+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Petrol pump queues

Re: Petrol pump queues

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    They did the right thing on vaccines, which was the biggest call any government has made in the last couple of years.

Why do people have to be so black and white? Some mistakes get made, others don't.

More often that not, governments are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I largely blame the media on this - I can think of no greater example of taking a molehill and manufacturing a mountain.
    You Tories can be very thin skinned at times. Truth is, I don't blame the Government entirely for the current situation by any means, but I think they are one of a few contributory factors that have combined to produce something that has been more of a problem than it should have been. This Government are continually caught on the hop (Covid, Afghanistan, school meals, exam results, aspects of Brexit, the list goes on and on) and I made a point of saying that I don't think it was the same with other Conservative administrations.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You Tories can be very thin skinned at times. Truth is, I don't blame the Government entirely for the current situation by any means, but I think they are one of a few contributory factors that have combined to produce something that has been more of a problem than it should have been. This Government are continually caught on the hop (Covid, Afghanistan, school meals, exam results, aspects of Brexit, the list goes on and on) and I made a point of saying that I don't think it was the same with other Conservative administrations.
    No I would say the same when people think Mark Drakeford's Welsh Labour are always making errors too. I don't think it's the case, I think the reality is always shades of grey.

Covid has of course caught everyone on the hoop, I just think it's helpful to look at a balance of things. Furlough, the vaccines, raising U/C etc all pretty good. The initial slow lockdown, stopping HGV tests, care homes etc all pretty bad.

I just don't like the partisan nature of it all.

I don't blame the government on this, I really do blame a sensationalist media.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    yes this current lot are constantly being surprised by how difficult running the country actually is.
    I'm sure this is due to the culture that pervades down from the guy in #10 who gives off the aura that he thinks he can do anything and it'll be easy just because he went to Eton and Oxford, but pays literally no attention to the details resulting in calamity after calamity.
    Brexit negations , they'll be easy
    managing a pandemic, well just wash our hands a bit more

this was neatly summed up for me when the other day, despite presumably being aware he doesn't speak much French, he decides to wing it on a TV interview and comes up with some garbled nonsense "prenez un grip and donnez moi un break".
    this is the arrogance of someone who has never had to bother with trying at anything his whole life because every door has been held open for him.
    I can't believe he's actually running the country.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Apparently the next thing the media are going to panic about is a shortage of jobs in the hope everyone will rush out and get one.
    Turkeys

Panic buying Fuel is hardly a new thing, its happened in the past, the threat of " lorry drivers protesting " set if of last time, they did then protest, but it didn't really matter as the damage was done and petrol stations were empty anyway due to panic buyers draining the tanks ) I was a Carpenter at the time and we were all told to go and fill up our vans and the boss sent someone with the flatbed to fill up some ex-army Jerry cans and anything else that he could get to fill with Diesel, The labourer took that onboard and put 2 empty Oil Barrels ( might have been 200 L each ) on the back and filled them, the trucks leaf suspension was flat when he got back the poor lad had a warning about overloading the lorry made me laugh at the time and I said to the boss, he was only trying to help

So it does seem a little bit of a stretch to blame the government for people panic buying Fuel ( though nothing surprises me on here anymore, I occasionally expect to see people blaming the tories for it raining that day and they forget a umbrella )

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Turkeys
    I’m going to cook a chicken this xmas, with beef and ham. Already stockpiled in the freezer. Cranberry and mustard in cupboard. I’m loving it already

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    this was neatly summed up for me when the other day, despite presumably being aware he doesn't speak much French, he decides to wing it on a TV interview and comes up with some garbled nonsense "prenez un grip and donnez moi un break".
    this is the arrogance of someone who has never had to bother with trying at anything his whole life because every door has been held open for him.
    I can't believe he's actually running the country.
    Boris Johnson is fluent in French.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    you shouldn't let the truth get in the way of a Boris Bash though

Boris Johnson is effluent in French.
    There's a surprise!

Is red diesel available? Away from legal eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    When isn't it available?

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    I drive past a chandlery on the way to some of my work, saw them taking a delivery Friday, so its still being used

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    you shouldn't let the truth get in the way of a Boris Bash though
    Does the buffoon not deserve a constant bashing?

The UK becoming more like North Korea or Venezuela every day.
    Who'd have voted for that at the last election?

ugh that's even WORSE, he can speak French fluently, but he comes out with this garbled nonsense to appeal to who?

ugh that's even WORSE, he can speak French fluently, but he comes out with this garbled nonsense to appeal to who?
    Take a look at this page, and that'll help answer the question.

International

It is quite deliberate like lots of things he may say or do that seem silly. It makes the french annoyed because they hate franglais and if they start screaming about that too It makes them look even worse than their tantrum already made them
    Also ordinary people can relate to it and like the idea of having a dig at the French. He is playing to the ordinary voter.

It is quite deliberate like lots of things he may say or do that seem silly. It makes the french annoyed because they hate franglais and if they start screaming about that too It makes them look even worse than their tantrum already made them
    Also ordinary people can relate to it and like the idea of having a dig at the French. He is playing to the ordinary voter.

He probably is, and he really should have more than enough on his plate right now than be doing that.

And incomprehensible in English.

A friend on Sunday was queuing at Asda ,the lady just in front of him filled up her car within 30 seconds, he was on the opposite side of the pump and could hear the noise the pump makes when it detects the fill level, he heard it twice ,reckons she'd got about 3.50 into the car , so happy days

It's the French who use 'Franglais' in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Sperm banks around the country are experiencing a shortage atm
    Apparently all the wankers are queuing for petrol
    This

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I remember that, a few of my mates still have T4’s….
    Mine is waiting in reserve . Got petrol in Morrisons earlier , no queues....

Yep, and Basil Fawlty speaks fluent Spanish

Anyone know of any diesel in north Cardiff? Don’t have a lot of fuel left so can’t drive around trying stations. Have tried phoning the local petrol stations but they’re not answering.