+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: BLACKBURN ROVERS 5 - 1 CARDIFF CITY.

Re: FT: BLACKBURN ROVERS 5 - 1 CARDIFF CITY.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Has he done the thing where he brings off a right back to shove a centre back out there?
    The most negative 'attacking' substitution possible.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Will comfortably be in the bottom three by then….then….we generally implode before we play the jacks also.
    Don't you mean after?

Oh dear, I think Mick has to go.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    These are players NOT playing for the manager!

That first half was utterly disgusting

Sad to say it, but it looks like the players want the manager out
    The sad thing is that this post could have been written at about three different times in the last 12 months. We need a massive clear out of the squad at the end of this season.

Give it to Dai Hunt until the end of the season

Jason Perry isn't very happy. Having a go at the board, fair enough

Re: BLACKBURN ROVERS v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

It’s been coming, a thrashing like this, the 1-0 defeats were softening us up it seems. It’s not being trigger happy wanting a change of manager, it’s common sense I think. We’ve stumbled to a few wins but the writing has been on the wall. The squad looks shot to bits and a ‘different direction’ boost would be for the best now rather prolonging the agony, we’ve been ‘worked out’ and nullified by other coaching staffs. To be honest you didn’t need to be Pep to work us out and the season is young enough to take a punt on a change.

Massive problem though is the brilliant football minds at the top

All you need to prepare for our games is to have your 2 Centre halves heading practice and a lively striker. Job done.

im only glad that fans are back in stadiums and they can voice there dissapointment now direct...

for me its not all about the manager this the manager that, yeah we got beat bad and we been playing poor...the other week we were the best thing since a slice loaf then coventry...

what difference what manager we have in place we have played like this under the last 5 managers and more

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    The sad thing is that this post could have been written at about three different times in the last 12 months. We need a massive clear out of the squad at the end of this season.
    With the acknowledgement that it will take 2-3 seasons to get a manager and squad of players who will buy into football that is played for the majority of time on the floor, i quite like the look of Colwill as a player, who wants to play ground based football, but for a young lad he does seems a bit porky and unfit, not seen him live so maybe the TV isn't kind. I've seen the majority off games on I Follow this season and the opposition teams appear to break quicker than us, press harder and get back into position quickly ,although that may be because we go forward so slowly!!, imagine those having used 8-10 gallons of petrol to go and watch that today!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    West Brom (home)

Reading (home)

International break

Swansea (away) 17th October

Fulham (away) 20th October

Middlesbrough (home)
    4 points from those fixtures? Not looking good, at all.

There is potential for a lot of positives to come from this season but turning potential into reality seems a long way off at the moment.

What do you do though? We have the opportunity to have a really good summer ahead of us but if we're rushing a managerial change mid-season then that is less likely as well.

Got to believe that this is as bad as it gets this year and that the next three games are favourable match-ups. If we can stick together and some of these very experienced professionals want to roll up their sleeves - players and managerial staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    With the acknowledgement that it will take 2-3 seasons to get a manager and squad of players who will buy into football that is played for the majority of time on the floor, i quite like the look of Colwill as a player, who wants to play ground based football, but for a young lad he does seems a bit porky and unfit, not seen him live so maybe the TV isn't kind. I've seen the majority off games on I Follow this season and the opposition teams appear to break quicker than us, press harder and get back into position quickly ,although that may be because we go forward so slowly!!, imagine those having used 8-10 gallons of petrol to go and watch that today!!!
    ....and add on the cost of the M6 Toll. Could have invested in toilet rolls, instead.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    That's optimistic

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    We have the opportunity to have a really good summer ahead of us........
    You keep spouting this nonsense. You don't seem to have realised it's September.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Give it to Dai Hunt until the end of the season
    He’s pitching as we speak on Call Rob

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You keep spouting this nonsense. You don't seem to have realised it's September.
    In terms of my prediction (there's things to look forward to but not necessarily this season) and your prediction (apart from top four, there's no one better than Cardiff) mine seems a bit closer to being accurate.

International break aren’t up to much these days. We could sneak a point off them.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    That's optimistic
    3 off the Jacks and one from anywhere else (Boro, preferably).

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    In terms of my prediction (there's things to look forward to but not necessarily this season) and your prediction (apart from top four, there's no one better than Cardiff) mine seems a bit closer to being accurate.
    I believed most teams at this level this season would struggle to cope with City's prehistoric, physical football. I was hopelessly wrong. The season is already turning into an embarrassment for McCarthy and his band of not so merry men.

Meanwhile, your 'predictions' are just pie-in-the sky gibberish. You seem to be labouring under the illusion that Tan and Co have some sort of grand plan when that so obviously isn't the case. Meanwhile, the notion that the current crop of youngsters are some sort of golden generation is fanciful at best.

3 off the Jacks and one from anywhere else (Boro, preferably).
    That is very optimistic

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It’s been coming, a thrashing like this, the 1-0 defeats were softening us up it seems. It’s not being trigger happy wanting a change of manager, it’s common sense I think. We’ve stumbled to a few wins but the writing has been on the wall. The squad looks shot to bits and a ‘different direction’ boost would be for the best now rather prolonging the agony, we’ve been ‘worked out’ and nullified by other coaching staffs. To be honest you didn’t need to be Pep to work us out and the season is young enough to take a punt on a change.

Massive problem though is the brilliant football minds at the top
    In a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    im only glad that fans are back in stadiums and they can voice there dissapointment now direct...

for me its not all about the manager this the manager that, yeah we got beat bad and we been playing poor...the other week we were the best thing since a slice loaf then coventry...

what difference what manager we have in place we have played like this under the last 5 managers and more
    People talk about players not rushing to come here because of our 'style' ; I doubt few managers would relish managing this squad in the Championship. I've said all along McCarthy's job has been to slash the wage bill whilst remaining in the Championship. I hope we haven't overdone it because were we to go down we would struggle at league 1 level, too.

If McCarthy is still here by Tuesday he should drop several players and go for a different formation. We are too predictable, and predictably bad too.

4-5-1 Smithies, Ng, McGuinness, Flint, Brown, Giles, Bacuna, Pack, Ralls, Harris/Sang, Moore. The rest as subs.

How desperate are we that we will no doubt have to get Wintle and Murphy back in January. Mind you they probably won't just to save on wages.

What options are there for manager, maybe be Hughton who was in charge of a terrible Forest side? We'll probably go for Warnock!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    People talk about players not rushing to come here because of our 'style' ; I doubt few managers would relish managing this squad in the Championship. I've said all along McCarthy's job has been to slash the wage bill whilst remaining in the Championship. I hope we haven't overdone it because were we to go down we would struggle at league 1 level, too.
    If a new manager comes in what formation do we play?

We haven't got a natural winger at the club thanks to the genius decisions by the manager. Would the new man stick with the formation and swap out one of the useless CBs? Could the formation work with a bit of a tweak in how we go about it?

One poor managerial decision after another has got us in this heap of shit we are now sitting in.

Some saw it coming when others were saying such bollocks as "it is what it is, we were shit in the 90s"