+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Usyk vs Joshua/Fury vs Wilder

Re: Usyk vs Joshua/Fury vs Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Usyk won and deservedly so.

You've got to love the after the event experts on here and elsewhere on social media. They knew all along and the same people who would be team AJ had he won are now blasting him.
    That’s a bit harsh. I thought most of the comments on here pre fight, and after, were quite balanced and considered.

Usyk did the business , shocked as I thought AJ had enough to win a tough bout .

Usyk was well prepared and focused, reminds me of another cruiserweight who stepped up Mr Holyfield

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Usyk did the business , shocked as I thought AJ had enough to win a tough bout .

Usyk was well prepared and focused, reminds me of another cruiserweight who stepped up Mr Holyfield
    Delighted that Usyk did the business on Joshua and surprised me to be honest, Joshua reminded me of a typical football manager, he was far too frightened to go and win the contest focussing solely on trying not to lose the contest, he didn't even do enough to convince the judges that they could give a bent decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    AJ is stupid, can't fight on the inside and couldn't take advantage of a 10 inch reach advantage. Another thing, does anyone think that the bell went early at the end of the 12th? It certainlt seemed like it.
    Yeah I thought it was weird he didn't keep his distance and use his jab more effectively. He is stupid you are right.

The bell, according to comments I've seen online the official bell is what they go off and the TV one isn't accurate.. Apparently..

You've got to love the after the event experts on here and elsewhere on social media. They knew all along and the same people who would be team AJ had he won are now blasting him.
    Ahem... I predicted that Usyk would start fast-He Did. I predicted that Joshua was too slow to catch Usyk with Combinations-He didn't. I also said to stan that Joshua wouldn't get usyk out in 6-He didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Ahem... I predicted that Usyk would start fast-He Did. I predicted that Joshua was too slow to catch Usyk with Combinations-He didn't. I also said to stan that Joshua wouldn't get usyk out in 6-He didn't.
    Fury / Wilder next another shock due perhaps ??

Wilder v Usyk ,Wilder wins becomes world champ ???

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    One word for AJ..... "Mechanical.. just like Bruno.

There's boxers, there's athletes and there's fighters. Joshua to me is an athlete and not much more.

These promoters like Hearn (who I really cannot warm to, didn't care for his old man much either) and all the "experts" who are only bigging it up because they are all on the payroll. There was a bloke pre-fight (name i didn't recognise) commentator who, in his "excitement", mentioned that more people worldwide would be watching Joshua saying something along the lines of "more people have watched Anthony Joshua box than, I'm not sure if its a record, but more than the great Muhammad Ali", all in the name of getting people forking out crazy money.

Joshua in the same breath as Ali, feckin mugs, the lot of 'em, I turned it straight off!

Bluebirds!!!
    Its not about Joshua in the same breath as Ali though. With the Internet and TV being more widely available it wouldn't be surprising if he has.

Wilder is worse than AJ. No.

You are awful confrontational.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    You are awful confrontational.
    Not really.

Check social media. Fights of this nature always has them. Fighter wins, flavour of the month. Fighter loses, didn't like him anyway and they all knew he had limitations.

Not really.

Check social media. Fights of this nature always has them. Fighter wins, flavour of the month. Fighter loses, didn't like him anyway and they all knew he had limitations.
    Don't use it.

Don't use it.
    Probably for the best if you think I'm confrontational.

Wilder is worse than AJ. No.
    I think AJ has more ability than Wilder. But if he fights like that against a fighter who is not known for punching power against a huge puncher like Wilder he will be in serious trouble.

I think if AJ wants to seriously challenge Usyk , Wilder , Fury he probably needs to change trainer first.

I have no idea what the tactical thinking was last night but id love an explanation of why he wasnt letting the right hand go with power. He landed it once and Usyk took it well but land it 5 , 6 , 7 times and that has an effect.

But no nothing and loads of experts say he looked gun shy. If hes gun shy v Usyk then whats he going to be like v Wilder?

Probably for the best if you think I'm confrontational.
    I have used it.

And you do seem argumentative.

Is this going to be another 40 message exchange now or can we let this one slide away... As its not gonna go nowhere. You. Can even have the last word as you love that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think AJ has more ability than Wilder. But if he fights like that against a fighter who is not known for punching power against a huge puncher like Wilder he will be in serious trouble.

I think if AJ wants to seriously challenge Usyk , Wilder , Fury he probably needs to change trainer first.

I have no idea what the tactical thinking was last night but id love an explanation of why he wasnt letting the right hand go with power. He landed it once and Usyk took it well but land it 5 , 6 , 7 times and that has an effect.

But no nothing and loads of experts say he looked gun shy. If hes gun shy v Usyk then whats he going to be like v Wilder?
    Scared of getting countered. Did the same in the Ruiz re match.

I think the Ruiz loss has had a much bigger impact on Joshua than it first seemed. He appeared very gun shy.

It worked against Ruiz in the rematch because staying on the outside and cagey was exactly what was needed.

He needed to let his hands go more against Usyk because he wasn't going to outbox him, especially without the jab being utilised to the fullest.

I doubt that will happen. But Wilder lands that right hand on anyone and theyve got problems.

I think Fury will finish him thougn.

I have used it.

And you do seem argumentative.

Is this going to be another 40 message exchange now or can we let this one slide away... As its not gonna go nowhere. You. Can even have the last word as you love that too.
    I seem argumentative on here because I think we've got a lot of people who can't see what is happening to our football club. If you point it out you're a Jack Bed Wetting negative poster who wants to bring the club to its knees.

The happy clappers either deny it is happening, make out the future is rosey and we have a plan which is just cost cutting in every way or just put their heads in the sand. There are a few now who have gone into hiding. I'd seriously like to hear their feedback on what is being served up. I genuinely would.

As for the boxing experts who knew the result all along but only choose to tell us after they've seen the result, I've always thought they're idiots. It's nothing new.

I've never really understood the vitriol towards AJ (not so much on this thread which mostly seems to be fair critiques of where he stands and how good he is compared to the hype) but there's a lot of people out there who HATE him, most of them British.

Never understood that, he's a very good boxer who wants to be the best. Turns out he's not as good as the very best but he's still a damn good boxer, you don't win an Olympic gold and heavyweight titles without having something about you. He's always respectful of his opponents before and after the fight, he's admitted the best man won last night and his reaction is that he wants to try and improve. Seems like a genuinely decent guy yet he gets a lot of hate, I've never understood it.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I've never really understood the vitriol towards AJ (not so much on this thread which mostly seems to be fair critiques of where he stands and how good he is compared to the hype) but there's a lot of people out there who HATE him, most of them British.

Never understood that, he's a very good boxer who wants to be the best. Turns out he's not as good as the very best but he's still a damn good boxer, you don't win an Olympic gold and heavyweight titles without having something about you. He's always respectful of his opponents before and after the fight, he's admitted the best man won last night and his reaction is that he wants to try and improve. Seems like a genuinely decent guy yet he gets a lot of hate, I've never understood it.
    It seems the British way to build up a person so that we can drag them down.

We also seem to conveniently forget their achievements while doing so.

Pubs are always full for his fights round here, obviously you then have the tyson fans who are entitled to dislike him. I don't mind bith fighters, some people only follow one.

I dont think its AJ. Its Eddie Hearn and the constant bullshit he spouts.

The way hes put average shows on PPV is a disgrace. Hes one of the reasons I cancelled Sky Sports. Any top cards and some even not top are PPV.

I don’t know anyone that hates AJ?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I don’t know anyone that hates AJ?
    I know a few, but have a look on Twitter

I don't pay much attention to boxing, but I HATE Anthony Joshua because of his part in the Sky VIP advert.

"Sky V I Peeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Grrrrrrrr.