https://www.instagram.com/p/CUMoOXqo...dium=copy_link

Thoughts?

Re: Drinking in your seat at the football could be reinstated

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    'Drinking in seats at football grounds could be reinstated'

http://www.skysports.com/share/12416189

Thoughts?
    Challenges the biennial World Cup as the worst idea to have been suggested in years. People constantly back and forth to the bar, to the toilet, more drunk people, more aggro, surely we can wait 45 mins for a pint for f***s sakes

Good will stop the mad half time rush.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Challenges the biennial World Cup as the worst idea to have been suggested in years. People constantly back and forth to the bar, to the toilet, more drunk people, more aggro, surely we can wait 45 mins for a pint for f***s sakes
    I never used to drink when I was going anyway as I was with my daughter, well very rarely, but if I did it was before and after I never used to bother in the ground the pints are like piss anyway.

I think enough people turn up after a few and I don't really see how an extra pint or 2 would make a difference to the ones that drink quite a few before and after, they're pissed up either way, the ones that may have the odd drink in the ground and turn up sober won't be an issue, but you're right it would he a nuisance if people were walking back and forth during the game, bad enough getting up to let the serial pissers past.

Doesn’t work in football unless they keep the bars shut during play

Can’t be bothered standing up and down every 2 minutes while the game is on

It’s ok in American sports because of the natural stops

Wont work it's a disaster at the principality for the rugby with people up and down all game.

Thoughts?
    It will increase the sales of ponchos to save everyone get p££s poor lager thrown over everyone on the odd occasion we score

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Doesn’t work in football unless they keep the bars shut during play

Can’t be bothered standing up and down every 2 minutes while the game is on

It’s ok in American sports because of the natural stops
    Totally agree, it will end up like the rugby where people go just to get pissed and not watch the game, up and down up and down for drinks or the toilet all game.

Thoughts?
    No thanks. It's bad enough at Wales games with people leaving their seats to get food from the concourse and this would be ten times worse.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Totally agree, it will end up like the rugby where people go just to get pissed and not watch the game, up and down up and down for drinks or the toilet all game.
    Its like that for plenty already though. Out at 11/12 to have a few before the game then one or 2 half time etc.

No. I like a few points but for reasons already mentioned this is a bad idea.

Its like that for plenty already though. Out at 11/12 to have a few before the game then one or 2 half time etc.
    Yeah that's true, but I can just imagine if the bar was open it would be even worse, up and down all the time.

Please no.
    It will be a continuous up/ down nonsense during the game of people going to the bar.

Also when (haha) we score you will have those tw.at heads who think its cool to throw beer in the air.

No thank you

Bloody hell.

At 50 my bladder dictates when I get up and when I sit down. I even have to stop while I'm running to take take a piss these days. Also, I get up 3 or 4 times in a night to take a leak.

I'd be unbearable for the people on my row and behind me should I be allowed to consume large amounts of beer during the game.

I'm already living in a constant episode of Curb your enthusiasm, any added opportunity to get into conflict with people will be unwelcome

I hope not, but it wouldn't surprise me if in a few years time we had staff wandering around the stands selling crappy lager to fans in their seats, from those massive back packs.

No thanks.

No thank you, may be interested if they hadn't drinking sections so people had a choice

Sounds like a money grab to me, plus it could increase instances of drink driving, plus all the reasons outlined above.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    No. I like a few points but for reasons already mentioned this is a bad idea.
    following us was your first mistake

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I hope not, but it wouldn't surprise me if in a few years time we had staff wandering around the stands selling crappy lager to fans in their seats, from those massive back packs.
    When the football becomes a tad boring on a Saturday afternoon it might be entertaining to watch the lager vendors rollerskating up and down the terraces with their backpacks.

Even as someone who enjoys a few beers befor and after the game, and at half time, I don't support this, athough I cant see anything wrong with some clubs trialling it i guess.

Worth a try to see if it is really as annoying as people are predicting.

Some of the hospitality areas they should introduce it for sure

I wouldn't mind having a beer throughout the game, but i can control myself also (most of the time).

why not allow folk to take a bevvie out whilst watching the game, but then close the bars after each kick off for 45 minutes to discourage up and down nonsense whilst the game is on?

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    I wouldn't mind having a beer throughout the game, but i can control myself also (most of the time).

why not allow folk to take a bevvie out whilst watching the game, but then close the bars and toilets after each kick off for 45 minutes to discourage up and down nonsense whilst the game is on?
    Amended for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post

why not allow folk to take a bevvie out whilst watching the game, but then close the bars after each kick off for 45 minutes to discourage up and down nonsense whilst the game is on?
    Sounds like a reasonable middle ground.

Any goal between the 45th-55th minute would definitely lead to flinging of pints a la fanzones mind.