+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Petrol pump queues

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Petrol pump queues

At 7:00am, I wandered over to Morrisons in Llanishen to get my racing paper and do a bit of shopping. The queue for the petrol station already stretched as far as Ty Glas Road. Incredible. We live in a nation full of morons, but in fairness that’s hardly news.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    At 7:00am, I wandered over to Morrisons in Llanishen to get my racing paper and do a bit of shopping. The queue for the petrol station already stretched as far as Ty Glas Road. Incredible. We live in a nation full of morons, but in fairness that’s hardly news.
    Plenty of greedy bastards. The Petrol station should limit the amount people can buy.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Plenty of greedy bastards. The Petrol station should limit the amount people can buy.
    That is totally the wrong way to do it. They should do the opposite. People are topping up their tanks buying 5 and 10 pounds of petrol squeezing it in.
    they should say anyone going to a fuelling station must pay a minimum of £30 whatever fuel they put in their cars, so if the only have 10 litres they still have to pay £30. That will cut the queues by about 65% immediately.

International

Anyone desperate remember Tesco is open 24/7/ go in the early hours, and take a cup of tea with you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Christ alive….I give up….I’ll wait until next week when the idiots have all filled up and can’t fill up again

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Christ alive….I give up….I’ll wait until next week when the idiots have all filled up and can’t fill up again
    Too add a little bit of balance, there are those who just want to throw £20 in the tin, for the shopping, school run etc.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

They might be able to.

ae235.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    They might be able to.

ae235.jpg
    I’ll make my own diesel up, I remember reading something about it years ago, old sunflower oil etc

I’ll make my own diesel up, I remember reading something about it years ago, old sunflower oil etc
    I've just posted on Facebook that everyone is buying Sunflower oil OMG!!!!!!!!

Old VW T4's ( and other VAG's that used the same engine ) used to run on Veg oil, at one point I was mixing 50/50 ( others were using 90/10 in the summer ) I could get Veg oil in 20L drums for 60 ( ish ) p a L

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Old VW T4's ( and other VAG's that used the same engine ) used to run on Veg oil, at one point I was mixing 50/50 ( others were using 90/10 in the summer ) I could get Veg oil in 20L drums for 60 ( ish ) p a L
    I remember that, a few of my mates still have T4’s….

Mine is waiting in reserve . Got petrol in Morrisons earlier , no queues....