+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Welcome to the future (part 101)

Welcome to the future (part 101)

https://apple.news/Abee2O09rSXOjsKW9_xIQAw

Technology, don’t you just love it

Re: Welcome to the future (part 101)

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

I've some sad news for you-8 year olds aren't allowed up chimneys any more either. ****ing social workers.

Imagine the odd mishap, but overall making life easier and more convenient.

Its like losing a penny and finding a 50 quid note.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Imagine the odd mishap, but overall making life easier and more convenient.

Its like losing a penny and finding a 50 quid note.
    Or more like, losing your contactless card and finding out someone had a night out on it

(Where you going to get a penny and £50 note from) ????

Or more like, losing your contactless card and finding out someone had a night out on it

(Where you going to get a penny and £50 note from) ????
    The penny from my pocket and the 50 on the floor.

Technology does more good than it does bad, just get on with it ffs always moaning.

Thing is, these things are only newsworthy because they're so rare that it's a big deal when it happens, you think you're posting some sort of aHA when you start threads like this but in fact you're proving the completely opposite point.

Also your post was written on technology and shared with us via technology and you're reading this right now on technology so you're making yourself look a bit silly really.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Thing is, these things are only newsworthy because they're so rare that it's a big deal when it happens, you think you're posting some sort of aHA when you start threads like this but in fact you're proving the completely opposite point.

Also your post was written on technology and shared with us via technology and you're reading this right now on technology so you're making yourself look a bit silly really.
    ****ing buffoon.

****ing buffoon.
    That's a bit harsh. Tony is well known for his apparent technophobia, and so plays up to it. And most us happily go along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

****ing buffoon.
    No need to call him names, because of something he’s written

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    That's a bit harsh. Tony is well known for his apparent technophobia, and so plays up to it. And most us happily go along with it.

Thank you, some of them should get hold of the handle on their neck and wind it in

Thank you, some of them should get hold of the handle on their neck and wind it in
    We press buttons on our necks nowadays, jeez it doesn't end with you

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I think he is ill educated when it comes to technology. Isn't that a definition of buffoon? What's harsh about that?

My mother struggles with a firestick, thinks you need the TV on for the WiFi to work (long story) but even she wouldn't keep on a mission like this every time a relevant story gets published because she would recognise the plusses outweigh the odd hickup, even if she gets confused between mobile data and needs a screenshot with a circle drawn around the emoji button to find them.l when texting.

You can be technologically inferior and still see sense.

I think he is ill educated when it comes to technology. Isn't that a definition of buffoon? What's harsh about that?

My mother struggles with a firestick, thinks you need the TV on for the WiFi to work (long story) but even she wouldn't keep on a mission like this every time a relevant story gets published because she would recognise the plusses outweigh the odd hickup, even if she gets confused between mobile data and needs a screenshot with a circle drawn around the emoji button to find them.l when texting.

You can be technologically inferior and still see sense.
    For years my mother in law would send texts that were just a long string of characters. The lack of a space bar on her (non smart) mobile was too much, but she still managed.
    Last month she asked me to save her hairdressers phone number into her phone. Not a problem. She had 19 numbers already saved to her phone - 18 of them were my wife's number and the other was her hairdressers😁
    She is a spritely 83 year old mind and managed to book herself 4 flu jabs on line last week.
    She may get things wrong but she certainly gives technology a go.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    For years my mother in law would send texts that were just a long string of characters. The lack of a space bar on her (non smart) mobile was too much, but she still managed.
    Last month she asked me to save her hairdressers phone number into her phone. Not a problem. She had 19 numbers already saved to her phone - 18 of them were my wife's number and the other was her hairdressers😁
    She is a spritely 83 year old mind and managed to book herself 4 flu jabs on line last week.
    She may get things wrong but she certainly gives technology a go.
    My nan was the same before she passed about 15 years ago, uses to send the funniest messages on her Nokia before smart phones and manage to make the odd call. It's nice that people have a go, no harm in making mistakes but making the effort is the main thing.

First Team

I arrived via Heathrow last Friday (17th). It was an hour queue to get through the border with the electronic barriers working. That was a disgrace. Four hours is just ridiculous. Hopefully the chief clown will be treated the same as all the rest of us cannon fodder when he returns from DC then maybe the 3 ring circus will do something about it.