+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It comes as no surprise that MM has failed

It comes as no surprise that MM has failed

A lot of people were unimpressed when this journeyman was taken on right at the the start. The wheels falling off and the freefall hasn't really come as a surprise and was more a question of when rather than if.

Re: It comes as no surprise that MM has failed

I disagree, I think as a short term appointment most I spoke to thought it was a great appointment and gave the club time to find the right manager to put us going in a new direction.

As usual tho the club panicked and thought he would go to celtic (no doubt a rumour started by his agent) and gave him a 2 year deal. That's where they let us down.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    A lot of people were unimpressed when this journeyman was taken on right at the the start. The wheels falling off and the freefall hasn't really come as a surprise and was more a question of when rather than if.
    The winning EuroMillions numbers are: 6, 7, 12, 33 and 39, Lucky Stars 1 and 7.

....****in knew it'd be 6, 7, 12, 33 and 39, Lucky Stars 1 and 7.

I’m one of the ones who wasn’t impressed from the outset, but then again our board don’t have the best record with managerial appointments, do they.

Micks agent took the mick out of the club. As if Celtic would employ Mick McCarthy. And now I'm convinced Mick is trying to get sacked so he can get his contract paid off. Will go down as one of the worst Cardiff City managers ever.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I disagree, I think as a short term appointment most I spoke to thought it was a great appointment and gave the club time to find the right manager to put us going in a new direction.

As usual tho the club panicked and thought he would go to celtic (no doubt a rumour started by his agent) and gave him a 2 year deal. That's where they let us down.
    He was never a ‘great’ appointment. Nearly everyone was taken by surprise by such an underwhelming choice of new manager but we were somewhat placated firstly as it was announced as a short term hire and secondly when he got the team winning again.

I don’t remember one single person claiming that his appointment was great. We were more confused, if anything.

I do agree with Danny Gabbidon that MM has been given very little backing in terms of bringing in quality additions which we needed .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I do agree with Danny Gabbidon that MM has been given very little backing in terms of bringing in quality additions which we needed .
    A decent manager can very often knock the existing players into shape, that’s the mark of a good manager, turning the fortunes around with the same personnel.

Feedback

MM has coached the natural ability the squad have out of the side. It's,woeful.

Just let them play football

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    That's the situation for most championship clubs, we don't have money to throw around and I'm sure Mick knew that coming into the job.

Nothing excuses the lineup today, the current wing back set up is bad enough with two full backs being forced to play there let alone two CBs playing there. He's a dinosaur

It was such an obvious mistake to offer him that two-year deal. I never wanted him here, but even if we get rid, the club still has the bigger problems higher up the food chain.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    A decent manager can very often knock the existing players into shape, that’s the mark of a good manager, turning the fortunes around with the same personnel.
    Didn't Mick do that :coat:

Mate of mine is best mates with Choos cousin and he reckons they are talking to Alan Pardew.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Mate of mine is best mates with Choos cousin and he reckons they are talking to Alan Pardew.
    Might as well talk to Alan Partridge

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    He was never a ‘great’ appointment. Nearly everyone was taken by surprise by such an underwhelming choice of new manager but we were somewhat placated firstly as it was announced as a short term hire and secondly when he got the team winning again.

I don’t remember one single person claiming that his appointment was great. We were more confused, if anything.
    OK maybe not great but I was more than happy for them to bring someone like MM in for a few months to steady the ship to allow them not to rush an appointment and take the time to get the right guy to move us forward, to me that sounded like a great plan.