+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I hate the way my team play at the moment.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: I hate the way my team play at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That's a very rose tinted view if I may say so. You're making a huge assumption in thinking that McGuiness and Denham are going to help us become more of a passing side while also maintaining what have been pretty high defensive standards with Morrison and Flint.

It's the same in midfield where you're thinking that a player, who has never played at this level before this season and is not considered good enough for the moment to challenge for a first team place and a talented kid who is just getting into the first team can improve (because that's what we're talking here) on a midfield group that, for all that I moan about them, have got the experience of hundreds of Championship games between them,
    I think it's very hard to predict whether things will become a success and, just like Arsenal, putting too much hope that kids with high potential will change things for the better can be a tricky path so I appreciate your post.

But one poster earlier asked why I got my hope from and hearing several positive comments about our youth system and our transfer business is my answer. John1959 said something I agree with in the 5 years' profit/loss thread (https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...ases-and-sales) and maybe them saying it in a less abrasive(?) manner allows people to see some encouraging moves are being made which hopefully will filter into the 90 minutes.

Re: I hate the way my team play at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I think it's very hard to predict whether things will become a success and, just like Arsenal, putting too much hope that kids with high potential will change things for the better can be a tricky path so I appreciate your post.

But one poster earlier asked why I got my hope from and hearing several positive comments about our youth system and our transfer business is my answer. John1959 said something I agree with in the 5 years' profit/loss thread (https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...ases-and-sales) and maybe them saying it in a less abrasive(?) manner allows people to see some encouraging moves are being made which hopefully will filter into the 90 minutes.
    yeah I was thinking about the similarities with Arsenal the other day.
    they were in a great position but messed it up, and are now faced with a difficult task to get back to where they want to be.
    buying ready made elite talent is one way, but it's difficult, as you are competing with richer clubs for the same talent, and if one or two moves don't work out then suddenly your entire budget is blown for a year or so.
    concentrating on youth has its own risks but presumably arsenal see it as a better bet to get back to the champions League places than the alternative.

it feels like we are doing the same, but instead of champions League we are trying to get back to the top end championship/parachute payments etc.
    we can't compete with the finances of the other parachute payments clubs so we are having to try a longer term strategy