+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Blackburn press conference - Mick

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Blackburn press conference - Mick

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Baffled as to how he can say the three centrebacks have been "excellent" - especially the captain. We've kept one clean sheet so far and I've just listened to Danny Gabbidon saying Morrison is not his normal self this season on a podcast.
    I don't want managers criticising players in public - that is the problem with press conferences for me - any concerns about players forms for me is for behind closed doors

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    I don't want managers criticising players in public - that is the problem with press conferences for me - any concerns about players forms for me is for behind closed doors
    Well, you're assuming that there are only two things you can say about your players - that they're "excellent" or crap. There's a huge amount that can be said between those two extremes, how can our three central defenders have been excellent when we've kept one clean sheet in ten games in all competitions?

Well, you're assuming that there are only two things you can say about your players - that they're "excellent" or crap. There's a huge amount that can be said between those two extremes, how can our three central defenders have been excellent when we've kept one clean sheet in ten games in all competitions?
    The defence has been terrible and all over the shop in nearly every game

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    The defence has been terrible and all over the shop in nearly every game
    I think there are 6 teams who have conceded fewer goals than us

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think there are 6 teams who have conceded fewer goals than us
    I think there are now 21 teams who have conceded fewer goals than us.

Well, I am not assuming anything - I just think that managers in any walk of life should keep individual performance comments to indoors and publicly criticise their players unless it is in public interest ie commits a crime etc

Just my humble opinion