Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
I admire the optimistic outlook, but come on. The midfield has been useless but he continually picks the same one, Vaulks has been utter shite in the past 3 games but keeps his place and plays the majority of the games. Mick is stubborn, I'd be amazed if the back 3 against West Brom isn't the same one that started today (unless there's an injury)
With Vaulks coming in for injured Ralls, McGuiness getting a start when Morrison was injured and Collins starting the season to allow Moore to ease back in, it's only the GK that has started ever 90 minutes. Not sure "continually picks" can be said about anything this season except the formation.

Think our options are fairly limited until i) Ralls comes back or ii) Mick considers changing formation which restricts options elsewhere. We've taken a risk in choosing to play the season with a smaller squad, see poor use of parachute payments and not being able to sell players to generate income/remove wages from books as cause of this, which has been exposed predominantly because of covid absences, but this should be the bottom of this slump with key players coming back very soon.

I expect Ralls and Giles to come back for the next game, McGuiness to come in the game after results to pick up from that point. Every season there is a side that makes late charge for play-offs and (after disrupted pre-season and electing to go with youth) we're very much set up to be a second half side whether that's within 90 minutes of across the season. If things keep going this badly that might involve change of manager mind.