+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Petrol pump queues

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Petrol pump queues

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I drove to Tesco in Western Avenue about mid day. The forecourt was full being marshalled by Tesco folks but the girl told me that a tanker had just unloaded there so there was no problem. I was filled up and gone in about 10 minutes or so .I'm driving back and forth to Weston every day so I need a full tank for a week.
    Another tanker there at 9am this morning. Told me that they were getting supplies as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Another tanker there at 9am this morning. Told me that they were getting supplies as normal.
    They are, nothings changed bar some idiot politician saying on the news we were going to have fuel supply problems, he was sort of right in that he caused it

International

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    They are, nothings changed bar some idiot politician saying on the news we were going to have fuel supply problems, he was sort of right in that he caused it
    It wasn't a politician who started it, it was BP. The thing was engineered to force the government to let in foreign drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It wasn't a politician who started it, it was BP. The thing was engineered to force the government to let in foreign drivers.
    And, as usual, with this Government when faced with a problem, the reaction is “well, who could have seen that coming?”., with the answer usually being “plenty of people actually”. Yes

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And, as usual, with this Government when faced with a problem, the reaction is “well, who could have seen that coming?”., with the answer usually being “plenty of people actually”. Yes
    Its the same with all governments Bob. only those who are myopic pretend otherwise.

it really is a shambles of a farce and the lions share of blame goes to the idiots who feel the need to panic buy. the levels of ****wittery are off the scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    Its the same with all governments Bob. only those who are myopic pretend otherwise.

it really is a shambles of a farce and the lions share of blame goes to the idiots who feel the need to panic buy. the levels of ****wittery are off the scale.
    Disagree, this Government is always caught in the hop, I can remember other Tory Adminstrations that were nowhere near as bad as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Disagree, this Government is always caught in the hop, I can remember other Tory Adminstrations that were nowhere near as bad as this one.
    They did the right thing on vaccines, which was the biggest call any government has made in the last couple of years.

Why do people have to be so black and white? Some mistakes get made, others don't.

More often that not, governments are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I largely blame the media on this - I can think of no greater example of taking a molehill and manufacturing a mountain.