+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 119

Thread: Petrol pump queues

  1. #1

    Petrol pump queues

    Just drove through Bridgend and there are large queues for fuel at all the garages this morning.
    Panic buy has commenced

  2. #2

    Re: Petrol pump queues

    Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Just drove through Bridgend and there are large queues for fuel at all the garages this morning.
    Panic buy has commenced
    Sadly, it's inevitable and very difficult not to take part in if we have any impending trips to make. I have to confess to just having filled up myself as I have a trip to Wales coming up.....

  3. #3

    Re: Petrol pump queues

    Brexit is cool.

  4. #4

    Re: Petrol pump queues

    The stations will be closed again in a couple of days, whilst people who usually run their car between empty and half full will be sat on a full tank, ready to see them do their weekly shopping trip next week.

  5. #5

    Re: Petrol pump queues

    I despair at humanity.

  6. #6

    Re: Petrol pump queues

    Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Just drove through Bridgend and there are large queues for fuel at all the garages this morning.
    Panic buy has commenced
    Me too

    Bridgend twats

  7. #7

    Re: Petrol pump queues

    Probably all Liverpool and Manure supporters as well or even worse JB's!

  8. #8

    Re: Petrol pump queues

    If they hadnít plastered this all over the news then we be ok just getting our usual amounts of fuel.

    Next thing will be fuel being rationed to key workers and emergency services.

  9. #9

    Re: Petrol pump queues

    just took me 40 minutes to get petrol tesco st mellons quite a steady queue building up

    by the way usually get petrol on Fridays not panic buying

  10. #10

    Re: Petrol pump queues

    Chaos at the Three Arches Garage in Heathwood Rd with cars backed up to turn left in the garage and from the opposite direction cars trying to turn right into the forecourt with no-one letting them in.

  11. #11

    Re: Petrol pump queues

    Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    If they hadn’t plastered this all over the news then we be ok just getting our usual amounts of fuel.

    Next thing will be fuel being rationed to key workers and emergency services.
    Who are 'they? Should the media be forced to refrain from reporting factual events?

  12. #12

    Re: Petrol pump queues

    It's like toilet paper all over again.. Also, there's no diesel in Asda Cardiff Bay,

  13. #13

    Re: Petrol pump queues

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Who are 'they? Should the media be forced to refrain from reporting factual events?
    Media Yes and in some cases certain stuff they consider to be of public interest, do cause immediate issues.
    So yes sensationalising something is irresponsible.
    If the government is coming out and saying not to panic buy - then there clearly is a problem.

  14. #14

    Re: Petrol pump queues

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Brexit is cool.
    No fuel, no food, no co2, record homeless, record waits for nhs…..it’s amazing how good things are

  15. #15

    Re: Petrol pump queues

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    It's like toilet paper all over again.. Also, there's no diesel in Asda Cardiff Bay,
    Same type of people who cleared out the supermarkets just before the first lockdown

  16. #16

    Re: Petrol pump queues

    Social media is the problem. You can guarantee that at least one person on here will have read this thread and immediately rushed off to fill up at the petrol station.

  17. #17

    Re: Petrol pump queues

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    It's like toilet paper all over again.. Also, there's no diesel in Asda Cardiff Bay,
    I'm not sure why but that made me laugh.....

  18. #18

    Re: Petrol pump queues

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Who are 'they? Should the media be forced to refrain from reporting factual events?
    It was sensationalist

    Demand has tripled just because of that report

  19. #19

    Re: Petrol pump queues

    Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    Media Yes and in some cases certain stuff they consider to be of public interest, do cause immediate issues.
    So yes sensationalising something is irresponsible.
    If the government is coming out and saying not to panic buy - then there clearly is a problem.
    What sanctions should be handed down to journalists reporting uncomfortable truths? And who should decide what subjects are taboo and which must be suppressed?

  20. #20

    Re: Petrol pump queues

    I still got my petrol ration tokens from the 70’s

    Anyone remember that shortage

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •