+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: HGV Driver Shortages

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: HGV Driver Shortages

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    **** me, well said. This notion that a lot of the people who voted out in the poorest regions are uneducated racists is just plain wrong. Some will be, but the majority aren't. They voted out because successive governments and the Neo Lib EU systemically contributed towards their pay and conditions dropping. It's not the fault of economic migrants, they probably want the same as anyone else, but the fact is that bosses used labour immigration as a way of paying less and squeezing conditions.

At times, I found the remain campaign and plenty of those who were vocal about staying as snooty and condescending, and not at all interested in trying to understand that people from traditional industrial areas were the losers in almost every respect.

The irony is that the white middle class generally stick with their own, because they can and they have options. The working classes have integrated for centuries, due to economic immigration into these areas, and generally, different cultures have rubbed along pretty well.

These people voted out because governments of both colours sold off manufacturing and heavy industry, didn't replace it with real jobs, unions became weak after legislation was passed by the Tories and new labour, and the EU, run by bankers and bosses did their level best to implement policy that was designed to look after the bosses, not the workers.
    Agree 100%.

The slandering of all leave voters repulsed me, and as someone who was 50/50 at the start was a significant factor in turning me away from the remain campaign.

Anyway, on HGV drivers, we need a long term fix. Realign the economy so that those society relies upon get a fairer slice of the cake.

Need to hold our nerve IMO.

Re: HGV Driver Shortages

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Agree 100%.

The slandering of all leave voters repulsed me, and as someone who was 50/50 at the start was a significant factor in turning me away from the remain campaign.

Anyway, on HGV drivers, we need a long term fix. Realign the economy so that those society relies upon get a fairer slice of the cake.

Need to hold our nerve IMO.
    The jobs at risk of being weren't the social media managers, the estate agents, the civil servants.

It was the poorest that were adversely affected and the better off that were benefitting from immigration