+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Blackburn press conference - Mick

Blackburn press conference - Mick

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-live-21660442

Joe Ralls still out (back next week).

Ryan Giles back but only had a few days training.

The u23s done good!

Re: Blackburn press conference - Mick

Baffled as to how he can say the three centrebacks have been "excellent" - especially the captain. We've kept one clean sheet so far and I've just listened to Danny Gabbidon saying Morrison is not his normal self this season on a podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Baffled as to how he can say the three centrebacks have been "excellent" - especially the captain. We've kept one clean sheet so far and I've just listened to Danny Gabbidon saying Morrison is not his normal self this season on a podcast.
    I don't want managers criticising players in public - that is the problem with press conferences for me - any concerns about players forms for me is for behind closed doors

Blokes a lying idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Blokes a lying idiot.
    He speaks very highly of you too.

Apart from player availability, the one thing I got from that was that McGuinness and Morrison seem to be competing for a place at the moment. Idea that we could have McGuinness, Morrison and Nelson seems a way off - perhaps deserved on form if Gabbidon is saying Morrison off it and Flint scoring highly on WhoScored - but I wonder if that defensive line is our most likely next season?

Think Mick sees his job being on the training field (we don't see) and on match-day and isn't one who enjoys press conferences.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-live-21660442

Joe Ralls still out (back next week).

Ryan Giles back but only had a few days training.

The u23s done good!
    Shame he wasn't asked about his hoof football and terrible tactics

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Apart from player availability, the one thing I got from that was that McGuinness and Morrison seem to be competing for a place at the moment. Idea that we could have McGuinness, Morrison and Nelson seems a way off - perhaps deserved on form if Gabbidon is saying Morrison off it and Flint scoring highly on WhoScored - but I wonder if that defensive line is our most likely next season?

Think Mick sees his job being on the training field (we don't see) and on match-day and isn't one who enjoys press conferences.
    Yes, no idea if it’s the way it’s reported but his answers to the questions seem very short and a bit blunt

His job is in the training field? I have no idea what he does out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I think they play games where he fines them if the ball touches the ground

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    I don't want managers criticising players in public - that is the problem with press conferences for me - any concerns about players forms for me is for behind closed doors
    Well, you're assuming that there are only two things you can say about your players - that they're "excellent" or crap. There's a huge amount that can be said between those two extremes, how can our three central defenders have been excellent when we've kept one clean sheet in ten games in all competitions?

Well, you're assuming that there are only two things you can say about your players - that they're "excellent" or crap. There's a huge amount that can be said between those two extremes, how can our three central defenders have been excellent when we've kept one clean sheet in ten games in all competitions?
    The defence has been terrible and all over the shop in nearly every game

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I think they play games where he fines them if the ball touches the ground
    Maybe they get points or a bonus depending on how many of those annoying seagulls they down…

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I know. How many times can you practice kicking the ball really far and heading the ball.

I think there are 6 teams who have conceded fewer goals than us

Pulled apart by single straight passes, it's not even like teams work the ball around us and pull us of of position, just one direct pass splits the defence wide open.

Well, I am not assuming anything - I just think that managers in any walk of life should keep individual performance comments to indoors and publicly criticise their players unless it is in public interest ie commits a crime etc

Just my humble opinion

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You can tell you've got absolutely zero to say about the football lately as you just resort to having digs at other posters.

If we win have a pop at the people who are concerned with our club and the crap football. If we lose don't even come close to commenting on the product on the field or the club in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    You are right. Much of that is down to us not conceding many in games, in that we've conceded 2 or more in a game only twice. Only Fulham have done that once.

However, 17 sides have kept more clean sheets than us. We do have a habit of conceding in virtually every game.

Swansea's stats are quite interesting. They have the current joint best record for clean sheets (4) yet in the 4 games where they have conceded they've let in 2, 3, 3 and 3!

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    You can tell you've got absolutely zero to say about the football lately as you just resort to having digs at other posters.

If we win have a pop at the people who are concerned with our club and the crap football. If we lose don't even come close to commenting on the product on the field or the club in general.
    Its easier to ignore him, or reply "well done" that does the trick with them as well.

Stating the obvious, but we could do with a win this weekend just to break mounting frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think there are now 21 teams who have conceded fewer goals than us.

Stating the obvious, but we could do with a win this weekend just to break mounting frustration.
    This went well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    This went well.