+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Petrol pump queues

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Petrol pump queues

I drive an electric car but I've got a petrol lawnmower. I actually need to go and get some petrol because the lawnmower is empty. I've no idea what the etiquette is on walking up to a forecourt and asking to jump the queue with my gerry can (a la skipping the queue in a supermarket if you have just one item), but the alternative is driving an electric car to a petrol station to fill up a can which I suspect would look like some pretty deranged panic buying itself.

Not that it matters, because there is no petrol left around here anyway.

Driving through parts of Gloucestershire and Herefordshire on Saturday there were no closures or queues at any of the several petrol stations I passed outside of the main towns.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I drive an electric car but I've got a petrol lawnmower. I actually need to go and get some petrol because the lawnmower is empty. I've no idea what the etiquette is on walking up to a forecourt and asking to jump the queue with my gerry can (a la skipping the queue in a supermarket if you have just one item), but the alternative is driving an electric car to a petrol station to fill up a can which I suspect would look like some pretty deranged panic buying itself.

Not that it matters, because there is no petrol left around here anyway.
    If you dress in an eccentric manner you can get away with it. Perhaps like Louis 16th or something?