+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Is Cardiff city centre busy on saturdays?

O/T Is Cardiff city centre busy on saturdays?

I have to take my disabled wife into the City Centre

We haven't been in since before the Pandemic and we were going to go in today but she is having one of her bad days now.

I may have to take her in tomorrow, but I was just wondering how busy the Centre has got since reopening fully?

Re: O/T Is Cardiff city centre busy on saturdays?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I have to take my disabled wife into the City Centre

We haven't been in since before the Pandemic and we were going to go in today but she is having one of her bad days now.

I may have to take her in tomorrow, but I was just wondering how busy the Centre has got since reopening fully?
    No one has been to the centre on a Saturday yet?

[QUOTE=Elwood Blues;5227425]No one has been to the centre on a Saturday yet?[/QU

[QUOTE=Rock_Flock_of_Five;5227426][QUOTE=Elwood Blues;5227425]No one has been to the centre on a Saturday yet?[/QU[/QUOT

[QUOTE=Rjk;5227428][QUOTE=Rock_Flock_of_Five;5227426]
    No one has been to the centre on a Saturday yet?[/QU[/QUOT
    I’m not much use to you Elwood because I’ve not been into town on a Saturday in years - just posting this to see if everything’s working right, because it seems like a couple of people have tried replying to you.

I've been into town a couple of times on recent weekends. It's not quite back to what it used to be, but that's hardly surprising, given that a lot of shops have closed. It's quite busy from around John Lewis, up The Hayes, past the Owain, and on to the junction with Queen Street. But everywhere else is a bit quiet. St Davids 2 is busy, St Davids 1 not so much, except for the bit with Foot Locker in it.

[QUOTE=Rjk;5227428][QUOTE=Rock_Flock_of_Five;5227426][QUOTE=Elwood Blues;5227425]No one has been to the centre on a Saturday yet?[/QU[/QUOT[/QUOTE

[QUOTE=Eric the Half a Bee;5227579][QUOTE=Rjk;5227428][QUOTE=Rock_Flock_of_Five;5227426]
    No one has been to the centre on a Saturday yet?[/QU[/QUOT[/QUOTE
    For some reason the board won't let anyone answer this question.

Except for Bob.

And that seems to be because he has replied to one of the posts that was a reply to one of mine rather than reply to my post directly

It's busy as Hell.
    I drive a taxi and this week all the students are back, you'll have all The parents dropping the little brats off and staying in Cardiff for the weekend so they can take them to tesco on western avenue and fill up the little darlings cupboards with a big food shop for what will be the kids first time living away from home.
    It'll be manic this weekend.

I can't answer about Cardiff centre as I haven't been, But ive been others, which might give you a idea on crowds ( Bristol, Bath and Southampton ) and they are back to normal imho, Bath was swamped with people from the Far East 2 weekends ago, it was mental, though as " uncle bob " has said, Uni's are going back, the " International students " had to be in Halls 2 weeks before UK students, parents would have travelled over with them and stayed in Bath for a few nights

Was in yesterday and seemed to be back to pre pandemic levels. It was good to see. Reckon saturdays will be another level again mind

Maybe a Sunday would be better if that's a viable option.