+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Petrol pump queues

Re: Petrol pump queues

Just been out to fuel up for work today, still queues at 2 local petrol stations and Tesco in Talbot Green has no fuel until later this morning. Just when you think this country can't get any more embarrassing........

International

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Social media is the problem. You can guarantee that at least one person on here will have read this thread and immediately rushed off to fill up at the petrol station.
    I didn't. Nobody she me. You can't prove a thing.

At 7:00am, I wandered over to Morrisons in Llanishen to get my racing paper and do a bit of shopping. The queue for the petrol station already stretched as far as Ty Glas Road. Incredible. We live in a nation full of morons, but in fairness that’s hardly news.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    At 7:00am, I wandered over to Morrisons in Llanishen to get my racing paper and do a bit of shopping. The queue for the petrol station already stretched as far as Ty Glas Road. Incredible. We live in a nation full of morons, but in fairness that’s hardly news.
    Plenty of greedy bastards. The Petrol station should limit the amount people can buy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Christ alive….I give up….I’ll wait until next week when the idiots have all filled up and can’t fill up again

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Christ alive….I give up….I’ll wait until next week when the idiots have all filled up and can’t fill up again
    Too add a little bit of balance, there are those who just want to throw £20 in the tin, for the shopping, school run etc.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Who are 'they? Should the media be forced to refrain from reporting factual events?
    British Bullshit Corporation

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

They might be able to.

ae235.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    British Bullshit Corporation
    So the BBC was the only media organisation reporting the true situation?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I didn't. Nobody she me. You can't prove a thing.
    No problem. It's OK to be gender fluid these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    They might be able to.

ae235.jpg
    I’ll make my own diesel up, I remember reading something about it years ago, old sunflower oil etc

I’ll make my own diesel up, I remember reading something about it years ago, old sunflower oil etc
    I've just posted on Facebook that everyone is buying Sunflower oil OMG!!!!!!!!

Old VW T4's ( and other VAG's that used the same engine ) used to run on Veg oil, at one point I was mixing 50/50 ( others were using 90/10 in the summer ) I could get Veg oil in 20L drums for 60 ( ish ) p a L

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Old VW T4's ( and other VAG's that used the same engine ) used to run on Veg oil, at one point I was mixing 50/50 ( others were using 90/10 in the summer ) I could get Veg oil in 20L drums for 60 ( ish ) p a L
    I remember that, a few of my mates still have T4’s….

I remember that, a few of my mates still have T4’s….

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Plenty of greedy bastards. The Petrol station should limit the amount people can buy.
    25 quid in Tonypandy last night. A mate had to go up there as all local places were either out or mental queues.

I've got 30 miles left, meant to be out for the day today using the car and need to get my daughter home Sunday evening so obviously need petrol, I just can't be arsed joining the circus, will waste fuel waiting to get fuel 😂😂

It's the knock on effects that do my head in! Took me ages to get the dentist yesterday afternoon because traffic was at a standstill around Morrisons in Llanishen.

I only get petrol when my refill light comes on - and it came on yesterday. Can't be arsed joining those queues. I'll just stay local and use my legs for the weekend - god knows I could do with the extra exercise!

We went this morning as we actually needed petrol to get to a wedding later and the queue was massive blocking the road. Only when we got closer we realised it was because everyone wanted to use the pay at the pump and the two other lanes at the petrol station were pay in the shop and empty. Flew through in seconds then.
    I think this pandemic has shown we have a lot of stupid people in the UK.

If i was a petrol station owner I would have put an extra 50 pence on the litre, people would have still bought it

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    It's like toilet paper all over again.. Also, there's no diesel in Asda Cardiff Bay,
    ToiletRollTossers.jpg

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That is totally the wrong way to do it. They should do the opposite. People are topping up their tanks buying 5 and 10 pounds of petrol squeezing it in.
    they should say anyone going to a fuelling station must pay a minimum of £30 whatever fuel they put in their cars, so if the only have 10 litres they still have to pay £30. That will cut the queues by about 65% immediately.

International

I drove to Tesco in Western Avenue about mid day. The forecourt was full being marshalled by Tesco folks but the girl told me that a tanker had just unloaded there so there was no problem. I was filled up and gone in about 10 minutes or so .I'm driving back and forth to Weston every day so I need a full tank for a week.

International

Anyone desperate remember Tesco is open 24/7/ go in the early hours, and take a cup of tea with you.

I’m thinking of popping down to Sainsbury’s on Colchester ave now….can’t be idiots queuing now