+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Usyk vs Joshua/Fury vs Wilder

Re: Usyk vs Joshua/Fury vs Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Eddie " Joshua has the best resume of any recent heavyweight" then names Charles Martin.😂😂😂
    Sure I've seen it published somewhere that Joshua has fought the better opponents when it's worked out. Might need to Google this...

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Sure I've seen it published somewhere that Joshua has fought the better opponents when it's worked out. Might need to Google this...
    He has. I think the laughter was at the Charles Martin mention who basically struck it lucky after Fury was stripped.

Charles Martin is possibly the worst Champion in Heavyweight history.

I think he included Dominic Brezeale as well who Wilder kod in 1.

Joshua apart from fighting Fury and Wilder. Who I think the Ring would have as 1 and 3 in the world has taken on the best of whats available otherwise.

His best win though is an ageing well past his best Klitshko. A good win over Whyte but a lot of over the hill ageing fighters as well like Pulev and Povetkin.

Its really hard to judge how good he is and that loss to Ruiz is a bad loss on the resume.

However its not his fault the division is relatively poor but id question not getting the Wilder fight before Fury came back.

Joshua apart from fighting Fury and Wilder. Who I think the Ring would have as 1 and 3 in the world has taken on the best of whats available otherwise.

His best win though is an ageing well past his best Klitshko. A good win over Whyte but a lot of over the hill ageing fighters as well like Pulev and Povetkin.

Its really hard to judge how good he is and that loss to Ruiz is a bad loss on the resume.

However its not his fault the division is relatively poor but id question not getting the Wilder fight before Fury came back.
    Weren't Aj Klitschko just 18 months after the fury fight? One danced away and the other went head into it getting a massive KO after being dragged through deep waters?

Otto wallin, Tom schwartz, francesco Pianeta, sefer seferi, Christian Hamer.

Ageing AJ opponents yes, but you could argue they are still better than the lot named above.

Weren't Aj Klitschko just 18 months after the fury fight? One danced away and the other went head into it getting a massive KO after being dragged through deep waters?

Otto wallin, Tom schwartz, francesco Pianeta, sefer seferi, Christian Hamer.

Ageing AJ opponents yes, but you could argue they are still better than the lot named above.
    Yes of course you can argue that. The big one with Fury is the 2 Wilder fights and he beat a slightly younger Klitshko comfortably.

Plus he hasnt got a very bad stoppage defeat on his record.

Joshua did start boxing later than Fury so there is the potential he can improve again where Fury the way hes lived his life could find that catches up with him.

As it stands I think the best Fury weve seen deals with the best Joshua weve seen.

As it stands I think the best Fury weve seen deals with the best Joshua weve seen.
    I agree with this but in terms of reputation I think Fury gets away pretty lightly for the fact that he's been a champion twice and never defended it

They made the offer to Wilder. Wilder said to Fury that he could have made so much more fighting Joshua but took less to fight Fury.

Hearn jumped all over it at the time on Twitter.

Yes of course you can argue that. The big one with Fury is the 2 Wilder fights and he beat a slightly younger Klitshko comfortably.

Plus he hasnt got a very bad stoppage defeat on his record.

Joshua did start boxing later than Fury so there is the potential he can improve again where Fury the way hes lived his life could find that catches up with him.

Did he beat Klitshko comfortably though? I remember it being a terrible fight but thought the points decision was close?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Did he beat Klitshko comfortably though? I remember it being a terrible fight but thought the points decision was close?
    2 judges gave it to Fury by 3 rounds 1 by 5.

It was an awful watch but a unanimous decision away from home not troubled was relativity comfortable. A lot of Furys fights have been boring.

Yeah the Joshua fight was great entertainment. Great fight.

Fury is great in making many think he beat a prime Klitschko and Joshua knocked out a washed up old man.

The time between both fights (bear in mind that Fury-Klitschko 2 was set up and fell through also), 15 months.

That may have been the case though I think Wilder and his team seriously underestimated Fury and thought theyd have an easy night of it. With Fury beaten hed have been in a much better bargaining position for the unification and the fight is suddenly bigger. I doubt Eddie was offering a 50-50 split either.

Sadly this is what happens with different champions with different promoters TV deals etc.

Joshua / Wilder should have happened years ago. I think its likely it will never happen.

Lewis v Bowe a huge fight which fans were robbed of.

Sorry my reply above was meant to be a reply to Lewj and the Hearn offer.

Feckin hell I want to watch this must tell myself not to buy it.

That may have been the case though I think Wilder and his team seriously underestimated Fury and thought theyd have an easy night of it. With Fury beaten hed have been in a much better bargaining position for the unification and the fight is suddenly bigger. I doubt Eddie was offering a 50-50 split either.

Sadly this is what happens with different champions with different promoters TV deals etc.

Joshua / Wilder should have happened years ago. I think its likely it will never happen.

Lewis v Bowe a huge fight which fans were robbed of.
    Definitely think Wilder and his camp thought the fury fight would be easy work after his breakdown, weight gain and time out of the ring.

Im not buying into the Usyk hype either. He made Bellew look like Floyd Mayweather for a few rounds. Good fighter no doubt but just how good I dont know.

However I dont think AJ is that great either.

Great fighters lose and come back but that defeat to Ruiz was an embarrassment.

Basically run and jabbed his way to a points win which was an ok performance.

I think AJ will probably win on points.

Wilder is a one trick pony but its one hell of a weapon.

I think Fury stops him again though.

Then Fury outclasses and stops Joshua.
    AJ to win on points, is the least likely outcome in both fights imo.
    I think he has to stop Usyk to win.
    Usyk is by far the better boxer.
    As for the Fury Wilder fight, i think the only way Wilder can win, is if Fury is complacent.

Joshua in at 240lb.
    Usyk 221lb

Strange decision for AJ to come in so low.
    If he thinks he’s going to have it on his toes like he did against Ruiz in Saudi...he’s mistaken.

One of Usyk’s biggest assets is his ring generalship.
    He’s got the footwork to cut off AJ from running IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Joshua in at 240lb.
    Usyk 221lb

Strange decision for AJ to come in so low.
    If he thinks he’s going to have it on his toes like he did against Ruiz in Saudi...he’s mistaken.

One of Usyk’s biggest assets is his ring generalship.
    He’s got the footwork to cut off AJ from running IMO.
    Could it be about his own stamina and not just to have it on his toes..

That's what I imagined. Usyk's going to be a constantly moving target and he doesn't want to gas early

Quite possibly as he is known to gas middle to late rounds.

It’s surprising to me though and plays into Usyk’s hands IMO.
    It’s all about if he can keep Usyk out of the pocket and punishing him trying to get there.

He’s still 19lb heavier though with a massive reach advantage.

Intriguing fight!!

Intriguing indeed. Actually looking forward to this fight hope it doesn't disappoint.

Yes delme he's gassed early a few times, probably a smart move but who knows may be different with hindsight..

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Quite possibly as he is known to gas middle to late rounds.

It’s surprising to me though and plays into Usyk’s hands IMO.
    It’s all about if he can keep Usyk out of the pocket and punishing him trying to get there.

He’s still 19lb heavier though with a massive reach advantage.

Intriguing fight!!
    If Usyk fights like he did against Chirora i think Joshua will beat him in six

If Usyk fights like he did against Chirora i think Joshua will beat him in six
    Nah, I don't think that Joshua has the speed or reaction to catch usyk with a combo. I fancy this to be a close one, although if you're right Stan, I'll be the first to say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Nah, I don't think that Joshua has the speed or reaction to catch usyk with a combo. I fancy this to be a close one, although if you're right Stan, I'll be the first to say so.
    Chisora caused problems and i think i read that the fella in the fight before did to? Chisora was just throwing a big right hand whereas Aj isn't a bad boxer with a decent jab. I think Joshua finishes this by 6

Chisora caused problems and i think i read that the fella in the fight before did to? Chisora was just throwing a big right hand whereas Aj isn't a bad boxer with a decent jab. I think Joshua finishes this by 6
    In my opinion, Chisora didn't cause Usyk that many problems, although you're right, he was throwing massive hooks and charging about the ring like a bull, until he gassed, then usyk started picking his shots. AJ is a much better fighter than Chisora, more measured and better in every respect. I think that AJ might fight tactically, which could suit Usyk, as i think that he's very intelligent, more intelligent than Joshua. Although, it could be over in 6-Who knows