Thread: Usyk vs Joshua/Fury vs Wilder

Re: Usyk vs Joshua/Fury vs Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    So he was rocked then. Not ****ed.
    He was ****ed by the end though 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    No he looked ****ed when he was rocked.

I'm no AJ fan but I am after tonight because I thought he dug in and I didn't think he had it in him.
    I've followed AJ because of the way he's been plastered over the TV since day one, I thought he would outpower him in the end, and after the first few rounds I thought he was easing into it, Usyk kept coming.

Enjoyed the fight I like what I saw, and yes fair play to AJ he stuck in there Usyk caught him at leisure in the end.

Well happy with that. The robot was schooled. If Usyk had a little more on his punches that would've been over in 3. I hope Joshua doesn't take the rematch, it'll just be more pain for him, although worse because he's limited. Usyk is a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Well happy with that. The robot was schooled. If Usyk had a little more on his punches that would've been over in 3. I hope Joshua doesn't take the rematch, it'll just be more pain for him, although worse because he's limited. Usyk is a genius.
    Only fury standing in his way

Fury has a similar style to Usyk. If they fought, there wouldn't be a knockout. Maybe Fury on points, he's 6ft9 as well, 7inches taller than usyk, although usyk has such adaptability and ring intelligence. I'm really pleased that Usyk won, and i fancied him. Nothing better than seeing a boxing masterclass.

To add, it just got much more difficult for Fury.

If anyone thinks Joshua v Fury is a competitive fight after that showing tonight they need to give their heads a wobble

Was an enjoyable fight and the right man won. Glad it was reflected in the score cards as well, even if Howard Forster was predictably closer than anyone else..

AJ didn't take advantage of his size, the size difference between Usyk and Fury will obviously be greater as well and may play into it more with the height and reach advantage, Usyk wasn't much smaller than AJ was he.

I'd fancy usyk to give fury the runaround as well, I think he is better at it than fury if I'm being blunt.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    If anyone thinks Joshua v Fury is a competitive fight after that showing tonight they need to give their heads a wobble
    I have always thought it could be, with AJ being better than Wilder so giving him more to think about, but on that evidence he smashes him just like he did wilder.

A Fury/Usyk fight would be so intriguing.
    2 heavyweights who are more renowned for their boxing skills rather than throwing big heavy knockout bombs.
    If Usyk could beat Fury, it would be a fantastic achievement.

Was an enjoyable fight and the right man won. Glad it was reflected in the score cards as well, even if Howard Forster was predictably closer than anyone else..

AJ didn't take advantage of his size, the size difference between Usyk and Fury will obviously be greater as well and may play into it more with the height and reach advantage, Usyk wasn't much smaller than AJ was he.

I'd fancy usyk to give fury the runaround as well, I think he is better at it than fury if I'm being blunt.
    AJ is stupid, can't fight on the inside and couldn't take advantage of a 10 inch reach advantage. Another thing, does anyone think that the bell went early at the end of the 12th? It certainlt seemed like it.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    2 heavyweights who are more renowned for their boxing skills rather than throwing big heavy knockout bombs.
    Yup, there'd be so many feints that it would have to be judged by a mime artist.

Yup, there'd be so many feints that it would have to be judged by a mime artist.
    😂👍

Joshua failed to utilise any of his physical advantages. Seemed scared to let the right hand go and was tentative with the jab. I think hes gun shy after the Ruiz defeat

Hes lucky the Fury match never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Oh dear

Another plus. Ive criticised Sky and while we still had to put up with Adam Smith there was good punditry from Eubank Jnr and Josh Taylor tonight.

Far better than Anthony i just want to go home to my wife and kids Bellew and others who just lick Skys backside.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Joshua failed to utilise any of his physical advantages. Seemed scared to let the right hand go and was tentative with the jab. I think hes gun shy after the Ruiz defeat

Hes lucky the Fury match never happened.
    He knows that he can get chinned. Fury would've had him out in three rounds.

A beautiful display of a boxer against an athlete.

I’m not sure if I have displayed my disdain for Joshua/Hearn clearly enough on this thread...but I’m delighted with the performance and the result.

Usyk is wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Oh dear
    Pissed again?

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    A beautiful display of a boxer against an athlete.

I’m not sure if I have displayed my disdain for Joshua/Hearn clearly enough on this thread...but I’m delighted with the performance and the result.

Usyk is wonderful!

I also thought that it was essential for Usyk to get in to the pocket.
    I can’t believe that there was zero need inside exchanges.

One word for AJ..... "Mechanical.. just like Bruno.

There's boxers, there's athletes and there's fighters. Joshua to me is an athlete and not much more.

These promoters like Hearn (who I really cannot warm to, didn't care for his old man much either) and all the "experts" who are only bigging it up because they are all on the payroll. There was a bloke pre-fight (name i didn't recognise) commentator who, in his "excitement", mentioned that more people worldwide would be watching Joshua saying something along the lines of "more people have watched Anthony Joshua box than, I'm not sure if its a record, but more than the great Muhammad Ali", all in the name of getting people forking out crazy money.

Joshua in the same breath as Ali, feckin mugs, the lot of 'em, I turned it straight off!

Bluebirds!!!

Fury has a similar style to Usyk. If they fought, there wouldn't be a knockout. Maybe Fury on points, he's 6ft9 as well, 7inches taller than usyk, although usyk has such adaptability and ring intelligence. I'm really pleased that Usyk won, and i fancied him. Nothing better than seeing a boxing masterclass.
    There would be a knockout and it would be Fury knocking out AJ. Punches harder than Usyk and Fury v AJ would be over inside 8 in my eyes (and that's me being generous).

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Another plus. Ive criticised Sky and while we still had to put up with Adam Smith there was good punditry from Eubank Jnr and Josh Taylor tonight.

Far better than Anthony i just want to go home to my wife and kids Bellew and others who just lick Skys backside.
    Agree with this. I'm really warming to Eubank Jr after watching him and his old man on Gogglebox and now the punditry.

Usyk won and deservedly so.

You've got to love the after the event experts on here and elsewhere on social media. They knew all along and the same people who would be team AJ had he won are now blasting him.