+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Petrol pump queues

Petrol pump queues

Just drove through Bridgend and there are large queues for fuel at all the garages this morning.
    Panic buy has commenced

Re: Petrol pump queues

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Just drove through Bridgend and there are large queues for fuel at all the garages this morning.
    Panic buy has commenced
    Sadly, it's inevitable and very difficult not to take part in if we have any impending trips to make. I have to confess to just having filled up myself as I have a trip to Wales coming up.....

Brexit is cool.

The stations will be closed again in a couple of days, whilst people who usually run their car between empty and half full will be sat on a full tank, ready to see them do their weekly shopping trip next week.

I despair at humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Panic buy has commenced
    Me too

Bridgend twats

Probably all Liverpool and Manure supporters as well or even worse JB's!

If they hadn’t plastered this all over the news then we be ok just getting our usual amounts of fuel.

Next thing will be fuel being rationed to key workers and emergency services.

just took me 40 minutes to get petrol tesco st mellons quite a steady queue building up

by the way usually get petrol on Fridays not panic buying

Chaos at the Three Arches Garage in Heathwood Rd with cars backed up to turn left in the garage and from the opposite direction cars trying to turn right into the forecourt with no-one letting them in.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    If they hadn’t plastered this all over the news then we be ok just getting our usual amounts of fuel.

Next thing will be fuel being rationed to key workers and emergency services.
    Who are 'they? Should the media be forced to refrain from reporting factual events?

It's like toilet paper all over again.. Also, there's no diesel in Asda Cardiff Bay,

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Who are 'they? Should the media be forced to refrain from reporting factual events?
    Media Yes and in some cases certain stuff they consider to be of public interest, do cause immediate issues.
    So yes sensationalising something is irresponsible.
    If the government is coming out and saying not to panic buy - then there clearly is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Brexit is cool.
    No fuel, no food, no co2, record homeless, record waits for nhs…..it’s amazing how good things are

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    It's like toilet paper all over again.. Also, there's no diesel in Asda Cardiff Bay,
    Same type of people who cleared out the supermarkets just before the first lockdown

Social media is the problem. You can guarantee that at least one person on here will have read this thread and immediately rushed off to fill up at the petrol station.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I'm not sure why but that made me laugh.....

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It was sensationalist

Demand has tripled just because of that report

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    Media Yes and in some cases certain stuff they consider to be of public interest, do cause immediate issues.
    So yes sensationalising something is irresponsible.
    If the government is coming out and saying not to panic buy - then there clearly is a problem.
    What sanctions should be handed down to journalists reporting uncomfortable truths? And who should decide what subjects are taboo and which must be suppressed?

I still got my petrol ration tokens from the 70’s

Anyone remember that shortage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I still got my petrol ration tokens from the 70’s

Anyone remember that shortage
    There was a shortage of petrol tokens?

I fill up, full tank £70ish every Friday (drive all week for work)

Need petrol car is nearly empty, and cant bring myself to fill up, because don't want to join the knobs waiting down there.

Ah well stay in and watch Ryder cup all weekend now

From Coryton all the way back past Taff's Well earlier.

As I got off by Coryton coming from Bristol the queues carrying on to Cardiff West etc were stupid too traffic at a standstill. Never like that on the way home even on a Friday.

I’ve got about 40 miles left in the tank….could have issues this week. Had a busy week and didn’t consider the good ole panic buying British culture. I can’t face going today I’ll just wing it until Monday and hope