quality footballers, who didn't just hit it long up the field. That coupled with the young players now being brought through and others in the under 23’s, gives me hope for the rest of the season and future.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    That is nonsense. The article is written in the first person. And he continually refers to his own feelings on the subject. All Wales Online has done is publish it.
    They have published an article from a local councillor, who is also a Cardiff City fan. Of course it is his own opinions but the reason WOL have done a full main article on him is because he is a councillor. I am not criticising him for having his personal views. There is no way that WOL would have done this article if he wasn't a councillor.

The time a club really needs its fans are when the chips are down. On or off the pitch. I bet Derby fans couldn't give a s*** right now about how the team plays. They just want them to survive. Apart from the relegated Premier League teams, few clubs are spending money on players and managers have got to go with what they have got and try to get the best out of them. The players we signed in the summer gave an indication that we were looking for better quality footballers, who didn't just hit it long up the field. That coupled with the young players now being brought through and others in the under 23’s, gives me hope for the rest of the season and future.
    Why do you act like we should be grateful we’ve got a club at all?
    Given the opportunities that the hierarchy have had in recent years - particularly with the Premier League money - it’s fair to say that we should be in a much better position in terms of our squad, playing style, commercial set up and fan engagement. Derby County have not had those opportunities.
    The times have been changing for a long while, but our board are stuck in the past and it’s right for fans to be allowed to criticise the club where they feel it necessary.

For the record, I think we'll end up more like Nuno's Wolves than Bruno's and that won't make many happy - those who want change want to go further than that - but it will be one hundred times better than the Cardiff City Warnock left us.

It's just so boring that some things are going reasonably well but posters on here and now those writing in Walesonline refuse to see that and popular line is that everything is awful because the 90 minutes isn't so good.

An article name-dropping DoF seemingly without knowing how it could change things or saying 5 at the back is unattractive despite how the U23's play shouldn't be considered reflective of fanbase.

And yet the club need to know that's the popular line because they could lose the one thing that's been consistently good about the 90 minutes (full and loud Canton and full'ish rest of the stadium) since Warnock came in, but at the same time we're probably in a better position now (not more enjoyable - just better) than we've been for past 20 years which fans should recognise. Maybe it's only better because of how bad it has been but we are making better moves now which should filter down into the 90 minutes in the future.
    Sorry but where are you getting this hope from. What have you seen in McCarthy this season that possibly suggests any hint of the changes you see? The mind boggles with some people!

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Sorry but where are you getting this hope from. What have you seen in McCarthy this season that possibly suggests any hint of the changes you see? The mind boggles with some people!
    This. I don't understand why some people seem to think that we are about to be at the beginning of something new. We are stuck in the middle. Change will not come until someone at the club acknowledges this and takes action.

Do you think your views are “reflective of the fan base”?

With some, I find myself thinking that the problem with Peter may not be what he is saying about City, but the party he represents. You can picture the scene, Labour high command n Cardiff feel they’re going to be obliterated in eight months time n the local elections, so they hit upon getting a City supporting Councillor to write an article for Wales Online in which he criticises the team’s style of play as the means to turn around their fortunes - it’s too ludicrous for words!

What I’d accept is that Peter’s chances of having his article published might have been increased a bit by him being a Councillor, but having known him for twenty years or more, what he wrote was from the heart, not some barely believable political calculation where he is “throwing accusations around”.

They have published an article from a local councillor, who is also a Cardiff City fan. Of course it is his own opinions but the reason WOL have done a full main article on him is because he is a councillor. I am not criticising him for having his personal views. There is no way that WOL would have done this article if he wasn't a councillor.
    To be fair to Wales Online, they publish a weekly column by a City fan who has, very occasionally. got involved in club politics, but never in party politics as far as I know - I had a weekly column with them for eighteen months or so as well.

However, just about the only thing I’m in agreement with you about on Peter’s article is that his status as a Councillor may have helped when it came to getting it published.

How the club is run and the tactics the manager employs is not something a local councillor should get involved with, although in this case the blame probably mostly lies with WOL who, realising he was a councillor, saw an opportunity to make capital out of it, thereby giving the impression that he was speaking for all his electorate.
    According to you in the past, how the club is run and the manager's tactics are not things anyone should get involved with. We should all be nodding dogs.

I do think we need to try MM's traditional 442.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I like Peter a lot, but maybe he should concentrate on sorting his own house out (The City of Cardiff) before throwing accusations about.

Shame he was not more vocal about the current government’s over reach and lockstep policies ….. hardly any opposition to that is there ….

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Absolutely. I think he's been there even longer than that. I first met him around 2004 and I think he might have been a councillor then, though I could be wrong.
    I think the Lib Dems represented Caerau back then, Jacqui Gasson was the councillor for a long time. Bradbury won in 2012 when the Lib Dems got wiped out

Either way the idea he's doing it for publicity is a little silly and distract from the fair points he makes

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Do you think your views are “reflective of the fan base”?
    Not at all!

Blue Lewj makes the point that if the board sign players for Mick this off-season we might just be continuing the cycle of boring football - though Watkins was edged out recently so no guarantee that happens - and that they doubt Mick can play more exciting football, though the Walesonline article in OP disagrees with that.

If Mick is truly a pragmatic manager then football should be defined by players available. It's therefore encouraging that looking to recent past and near future we can see that the spine of the team changing by:

- Etheredge and Patterson being replaced by Phillips and Moore,
    - Flint and/or Morrison being replaced by McGuinness and/or Denham ("unlike their seniors, they were all pretty comfortable passing out from the back")
    - At least one of Pack, Ralls and Vaulks being replaced by Wintle ("chosen" by Neil Critchley, formerly Liverpool youth manager) and maybe Bowen.

It's encouraging to read things like "They have also, however, rather quietly been doing some other more progressive recruitment, bringing down the average age and wage of a creaking squad from the Warnock era, and adding more technicality to the team." about our side from QPR fans on LoftforWords and hear "I really like their signings, I really liked their signings last January as well - the recruitment is good" from Notthe20 podcast in pre-season.

Notthe20 asked whether Mick was the force of old and that plus injuries/covid/small squad might be where we're being let down now and next season too seeing as it's unlikely we buy him out of contract.

But I struggle to see how a side with U23's pleasing people with results and style, a genuine pathway for appearances into the first team and our recent senior signings being praised from outside doesn't have hope for the future. The one thing missing really is the 90minutes for the senior side, but how doesn't that change if other things are going reasonably well?

Not at all!

Blue Lewj makes the point that if the board sign players for Mick this off-season we might just be continuing the cycle of boring football - though Watkins was edged out recently so no guarantee that happens - and that they doubt Mick can play more exciting football, though the Walesonline article in OP disagrees with that.

If Mick is truly a pragmatic manager then football should be defined by players available. It's therefore encouraging that looking to recent past and near future we can see that the spine of the team changing by:

- Etheredge and Patterson being replaced by Phillips and Moore,
    - Flint and/or Morrison being replaced by McGuinness and/or Denham ("unlike their seniors, they were all pretty comfortable passing out from the back")
    - At least one of Pack, Ralls and Vaulks being replaced by Wintle ("chosen" by Neil Critchley, formerly Liverpool youth manager) and maybe Bowen.

It's encouraging to read things like "They have also, however, rather quietly been doing some other more progressive recruitment, bringing down the average age and wage of a creaking squad from the Warnock era, and adding more technicality to the team." about our side from QPR fans on LoftforWords and hear "I really like their signings, I really liked their signings last January as well - the recruitment is good" from Notthe20 podcast in pre-season.

Notthe20 asked whether Mick was the force of old and that plus injuries/covid/small squad might be where we're being let down now and next season too seeing as it's unlikely we buy him out of contract.

But I struggle to see how a side with U23's pleasing people with results and style, a genuine pathway for appearances into the first team and our recent senior signings being praised from outside doesn't have hope for the future. The one thing missing really is the 90minutes for the senior side, but how doesn't that change if other things are going reasonably well?
    That's a very rose tinted view if I may say so. You're making a huge assumption in thinking that McGuiness and Denham are going to help us become more of a passing side while also maintaining what have been pretty high defensive standards with Morrison and Flint.

It's the same in midfield where you're thinking that a player, who has never played at this level before this season and is not considered good enough for the moment to challenge for a first team place and a talented kid who is just getting into the first team can improve (because that's what we're talking here) on a midfield group that, for all that I moan about them, have got the experience of hundreds of Championship games between them,

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That's a very rose tinted view if I may say so. You're making a huge assumption in thinking that McGuiness and Denham are going to help us become more of a passing side while also maintaining what have been pretty high defensive standards with Morrison and Flint.

It's the same in midfield where you're thinking that a player, who has never played at this level before this season and is not considered good enough for the moment to challenge for a first team place and a talented kid who is just getting into the first team can improve (because that's what we're talking here) on a midfield group that, for all that I moan about them, have got the experience of hundreds of Championship games between them,
    I think it's very hard to predict whether things will become a success and, just like Arsenal, putting too much hope that kids with high potential will change things for the better can be a tricky path so I appreciate your post.

But one poster earlier asked why I got my hope from and hearing several positive comments about our youth system and our transfer business is my answer. John1959 said something I agree with in the 5 years' profit/loss thread (https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...ases-and-sales) and maybe them saying it in a less abrasive(?) manner allows people to see some encouraging moves are being made which hopefully will filter into the 90 minutes.

I think it's very hard to predict whether things will become a success and, just like Arsenal, putting too much hope that kids with high potential will change things for the better can be a tricky path so I appreciate your post.

But one poster earlier asked why I got my hope from and hearing several positive comments about our youth system and our transfer business is my answer. John1959 said something I agree with in the 5 years' profit/loss thread (https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...ases-and-sales) and maybe them saying it in a less abrasive(?) manner allows people to see some encouraging moves are being made which hopefully will filter into the 90 minutes.
    yeah I was thinking about the similarities with Arsenal the other day.
    they were in a great position but messed it up, and are now faced with a difficult task to get back to where they want to be.
    buying ready made elite talent is one way, but it's difficult, as you are competing with richer clubs for the same talent, and if one or two moves don't work out then suddenly your entire budget is blown for a year or so.
    concentrating on youth has its own risks but presumably arsenal see it as a better bet to get back to the champions League places than the alternative.

it feels like we are doing the same, but instead of champions League we are trying to get back to the top end championship/parachute payments etc.
    we can't compete with the finances of the other parachute payments clubs so we are having to try a longer term strategy

You are now posting quotes from me from totally different threads.
    I think you've finally lost it (assuming you ever had it to begin with).

For the record, I think we'll end up more like Nuno's Wolves than Bruno's.....
    For the record, I don't think City under McCarthy will end up anything like or anywhere near Wolves.

Let's get this straight - you're of the belief that City are moving in a different direction based on the views of a QPR fan and podcast?

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I might be), but City made three signings last January - Perry Ng, who looks a decent enough at this level, although his form in recent games has been a bit ropey, Max Watters, who looked like a fish out of water in a City shirt and has been loaned out to League One MK Dons, and Jonny Williams, who was totally useless. The podcaster was impressed by that?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Let's get this straight - you're of the belief that City are moving in a different direction based on the views of a QPR fan and podcast?

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I might be), but City made three signings last January - Perry Ng, who looks a decent enough at this level, although his form in recent games has been a bit ropey, Max Watters, who looked like a fish out of water in a City shirt and has been loaned out to League One MK Dons, and Jonny Williams, who was totally useless. The podcaster was impressed by that?
    He must have wet dreams over that podcast.