+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Usyk vs Joshua/Fury vs Wilder

Usyk vs Joshua/Fury vs Wilder

Haven't seen a thread on this yet.

AJ's got his work cut out I think, Usyk's very capable of winning on points. AJ seems to have slimmed down a bit which is either very clever in preparation for a man he might have to chase for 12 rounds. Or looked at another way he might be preparing to box a far superior boxer and he should have stayed big and tried to walk him down with his power.

I did have Fury to beat Wilder all day long but, and maybe I'm just getting caught up in the pre fight talk, I'm not so sure now.

Wilder seems focused beyond belief and Fury's been out of the game for a long time and he's not one to keep himself fit. I know he's brought himself back before but he's not getting any younger and I wonder if a little bit of complacency might kick in after how easy it was last time

Re: Usyk vs Joshua/Fury vs Wilder

Fury might have to watch it , Wilder does seem more up for it, I would not underestimate a man that has such a destructive right hand , it has taken out 41 boxers ,if it lands look out .

I think AJ learned a big lesson Andy Ruiz Jr , however delmbox points out Usyk's is very capable , but I think AJ will spark him out .

What price on two knockouts ,Wilder & AJ within 5 rounds ?

I dont buy into usyk being this boxing machine. He couldn't dominate chisora, didnt dominate bellew when boxing who are 2 levels down from AJ.

I dont see AJ as a massive puncher but he throws fast. He was so dominate in the rematch with ruiz who is a very good boxer, first few rounds will be interesting to see if he can hurt him.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Haven't seen a thread on this yet.

AJ's got his work cut out I think, Usyk's very capable of winning on points. AJ seems to have slimmed down a bit which is either very clever in preparation for a man he might have to chase for 12 rounds. Or looked at another way he might be preparing to box a far superior boxer and he should have stayed big and tried to walk him down with his power.

I did have Fury to beat Wilder all day long but, and maybe I'm just getting caught up in the pre fight talk, I'm not so sure now.

Wilder seems focused beyond belief and Fury's been out of the game for a long time and he's not one to keep himself fit. I know he's brought himself back before but he's not getting any younger and I wonder if a little bit of complacency might kick in after how easy it was last time
    Usyk will have to win by a wide margin in order to get a decision in the UK and on one of Uncle Eddie's cards. Fury will batter wilder. Wilder can't box, fury has taken his best shots and beaten him twice. Shouldn't even be a trilogy. Fury had Wilders number.Also, Wilder should have taken a warm up fight after the beating he took.

I hope usyk beats Joshua. My prediction is that usyk will start quickly. Joshua will hopefully gas out.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I dont buy into usyk being this boxing machine. He couldn't dominate chisora, didnt dominate bellew when boxing who are 2 levels down from AJ.

I dont see AJ as a massive puncher but he throws fast. He was so dominate in the rematch with ruiz who is a very good boxer, first few rounds will be interesting to see if he can hurt him.
    Usyk dominated Bellew for the final 3 rounds of that fight, softened him and brutally knocked Anthony spark out.

Im not buying into the Usyk hype either. He made Bellew look like Floyd Mayweather for a few rounds. Good fighter no doubt but just how good I dont know.

However I dont think AJ is that great either.

Great fighters lose and come back but that defeat to Ruiz was an embarrassment.

Basically run and jabbed his way to a points win which was an ok performance.

I think AJ will probably win on points.

Wilder is a one trick pony but its one hell of a weapon.

I think Fury stops him again though.

Then Fury outclasses and stops Joshua.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Usyk dominated Bellew for the final 3 rounds of that fight, softened him and brutally knocked Anthony spark out.
    But that was half the fight and bellew is not a good fighter. He couldn't hurt Cleverley and managed to just about beat haye on 1 leg.

First Team

Both fights are too close to call in my opinion.

Usk is an excellent technician and despite the questions about the size differential he is hardly a blown up middleweight . Joshua is the bigger hitter and has worked hard on his ring craft since the surprise stoppage against Ruiz. I would probably back AJ on balance as he is more likely to win by a stoppage, on paper, and has home advantage .

The Wilder v Fury fight is even harder to call. Mainly because we have no idea what Fury will turn up ,a fit and motivated one or one who has crash dieted and flogged himself to get into shape. Against that he is blatantly a better boxer than Wilder who has previously been wild and a bit of a one trick pony.

However, what a one trick and if Fury drops his concentration then he may well be knocked out.

I’m going to back Fury, but by the slimmest of margins ,on the basis that he has Wilders number after the first two fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Both fights are too close to call in my opinion.

Usk is an excellent technician and despite the questions about the size differential he is hardly a blown up middleweight . Joshua is the bigger hitter and has worked hard on his ring craft since the surprise stoppage against Ruiz. I would probably back AJ on balance as he is more likely to win by a stoppage, on paper, and has home advantage .

The Wilder v Fury fight is even harder to call. Mainly because we have no idea what Fury will turn up ,a fit and motivated one or one who has crash dieted and flogged himself to get into shape. Against that he is blatantly a better boxer than Wilder who has previously been wild and a bit of a one trick pony.

However, what a one trick and if Fury drops his concentration then he may well be knocked out.

I’m going to back Fury, but by the slimmest of margins ,on the basis that he has Wilders number after the first two fights.
    This is basically how I see it

Usyk will have to win by a wide margin in order to get a decision in the UK and on one of Uncle Eddie's cards. Fury will batter wilder. Wilder can't box, fury has taken his best shots and beaten him twice. Shouldn't even be a trilogy. Fury had Wilders number.Also, Wilder should have taken a warm up fight after the beating he took.

I hope usyk beats Joshua. My prediction is that usyk will start quickly. Joshua will hopefully gas out.
    Usyk seems like a likeable guy but I like Joshua, hope he beats Usyk then smashes Fury (although I think Fury definitely wins that one)

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    But that was half the fight and bellew is not a good fighter. He couldn't hurt Cleverley and managed to just about beat haye on 1 leg.
    I see that fight differently. In my opinion, usyk was just getting a feel for Bellew. At no point in that fight did I think that Bellew had a chance. When usyk decided to step on the gas, he started to take Bellew apart, almost Knocking him out at the end of the 5th? Usyk is clever, he has that on his side, I hope he beats Joshua, although that could be difficult.

Usyk is a marvelous boxer it was a thing of beauty to see him dismantle Anthony.
    Some cruisers can step up, sadly I think that Usyk has been shown to be too small at heavy.

I think AJ stops him late.

AJ beats Usyk comfortably for me and Fury beats Wilder comfortably again. AJ and Fury too big and fast for them

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    AJ beats Usyk comfortably for me and Fury beats Wilder comfortably again. AJ and Fury too big and fast for them
    I don't think that AJ will be too fast for Usyk.

I don't think that AJ will be too fast for Usyk.
    Yeah much less so than Fury, hard to hit then, although Usyk has the technical skills. I think Fury will have an easier night than AJ will

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Yeah much less so than Fury, hard to hit then, although Usyk has the technical skills. I think Fury will have an easier night than AJ will
    I hope you're right. I don't mind Joshua, just don't like Hearn. I just hope that it's a really good fight. Need to take a look what's on the undercard.

I hope you're right. I don't mind Joshua, just don't like Hearn. I just hope that it's a really good fight. Need to take a look what's on the undercard.
    It’s a pretty poor undercard.

Just watched a few Usyk interviews.
    He is amazingly funny and relaxed, it must be hard not to like the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    It’s a pretty poor undercard.

Just watched a few Usyk interviews.
    He is amazingly funny and relaxed, it must be hard not to like the guy.
    Yeah, those eyes

I think Usyk has a lot of skill but realises that he doesn't have the power to hurt Joshua on most occasions. You could get the odd Andy Ruiz shock but they are few and far between. So basically I think Usyk tries to move Joshua around in an attempt to outbox him and win on points or steps it up if Joshua shows any sign of gassing. I believe this is why Joshua has lost the weight, so that he doesn't gas or limits the chance of that happening.
    I'd also hazard a guess that Joshua still feels at that weight he has the power to get Usyk out of there if he feels there is chance at any stage.
    It is an interesting one though no doubt.

The Fury-Wilder fight I can see going in a similar way if Fury is right for the fight. Wilder will be almost 36 by the time the fight happens and time waits for no man but he has that equaliser in that he can finish it with one punch. Fury blasts off with a high work rate from the off and pushes Wilder out of his comfort zone, which we all know is back foot and waiting to land that big shot, and I think Fury wins again. I think this one is more dependant on how well prepared Fury is rather than what skills Wilder has. A fully prepared and fit Fury has Wilder's number.

It is heavyweight boxing though and if we are posting on here after both fights about Usyk beating AJ on points and how Wilder caught an under prepared Fury and knocked him cold then it wouldn't be totally out of the realms of possibility.

Its a desparately poor undercard.

Callum Smith and Lawrence Okolie both huge odds on favourites against what look no hopers. Ricky Hattons boy Campbell who if he wasnt Ricky Hattons son would be fighting in some small hall card with no TV coverage.

A poor show apart from the main event.

Hearns last show for Sky I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I think Usyk has a lot of skill but realises that he doesn't have the power to hurt Joshua on most occasions. You could get the odd Andy Ruiz shock but they are few and far between. So basically I think Usyk tries to move Joshua around in an attempt to outbox him and win on points or steps it up if Joshua shows any sign of gassing. I believe this is why Joshua has lost the weight, so that he doesn't gas or limits the chance of that happening.
    I'd also hazard a guess that Joshua still feels at that weight he has the power to get Usyk out of there if he feels there is chance at any stage.
    It is an interesting one though no doubt.

The Fury-Wilder fight I can see going in a similar way if Fury is right for the fight. Wilder will be almost 36 by the time the fight happens and time waits for no man but he has that equaliser in that he can finish it with one punch. Fury blasts off with a high work rate from the off and pushes Wilder out of his comfort zone, which we all know is back foot and waiting to land that big shot, and I think Fury wins again. I think this one is more dependant on how well prepared Fury is rather than what skills Wilder has. A fully prepared and fit Fury has Wilder's number.

It is heavyweight boxing though and if we are posting on here after both fights about Usyk beating AJ on points and how Wilder caught an under prepared Fury and knocked him cold then it wouldn't be totally out of the realms of possibility.
    Agree with most of this. Joshuas weight loss has to be because they think its likely to be a long one. If Usyks chin is able to stand up to Joshuas big shots then stands landing his own then this could get interesting.

I think on a Eddie Hearn card in the UK Usyk is going to have to force a stoppage or floor Joshua a few times. I dont see many if any close rounds going Usyks way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Agree with most of this. Joshuas weight loss has to be because they think its likely to be a long one. If Usyks chin is able to stand up to Joshuas big shots then stands landing his own then this could get interesting.

I think on a Eddie Hearn card in the UK Usyk is going to have to force a stoppage or floor Joshua a few times. I dont see many if any close rounds going Usyks way.
    Oh some of the judges cards on the Hearn fight nights have been awful. Hearn hasn't fooled me with his synthetic outrage at the judges after the one fight night either.

When it happens I usually say I'm never watching again, what a farce it all is and then roll on a month or two I'm still paying for it the very next time or attending in person.

It's a bit like watching City 😀

Press conference Live Now. Unfortunately Adam Smith and Eddie Hearn speaking 1st.

Eddie " Joshua has the best resume of any recent heavyweight" then names Charles Martin.😂😂😂

Joshua between 5th and 7th round.